Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

You're Running After Something That You'll Never Kill, If This Is What You Want Then Fire At Will

Belladonna's P.O.V.

As soon as I told Alicia about Gerard asking me out she insisted that I go over to hers so she could dress me up for it. I knew I could count on her. Alicia was quickly becoming one of my closest friends. On Friday we walked into her house and when I entered I was struck by the cleanliness of it. Everything was so neat and tidy.
"Alicia, honey, is that you?" a voice called out.
"Yeah, Mom! I brought a friend home, she's staying the night," Alicia called back.
"Let me meet her!" Alicia's mom called back.
Alicia sighed and gave me a long-suffering look, but I could see that she really did love her mom. A short woman came out of seemingly nowhere with a big cheerful smile on her face.
"Hey there, I'm Alicia's Mom, Sandra. I'm glad to see Alicia's finally bringing home a girl friend. She's always stuck around boys and I'm half afraid that one day she's gonna grow a dick," Sandra laughed.
I looked at her for a moment surprised that she'd talk that way and looked at Alicia for help, but Alicia was grinning and laughing as well.
I'm Belladonna. I'm not sure if I will be much of a positive female influence because I'm pretty much the same.
Sandra laughed and then sighed lightly.
"Whatever will we do with the youths of today?" she asked the ceiling.
"Throw 'em in jail. Hey mom, I'm thinking of getting another tattoo, is that cool?" Alicia asked.
"Sure hon...in fact, I might get one as well. Try and keep myself young inside," Sandra mused.
"Awesome. Mom? Can I ask your opinion?" Alicia asked.
Sandra nodded patiently.
"See, Bells has a date tonight--" Alicia was abruptly cut off by her mother squealing happily.
I looked at Alicia uncertainly and Alicia sighed.
"What's his name? How old is he? Is he cute? What's he like?" Sandra asked, her eyes shining with delight.
Holy crap, Alicia's mother was a teenager stuck in a woman's body.
"His name is Gerard, he's Mikey's brother. You'll probably see him tonight, now onto the important stuff, please?" Alicia pleaded.
"You never let me have any fun, but okay. What is it Alicia?" Sandra asked.
"As I was saying, Gerard's taking her on a date. Bells has never been on a date before and I'm not sure what to give her to wear. Like what colours and stuff," Alicia said.
Sandra looked at me scrutinisingly and then walked around me, playing with my hair, inspecting my skin and all this weird stuff before stepping back.
"Put her in purple. Dress her up nice but not too nice. Curl her hair, paint her nails, and flats. None of this old gym boot converse crap," Sandra said.
I looked down self consciously at my converse and then noticed that Sandra was wearing converse as well. I frowned confused and looked up. Sandra winked at me and I smiled tentatively.
"Just 'cause I call it crap doesn't mean I don't think it's amazing," she laughed.
"Thanks Mom, we'll be up in my room," Alicia said, pulling me away from her mom and upstairs to her room.

The moment I entered her room I had various clothing articles thrown at me.
"Try this, this and this," Alicia ordered.
I obediently changed into the clothes and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to me and then scrunched up her nose.
"Nope, have to find something else," she said.
This was repeated for two hours. All the while we chatted and talked about various things. Alicia told me about her life before meeting the guys, told me about her parents, pets, everything. Finally, Alicia decided that she liked this clothing combination she had made and pushed me into her bathroom.
"Shower, get changed into these clothes and then come out and see me. No buts," Alicia ordered.
I sighed and nodded. I quickly showered, shaved my legs and armpits and washed my hair. I dried myself off and then grabbed the clothes and put them on. Alicia had given me a a purple dress that had a black layer of some kind of fabric over it and a purple satin waist sash thing. It was really pretty actually, but I was worried about it. Gerard said to dress casual and this didn't seem very casual.

I stepped out of the bathroom and Alicia looked up from a magazine on her bed. Her eyes widened and a gleam entered them. I looked at her hesitantly.
"I demand you keep that dress. It looks like rubbish on me anyway. But you have to wear that, you look stunning!" Alicia declared.
I shook my head vehemently.
I appreciate your generosity but I can't keep this. And Gerard said to dress casual, I'm pretty sure wearing a dress like this isn't casual.
"I don't care what Gerard said! You're wearing that. It'll be casual enough with the right accessories. And you're keeping the dress. No arguments," Alicia said, digging through several drawers.
I shifted uncomfortably in the dress. It felt weird. I felt naked. I could feel my hair tickling my shoulders and my arms and it felt strange. Even stranger was the fabric-y feel of the bottom of the dress on my thighs.
"AHA! Come here you!" Alicia grunted, pulling at something.
It popped out of the drawer and Alicia stumbled back slightly.
"Here's a pair of gloves. Put them on while I search for the right shoes," Alicia said.
She was really excited for my date and was very eager to dress me up. It felt...nice...to have someone fuss over me and squeal about this stuff with me. I pulled the gloves on and they rolled up to my elbows, covering all the marks there. Thankfully, most of the bruises on my upper arms had faded so that I could pull them off as old marks from injuries as a kid.
I looked back at Alicia and she emerging from the darkness of her wardrobe.
"Found them!" she grinned and tossed me a pair of flats.
I looked at them skeptically and slipped them on. They were a bit on the small side, but I figured I'd be able to deal with it for a night.
"Okay, time for make up and hair. Bells, close your eyes and trust me. Don't open your eyes until I tell you to," Alicia said.
I sighed and nodded, closing my eyes.

