Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

We'll Have To Make It On Our Own Face All The Pain And Take It On Because The Only Hope For Me Is Yo

Belladonna’s P.O.V.

I walked out of the hospital and sighed. I looked back at it with a strange longing. At least in the hospital my parents couldn’t get me. Here, on the other hand… I shook my head and headed off, my notepad and pen securely in my pocket with my face hidden under my hood. No use just standing here. I walked to the bus stop and climbed up.
“Where to young miss?” the old bus driver asked kindly.
Just to the corner of Mayne Street and Jefferson Road please.
“You take care ‘round there. Nasty place to be. Was a murder jus’ the other day ‘round there. Poor girl got shot too. Got herself landed in hospital, almos’ dead. They caught the killer though. Can’t remember his name…think it was somethin’ like Benjamin Allons. Wouldn’ surprise me. Benjamin’s a nasty piece of work. Been in jail more times than I’d care to remember. So you just stay safe young miss. Particularly at this time of night,” the bus driver said.
I nodded carefully to what he said. It was interesting to find out they’d caught the killer, I’m assuming my drawing helped them more than I thought it would. The bus driver continued to keep a friendly stream of chatter that didn’t need any reply from me so I relaxed back into my seat as he talked.

All too quickly, my stop came up and I was getting up.
“Now, as I said young miss, be careful ‘round here. Not a place you wanna get lost in. Or into trouble in. You be careful young miss. You got folks nearby?” he asked.
I nodded to reassure him and he looked out doubtfully.
“I tells you what, I’ll drop you off at your folks place. Young miss like you shouldn’t be hangin’ ‘round this part of Jersey. Where’s your folks place?” he asked.
I hesitated before sitting back down. Jersey at night scared me a little bit too.
Just go down the road and I’ll tell you when to stop.
“Sure thing. Makes me feel a ‘lil better to know you ain’t gonna be walkin’ ‘round Jersey like a fish in a sharks tank,” the bus driver said.
I settled back into my seat and watched the houses go past as the feeling in my stomach grew worse and worse with each block that passed.

Finally, after about 10 minutes Mikey and Gerard’s house turned up and my stomach was churning so bad with fear I knew that this place could be my sanctuary for a night. I lightly tapped the bus driver and he stopped 2 houses down from the Way’s home.
“This your folks?” he asked.
I nodded, lying, and his face eased into a smile.
“Well, take care. A word to the wise, don’t go wanderin’ about Jersey at night. Nasty stuff happens ‘round here. Anyway, ‘night young miss,” he said giving me a warm smile.
I smiled back, he was a nice guy.
Thanks for this. Jersey needs more people like you around.
He chuckled, slightly embarrassed.
“It ain’t nothin’. Just tryna keep young misses like yourself safe. Now off you run, off to your folks. I’m sure they’re mighty worried,” he said.
I smiled and nodded my thanks and stepped off the bus.

I walked to the Way’s front gate and opened it. The door opened just as I turned around from closing it and I looked up and saw Mikey in the doorway.
“Bells?” he asked confused.
I bit my lip and then nodded, standing near the gate. I wasn’t sure if it was okay for me to keep going or if I should just stand here.
“Well, come give me a hug!” he demanded, opening his arms.
I smiled and threw my bag away, running to meet my best friend. He ran to meet me and my arms went around his waist as his went around my upper torso. We hugged each other tightly, I hadn’t seen him in a couple of days due to his schoolwork swamping him.
“Mikes, who was it?” I heard Gerard ask from the door way.
I stood on my tip-toes and peeked over Mikey’s shoulder. Damn boy keeps growing way too fast.
“Belladonna?” he asked, surprised.
I nodded. He stood there for a moment and then came flying down to wrap both Mikey and I in a hug, sandwiching me between them.
“WAY SANDWICH!” Mikey and Gerard bellowed and immediately began squeezing me tightly.
I winced in pain slightly, but I didn’t mind that they were hurting me. I smiled widely as the boys laughed. I was choking and coughing and gagging for air, but it was all in good fun.

