Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

If We Were All Like You In The End, Oh, We'd Be Killing Ourselves By Sleeping In, So Hit The Lights

Belladonna's P.O.V.

"So what's it gonna be Mikey?" Alicia asked innocently.
Mikey groaned, the boys had learned to never play Truth or Dare with Alicia and I. I had learned that Alicia was just as evil as I was, and we made an excellent team against the guys.
Gerard was currently pantless(he had a very sexy pair of Superman boxers on though) with silky smooth, waxed legs. He had a ribbon around his neck that had I am Belladonna's pet. If lost, please return written on it, and he had to wear it whenever we were out, plus he had something like 5 tubs of glitter in his hair, it hurt to look at him. Gerard had also been dared to come into the school tomorrow dolled up as a chick.
Mikey, on the other hand, had peanut butter on his face, and his hair was in pickle curlers. Mikey had a set of my underwear on(we thought it was too early for him to be seeing Alicia's underwear), with the bra cups stuffed with tissues and he had to wear it to school tomorrow.
"Truth," Mikey grunted.
"Do you still like us?" Alicia asked in a sickly, honey-sweet voice.
"No I don't! You're both evil!" he moaned.
Alicia and I grinned at each other and I raised an eyebrow and she nodded almost imperceptively.
Well guys, this has been fun but I'm knackered now.
"Wait, Bells, I have a truth for you..." Mikey said somewhat hesitantly.
I nodded, accepting his truth.
"Why did you write that note in the music room?" he asked softly.
I gulped, that was something I'd hoped to forget.
I was scared. I was scared that you were only being my friend for the sake of the presentation and it hurt me to think of that so I thought if I pushed you away it would hurt less. It just ended up hurting everyone more though... I'm sorry... Just so you know, I was never pretending to be your friend. I was genuine about that.
"You're so stupid sometimes Bells, you really are," Mikey said, shaking his head.
I shrugged and looked at the ground, ashamed. Mikey's arms engulfed me in a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around him gratefully.
"When will you believe that you are an awesome person, and that people hand out with you because they actually like you as a person?" Mikey asked.
Probably never, but don't get your hopes up for so soon.
Mikey sighed and ruffled my hair.
"Goose," he said.
I gave him a wry grin and he gave me a half-laugh.
Okay guys, Mikey and either Alicia or I get the bed. To be fair, I think we should Scissors-Paper-Rock it out.
"Why don't I get a shot at the bed?" Gerard asked.
You're a guy.
"Sounds fair to me," Alicia laughed as Gerard grumbled.
"Why can't I choose?" Mikey asked.
Do you really want to choose between a best friend and a potential girlfriend? Besides, you wouldn't be able to choose because you'd worry too much about offending the other person.
"Point taken," Mikey conceeded.
I nodded and turned back to Alicia.
"Okay, scis-sors, pa-per, rock!" she chanted and we both shook our hands in time.
I chose paper, she chose scissors.
"I win!" she declared and I fake-sniffed.
I didn't want to sleep with Mikey anyway, I have a Gerard instead. Besides, who knows what he does on that bed...
With that I promptly sat myself down on a laughing Gerard's lap as Alicia cast a suspicious look at Mikey's bed while he spluttered and flushed bright red. Gerard's arms loosely went around my waist and I was taken by surprise at the tingly, fluttery feeling in my stomach. I suddenly became hyper-aware of Gerard and my heart immediately skipped a beat as I felt his warm breath float over my shoulders and the electricity tingling my skin wherever we touched. My face started to heat up and I felt a certain tingle of nervousness enter my body.
I suddenly jumped up, knocking Gerard's arms away by accident and tripped over, almost falling to the floor. Mikey looked at me curiously, I was normally really co-ordinated.
Guys, I'm just gonna get changed into my pj's now, so I'll see you in a bit and yeah...
"Alright...hey Bells, you okay?" Mikey asked.
My heart was racing, I almost had enough butterflies in my stomach to have lift off and fly away and I could still feel tingles where Gerard had been touching me...
Yep. Perfectly fine. Never been better. Why?
Mikey blinked and looked at me strangely.
"No reason," he murmured.
I nodded and then turned on my heel and quickly walked out of the room.
Fuck my life.

I walked into the bathroom and pulled out a long sleeved shirt before looking up at the mirror. I made a small start in surprise at my reflection and my hands flew to my head in shock. I'd had my hood off all night and it hadn't bothered me, at all. Alicia didn't mention anything about my scars on my face either. It was the strangest feeling, it was a feeling and emotion I'd never felt before. It was like...I didn't care that my hood was down around these guys, I trusted them and it was like I was...accepted, like I belonged. Tears moistened my eyes and I felt an overwhelming bubble of happiness rise up in my chest. I wanted to dance, I wanted to sing, I wanted to climb up onto the roof and jump and fly away...I was accepted as I was.
Before I even registered what I was doing I flew out of the bathroom and ran into Mikey's bedroom, the door banging on the wall as it flew open and I launched myself at a startled Alicia and tackled her in a bear hug. She screamed as we fell to the floor. I let go of her and then pulled Mikey into a tight hug.
"Um...Bells? Are you okay? What's this all about?" Mikey asked worriedly, hugging me back nonetheless.
I pulled away and smiled widely. I gestured wildly to my hood-less head and to the scars on my face then at Alicia and he stared at me like I'd grown another head.
"And I don't get a hug?" Gerard asked, faking hurt.
I laughed and tackled him in a hug as well.
"Well, that was a more enthusiastic reply than what I was expecting," Gerard commented when I let go.
Thank you guys! I love you all! Mikey! Alicia didn't look at me weirdly! And, and I didn't have my hood on all night!
Mikey smiled at me like a proud parent.
"I know. I didn't want to say anything about it because you looked so happy and care-free," Mikey said.
"Why would I look at you weirdly?" Alicia asked.
I looked at her strangely and traced my finger along the large, vivid scars on my face.
"So? What's appearances got to do with anything? You're an awesome person, scars or not," Alicia said.
I gave her another hug in reply.
"Believe me yet?" Mikey asked.
I shrugged but kept a smile on my face.
"So, you gonna stay here smiling like an idiot or you gonna get changed. 'Cause I gotta get changed too and I'm not changing here. I'd get raped," Alicia said in a matter-of-fact tone.
I almost laughed as Mikey flushed crimson.
Give me 5 minutes.

