Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Sometimes I Think I'll Die Alone, I'd Think I'd Love To Die Alone

Gerard's P.O.V.

I ran in a direct line, my heart pounding with adrenaline, panic and fear. I knew that if anything happened to Belladonna and she died Mikey would be tore apart. He would be completely shattered.
Please, please, please, God, if you're there, please make sure she's not dead. Please save her. If only for Mikey's sanity...please
It had been a very long time since I'd ever said anything like a prayer, but I prayed for Belladonna. In my mind I could see her dead, her funeral and the aftermath of her suicide. I could see her parents shedding silent tears in the night as they passed her empty room, Mikey and Frank holding onto Ray and I for support as they cried at her funeral, and then later on crying alone in their beds. I could see Ray punching her headstone until he gave up and finally cried. Lastly, I could see myself never being able to pick up a pen and draw again.

I swallowed hard, these past three weeks had been difficult. I hadn't been able to draw properly since I'd told Belladonna that I couldn't spend any time with her and it had been agony watching her draw. She drew such sad things. Falling angels, various death scenes, headstones etc. None of it was colour, it was all black and white. Except for maybe the odd splash of red for blood. I regretted telling Belladonna that I could be friends with her, I regretted treating her like everyone else had, I regretted never telling her how much of an impact she had made on all our lives. I promised myself that if she was alive and she survived, that I would take back everything I said and be the best friend I could be to her.

I was so distracted by my thoughts I didn't watch where I was going and I tripped over something on the ground. I landed hard on the ground, my legs caught over the obstruction, the only thing I currently knew about it was that it was warm and big. I turned to look at it and I had to stifle a scream. It was a guy. His mouth was wide open and flies had settled on his tongue and lips. I moved my gaze from his mouth to his eyes. They were wide open and glazed slightly red from the blood that was seeping from the bullet hole in his head. It stood out like a sore thumb and I felt like I was going to be sick. I stared to shake as I stared at the body that a few minutes ago had been full of life before one word flashed across my mind that sent them away.
Belladonna.

I disentangled myself from the body and stood up. Suddenly I became scared to see Belladonna. Would she look like that guy? Would she be still alive? I gulped and whirled away from the corpse. As I was turning I saw a flash of red and black at the slide. I froze instantly. The figure was Belladonna. The red was her blood going down the slide like a crimson river.

My first reaction was to throw up, but somehow I managed to keep my breakfast down as I pulled my phone out.
"Nine-one-one Emergency, what's the emergency?"
"There's been a shooting. One adult male dead and one female teen. Unknown whether alive or dead," I said shakily.
"Where are you?"
"The old park near Jefferson Road," I said.
"There's an ambulance and a police team on their way now."
"Thank you..." I whispered and then hung up.
I sprinted over to Belladonna and looked at her. She had violent slashes over her forearms and two bullet holes in her chest. Blood was flowing at an alarming rate down the slide. Her chest was covered in blood. I trembled. My mind turned to fuzz, I couldn't remember what to do in this situation. Her hands twitched slightly and I gasped, she was alive. Her eyes flickered slightly and relief washed over me.

Belladonna's P.O.V.

My eyes flickered as I heard heavy breathing and heavy footed steps nearby. Pain encased my body entirely and I was glad. It meant that I was dying. I could feel a tickling in my throat and I reflexively coughed. It was only a weak cough, but it was enough to bring up the blood from my throat and have it coat my face.
"Belle...please...don't die! Please! We need you here, if only you could see Mikey...he's a mess," I heard Gerard's voice plead.
I scowled slightly. I wanted to die! If they were really my friends they'd let me and be happy for me. I found that I was somewhat sad that Gerard had to see me die, I wanted to die alone. Less people to hurt but I was somewhat annoyed that I wasn't dead yet. I sighed and coughed again from the action. Blood trickled down my arms and I realised that's what I had to do. I had to get moving so that my heart rate would rise and the blood would go faster and I could die from blood loss. The only issue was that it hurt too much to move and I was weak. I guessed that I had already lost a lot of blood.

I pulled in raspy breaths of oxygen and I started to attempt to sit up.
"Hey, hey, hey! What do you think you're doing! Lie down! Don't move! Belle, stop!" Gerard's voice rose with his anxiety levels.
I flat out ignored him. I forced my tired muscles to move and support my weight. I tried to sit up but I only got halfway before the world swam before my eyes and darkness started to close in. The last thing I was consciously aware of was the sound of police and ambulance sirens coming closer.
I hate you Gerard...
♠ ♠ ♠
This update really wasn't much better than last time's update is it? Sorry about that.
Okay, this isn't really much of an update but this update is for Beccathecoolie because it's her birthday tomorrow so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!
Now go wish her happy birthday and make her happy XD

Okay, now do you guys remember me spazzing out about 5 stars? Well...I don't know what I've done to deserve you guys, but I've got SEVEN-FUCKING-STARS! I LOVE you guys!
A special thanks and Charlie The Unicorn(don't ask why, I don't know) goes to my commentors:
the ghost of you;
leviathan.
rivals are insane
Neo_Bear
trappedxinxreality
mistery gurl
Beccathecoolie
You guys are just...I don't know how to explain it. Thanks guys, you keep this story alive.

So...anyway, Gerard will now be making more of an appearance in the chapters to come XD Btw, yes, she did have to at the very least attempt suicide. This was one of three things that HAD to happen. You probably already know the second one, but hopefully the third is still a mystery to you. ^^)
Anyway, enjoy the update, catch you lot later.

Title Credit: Cubicles by My Chemical Romance.