When they finally let me go I fell forwards from the loss of support and ended up hitting my head against Mikey’s chin. Mikey yelped, jerked back and tripped over his own feet causing him to go flying to the ground.
“You mathe me bithe mah tung!” Mikey whimpered.
Gerard burst into laughter and doubled over while I grinned at the boys’ goofiness.
“Boys! You’ve been out there for like 10 minutes! Who on Earth could it be?” I heard Donna ask from the house.
I looked up at the doorway and I watched as Donna and a girl appeared. The girl was shorter than Donna and she had a casual punk-emo style that really suited her. I know I’d seen her around the school a couple of times, I just couldn’t think of her name.
“Bella! What a lovely surprise!” Donna cried, delightedly.
She came down the steps and ran over to me. She wrapped her warm arms around me and we hugged each other. I felt warm salty tears come up in my eyes. I felt like I had…a family…and it was the best thing I’d ever felt. Donna pulled back and gave me a warm smile.
“Are you staying for dinner?” she asked.
Now came the hard part. I bit my lip and pulled out my notepad.
I was wondering if maybe…I could stay the night? Don’t worry, it’s only for tonight. But if you can’t have me then that’s okay too, I’ll just walk home.
“Nonsense, stay as long as you like sweetie. Who better to stay with than a nurse anyhow,” Donna said warmly.
I felt relief course through me and out of gratitude I hugged Donna tightly.
Thankyou Donna.
“Anytime honey, you’re like a daughter to me anyhow,” she said fondly.
I smiled widely.
“You staying?” Gerard asked, coming up behind me, obviously recovered from his laughing fit.
I nodded and he looked at me relieved. We both knew there was more to it than just plain relief of me not going home. It was that I was asking for help when I needed it.
“Awesome! And now you can meet Alicia!” Mikey declared, jumping forwards and gently pulling the unknown girl down from the doorway.
“Bells, this is Alicia. Alicia, this is my best friend Bells,” Mikey said, his eyes dancing between us hopefully and slightly anxiously.
That's when I realised who she was. She was the chick Mikey ended up talking about almost non-stop last time I'd seen him. It was borderline annoying and cute.
“Hi,” she said shyly.
Hey, Alicia. I’ve heard a lot about you. How’d you end up here with these dorks?
“Hey! That’s not very nice!” Mikey pouted as Alicia laughed.
“Mikey’s persistence really,” Alicia said.
Mikey, how many times have I told you stalking is illegal?
Alicia laughed as Mikey spluttered.
“I didn’t stalk her!” he cried.
Where does she live, what’s her number, what’s her full name and what’s her favourite colour?
“36 Harvey Place, 786-435-67, Alicia Simmons and green…fuck…” Mikey said, blushing as he realized he’d been caught out.
We all laughed at him as Donna reprimanded him for his use of language.
It’s great to be out of hospital. This is way better than the entertainment channel.
“I hate you all,” Mikey pouted.
“It’s okay Mikes, we’re just teasing,” Alicia said, pecking him on the cheek.
I watched as Mikey turned beet red and nudged Gerard. He snickered when he noticed and Mikey glared at him.
“Well, I think I had better go inside and check on dinner to make sure that it hasn’t burnt down the kitchen,” Donna said, walking inside.
We all looked at each other and then there was a mad rush to get to the door, which left me standing in the yard, blinking in surprise. I shook my head, grabbed my bag and walked inside.

The aroma of pasta hit me and I almost melted on the spot. It smelled good enough to live off.
“Are you getting high off my mom’s cooking?” Gerard asked, popping up beside me.
Have you ever had hospital food? Not even a dog would want to eat that! It’s worse than cafeteria food!
“Wow, really?” he asked.
I nodded solemnly.
“No wonder you’re getting high,” Gerard teased.
I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully. He gasped and gave me an incredulous look.
“You did not,” he said.
I so did.
“Okay, that’s it. I’m sorry, but you are gonna die now,” Gerard said.
I paused and looked at him. He looked at me and then he realized what he’d said.
“Fuck,” he muttered to himself and looked at me with unhappy eyes.
I sighed and looked at the ground.
“Sorry,” he murmured, walking up to me.
I fought to keep the grin off my face. He put his arm around my shoulders and I couldn’t hide my grin any longer. I quickly poked him in the ribs, his most ticklish spot and took off.
“Why you little shit!” he laughed as he tore after me.