Five minutes later I walked back dressed in a casual long sleeved shirt and a pair of track pants. I quicklydumped my stuff and I saw that an air mattress had been blown up on the floor for Gerard and I. At the thought of sleeping with Gerard my heart fluttered and the butterflies came back full force.
"Awesome, I can get changed now," Alicia said, standing up from Mikey's lap.
She grabbed her stuff and walked out, but not before I saw her wink at Mikey. I frowned confused and a feeling of paranoia crept up on me.
"Bells, can you please grab a cup of cordial for me?" Mikey pleaded.
You've got arms and legs.
"No, they're painted. They're just for decoration. Pleeeeeeaaase?" Mikey whined.
I sighed and turned around to go grab him a drink. I could get one myself while I was down there anyway...and I could prank him as well.
"Thank you!" he said happily as I walked out.
I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a cup and vinegar and cordial. I glanced up at the stairs and gave an evil grin. I poured vinegar in to the halfway mark before pouring in just enough cordial to mask its' scent and then diluting it with a small amount of water. I set the cup on the bench and packed away the vinegar and cordial. Mikey hated vinegar with a passion.
"What are you doing down here?" I heard Gerard ask.
I turned suddenly to see him looking at me curiously.
Getting Mikey a cup of cordial.
"Why isn't he getting it himself?" Gerard asked, walking closer to me.
Because he's a lazy shit.
Gerard chuckled and I took the chance to quickly check him out. Hey, I'm allowed to look.
What are you doing down here?
"Oh...well...um...Alicia and Mikey sent me down to give you a message and because I...was...given a dare," Gerard said, slightly nervously.
I looked at him curiously, waiting for the message.
"Alicia wants you to go to school without a hood on tomorrow. She's not daring you, I guess Mikey told her about your fear, but she wants you to," Gerard said in a tone that clearly said that he thought she was bonkers for trying to get me to keep my hood off.
Okay...and what was the dare?
"You're going to do it?" Gerard asked in disbelief.
I hesitated. I wasn't sure. It scared me, walking in there with no hood, but if I was with the guys it'd be okay.
I...I'm not sure. Maybe...probably not. But maybe... I just don't know.
"Holy fuck, I certainly was not expecting that," Gerard said, walking over and standing in front of me.
I shifted nervously under his gaze and blushed bright red. My heart was pounding and the butterflies combined with the nervousness were making me start to shake.
What was the dare?
I was looking at the ground which was why I didn't see what was coming sooner. His hands tilted my face up so that I was looking at him and before I could say anything his mouth was gently pressed against my own.

I was taken completely by surprise and reflexively jerked back. Gerard pulled back and I looked at him with a deer in the headlights expression on my face. I felt my guts churn with fear and I suddenly felt confused. Two sides of me were ripping me apart. One side of me wanted to pull his head down and kiss him some more, while the other was screaming at me to run away. Gerard's eyes were looking right into me and I guess he could see the fear in them because his eyes moved away from mine, to the floor. My heart sank as I saw the hurt he was trying to hide on his face.
"Well, now that I've made a complete ass of myself, I'll see you later," he muttered.
My heart sank lower as he turned away and walked back up the stairs. I sat back against the cupboards and sank to the floor. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them as tears slid down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm ba-ack! Didja miss me? XD
Anyway, I hope this was a satisfactory return chapter. She and Gee finally kissed! I've been waiting to write this one ^-^
Anyway guys, I'm really sorry for the delay of this chapter, but I just couldn't work on this story with all the shit that was going on. But I'm finally out of school for 8 weeks so that lowers half of the stressload so I can seriously get to work on this. I am hoping to complete this story and get started on the sequel before going back to school next year.

To all my readers and subscribers and commentors, thank you for sticking with me and this story. You guys are amazing. Thank you to my commentors for keeping this alive. You guys are what made me finally come back. Thank you:
Alexabortion
rivals are insane
Beccathecoolie
Neo_Bear
elisegeree
saige-
mistery gurl
AngelFake
Kelso; killjoy
the ghost of you;
You guys, you're all just fuckin' amazing.

Anyway guys, enjoy the update, I've gotta go, caught sight of a few BLI personnel wandering around that need exterminating.

Title Credit: Party Poison by My Chemical Romance