I ran into the living room and vaulted over the couch, landing on Alicia’s lap.
She jumped and squeaked in surprise before giving me a what-the-fuck look. I just grinned cheesily in reply.
“Sorry Bells, but Alicia’s mine, so please stop crushing her,” Mikey said.
I pouted.
But I likey Alicia. I want her!
“I don’t care. Shove, love,” Mikey said.
I glanced up and I saw Gerard.
Meep! Nevermind!
I jumped up and Gerard came at me, with a sparkle in his eyes that I didn’t trust. I stepped back again and my back hit a wall. Fuck! The bastard cornered me! He grinned and my eyes darted around feverishly. I pleaded to Mikey and Alicia and they both laughed at me. Gerard stepped closer and then he was hit in the back of the head by something. He instinctively turned around and I darted off, away from him.
“Traitor!” he yelled jokingly at Mikey and pounced on me.
He came up short though and as I ran I turned back and stuck my tongue out.
Bad idea.

I ended up tripping over Mikey’s shoes and I flew face first into the ground. The room burst into laughter and I huffed. I got up onto all fours to get up, but then a weight plopped itself onto my back. I grunted and almost fell down again. I looked back to see Alicia sitting on my back with a contented smile.
“Pony!” she squealed.
I shook my head and glared at her.
‘Traitor!’ I mouthed at her.
She just grinned down at me.
“Giddy up!” She cried nudging me in the leg with her heels.
I narrowed my eyes at her and immediately collapsed onto the floor, throwing her off my back.
“Oomph! Bad pony!” she chided me playfully.
I narrowed my eyes jokingly at her and blew her a raspberry. I was about to get up again when Mikey came to sit on me.
“Get her now, Gee!” Mikey cried.
My eyes popped open and I began to try and get away but Mikey pinned me to the floor. I was suddenly poked in all of my ticklish spots. I began to buck and squirm and writhe under Mikey, until I kicked him somewhere I didn’t mean to and he fell off moaning and groaning. However, this only provided a momentary relief. Gerard just replaced him in the pinning of me down. Only the difference was that Mikey was sitting on me cross legged, Gerard was straddling me. I blushed as I remembered the day at the hospital before I put that out of my mind. He continued to tickle me and I thrashed, bucked, squirmed and twisted underneath him as I tried to get away. Laughs were bubbling up inside my throat and tears of laughter were streaming down my face.
“Ahem! Please keep all sexual behavior for when your mother is not in the house,” I heard Donna say with restrained laughter in her voice.
Gerard immediately stopped tickling me and we both looked at her mortified. I realized how it must look to them. Our faces were red and sweaty, Gerard was straddling me, our breaths uneven and clothes rumpled. My face flushed even redder as did Gerard’s.
“We weren’t!” Gerard protested.
I looked at Mikey and Alicia and their faces had gone red and their shoulders were shaking as they tried to hold in their laughter.
“Sure you weren’t. Anyway, you guys are both teens, it’s to be expected. Dinner’s ready,” she said and then turned away.
My mouth gaped open like a fish's and then laughter filled the house, again.

After dinner Donna said we had to work out sleeping arrangements. Oops, I’d forgotten about that.
“Okay, so as you guys know, we don’t exactly have a spare bedroom so I was thinking either you girls could sleep in Mikey’s room while the boys slept in Gerard’s room. Or I can trust you in each others rooms. And you can just not tell your parents about it,” Donna said, looking at Alicia and I with an impish look.
I grinned, Donna was the best mom there ever was.
“Can’t we all just crash in Mikey’s room? I don’t know about Bells, but I’m not part-taking in any…sexual activities,” Alicia said.
Mikey blushed a bright shade of red and he looked at the ground.
“Who’s to bet it’s ‘cause he has a performance problem?” Gerard whispered in my ear.
I snickered with Gerard and then swallowed it at Donna’s suspicious look.
If Mikey and Gerard are looking for an orgy, they’re just gonna have to go downstairs and have a gay, incestual one by themselves.
Alicia burst out laughing as Donna’s face screwed up and Gerard and Mikey spluttered out various ‘ew's’ and ‘gross's’ etc.
“I like you Bells,” Alicia said, grinning at me.
I like you too Alicia. Care to join me in ganging up on the boys?
A mischievous sparkle came into her eyes.
“I’d love to,” she said.
Donna looked between us and then at her sons.
“Dear God, what have I done?” she asked.
Alicia and I just laughed sinisterly.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GEE! OH MY GEE! OH MY GEE! *hyperventilates*
What am I oh my Gee-ing about?(hehe oh my Gee ;) immature at heart it will always be for me...) I am 'Oh my Gee-ing' about THIS fucking MASTERPIECE!!!!
Thanks goes to superkitkat for showing me this!

Am I the only one who thinks Gee, Mikey, Torosaur and Frankie kicking ass with guns and awesome martial artsy looking moves is totally hot? Fuck, I love these guys...I can't believe the kid was captured!!! D: Oh well, The Killjoys will come to his aid ^-^ I love that kid, he's so CUTE! In a little kid way, not in a creepy pedophile way.
And did you guys know that you can pre-order Danger Days on itunes?(Clicky on the link and it'll take you to the itunes page)
If any of my readers are from Germany, there's a little 'secret show' going on in Munich? More info here
Also, Halloween dress up-ers. You might wanna check this out Killjoy Halloween Costume Contest IMO, prize is worth it.
And to those lucky European people going to see MCR, check this out; MCR European Tour Reporters. I wish I was in Europe right now...I'd so sign up for this...imagine actually meeting MCR...

Fuck guys, it's been ages and I'm so sorry about that. I was going to update on Saturday and then my mum had to be all gay and be like 'nooo I have stuff to do, you can't touch the internet!' and this is the first time I've been able to use the internet in awhile. Sorry that it's only one chapter, I have another one written up in writing. I think you guys'll like the next one ^-^

And all my readers and commentors and subscribers, I forgot to mention this in the last A/N so here we go.
I FUCKING LOVE YOU! YOU ARE ALL FUCKING SUPERSTARS! YOU ROCK MY SOCKS! This story, has made 10-FUCKING STARS! And I couldn't have done it without you guys...Thanks :) This is the first story that I've really committed to and it makes me feel so happy and light and fluttery etc etc inside to know that people like this story enough to send it up to 10 stars. So you guys, all give yourselves a clap on the back or a bear hug or bake yourselves a cake for me and your fellow commentors and readers and subscribers because without them this story would be stuck where it was before. I love you guys so very much. I went completely speechless when I saw I had 10-stars. I couldn't speak for another 15-20 minutes or so, and Sheakie can vouch for me on this.

Now time to thank my amazing commentors who continually encourage me to write chapter after chapter after chapter. Who knew one comment could make all the difference? Anyway, you guys, I'm running out of ideas of what to give you so think of what you want most (i.e. pet dragon) and that's what you get.
rivals are insane
Beccathecoolie
elisegeree
superkitcat

I completed my RSA(Responsible Service of Alcohol) the other day, so now I can work for my parents in their bar and on my first day of official work I am not allowed to wear anything besides a dress and make up. For those that don't know, I VERY rarely wear dresses and make up. I find the idea of having to wear a dress to serve people in a bar offensive considering everyone will be getting drunk and I really don't want to be hit on. I think I only have about 3. 2 black ones and one white one. I had a couple more but I lost them and one's literally a shirt on me now. Hmmm...maybe I could like burn them or something...
See I don't like dresses because (if you've read my page or Breaking The Habit you'll have already known this) dresses don't cover a lot of skin...and I'm an ex-cutter in training.... Plus, dresses only emphasize if you have a stomach or not and yes I do have a stomach. I'm not a stick-thin surf girl model like my friend's mother was. Plus, dresses are rape material. All they have to do is fling the skirt up and...well, you get the idea. And couple that with an incredibly low self-esteem. Get my dilemma? I may seem like I'm whingeing about nothing, but for me this is big. Hehe...that's what he said...^-^
Fuck dresses, fuck skirts, fuck working in bars, fuck drunks.

I am writing waaay too much bbcode on Mibba. I type in word and notepad and in my books like that now too >.< I'll just be writing something for class and the teacher will have emphasised it by, say, italicising it and I will write it as bbcode instead of normal italics.
Anyway, sorry for the long authors note. Enjoy!
Title credit: The Only Hope For Me Is You by My Chemical Romance.
P.S. LISTEN TO IT! It's amazing...aaaaaaaaaannd one of their new songs XD