God knows how much longer and Alicia was finally done poking, prodding, pulling at me and burning my hair.
"Honey, you look stunning, you're going to completely blow him away. You just need a necklace or something, your neck is too bare. Shame you don't have your ears pierced, I have some really cute earrings that would suit you," Alicia said proudly.
I felt the coolness of the necklace against my skin and Alicia clipped it up and then moved away.
"You're done. You look amazing. You can open your eyes now," Alicia said.
I opened my eyes and waited a moment to let them focus. Alicia was standing in front of me and she had tears in her eyes.
What's wrong?
"Nothing! Don't worry, these are happy tears! I'm just so glad that I finally got to be able to do this for someone and I'm so glad it's you and you're my best friend and I'm just so happy and excited! You look so pretty..." Alicia cried.
I stepped over to her and gave her a hug. She hugged me back and laughed sheepishly.
"Sorry about getting so emotional, it's just...well...you understand don't you?" she asked.
I nodded, and I did understand. I understood perfectly because I was like that with the guys.
I understand perfectly. And Alii? Thank you for everything. You're amazing.
"Happy to help. Now go look at yourself! I want to see your reaction!" Alicia pestered.
I smiled and walked into the bathroom.
My eyes shot open in surprise and my mouth dropped open slightly. Alicia had curled my hair and pinned a bit of the side back with a pretty purple hair clip. She had also done all my make up in purple, I had my eyes outlined with purple sparkly liquid liner, done a hint of purple eyeshadow over my eyes and put on sparkly purple mascara. It brought all the attention to my eyes which actually looked pretty. Plus she had put a hint of shimmery purple lipstick on my lips. Normally, I didn't like people all done up with the same colour everywhere, but Alicia did it so magnificently I didn't mind it. I stepped closer to the mirror and then gasped. My eyes filled with tears and my hand came up to my mouth.
"What? You don't like it?" Alicia fretted slightly.
I ran my fingers over my face feeling the smoothness of my skin without any flaws and then turned to Alicia and gave her a bear hug. A single tear escaped before I could force it back.
I pulled away and Alicia looked at me panicked.
You got rid of my scars...you made them disappear...Alii...thank you!
Alicia smiled at me and gave me another hug, laughing gratefully.
"Oh, I thought you didn't like it. Had me worried for a sec there. I didn't get rid of them per say, I just...hid them. My mom has this stuff that's meant to like hide scars and stuff and I tried it and it worked," Alicia explained.
Thank you! Thankyou! Thank you so so much! I love you! You're my new bestest friend forever!
Alicia laughed delightedly and then mock glared at me, pointing her finger at me accusingly.
"Now Bells, you have to stop crying or else you'll mess up that make up of yours and then it'll be a disaster," Alicia said.
I nodded sheepishly and carefully wiped the tear away.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Alicia and I turned to each other. Butterflies immediately swamped my stomach and an automatic smile graced my lips at the thought of seeing Gerard. Alicia grabbed my hands and squealed excitedly. It was at that moment that I noticed she'd also painted my nails a sparkly purple as well. I grinned and Alicia shoved a small black bag in my hands.
"Go! Go! Go! Your stud is waiting for you! And remember! No sex on the first date!" Alicia called after me as we scrambled down the stairs.
My face flushed bright red and I shoved Alicia lightly. She laughed and shoved me back lightly. I grinned and ran to where Sandra was waiting at the door. Sandra looked at me and wolf whistled.
"Damn girl, you scrub up nice. And so does your little boy toy," she whispered the last part in my ear.
My face flushed even redder and I looked at my feet in mortification. Sandra and Alicia laughed before Sandra opened the door to let me through.
"Okay Gerard! She is to be back by eleven pm. That gives you four hours. Plenty of time for whatever it is you have planned. Please don't make me have to bring out the shot gun,": Sandra said with a pleasant tone and smile.
Alicia's face peeped through and she grinned at us.
"And Gerard?" she asked.
He turned to her expectantly.
"No glove, no love!" she squealed, before running off, out of reach of my hits.
Both mine and Gerard's faces turned red with embarrassment.
"Uh, yeah, thanks for the tip," he muttered.
"Okay, so, you guys be good and have fun," Sandra said with a smile.
She turned away, shoved Alicia inside and then closed the door.

Sorry about them, I had no idea they'd do that.
"It's okay, they're just...caring..." he said.
I snorted and he grinned lopsidedly before giving me a hug.
"You look absolutely gorgeous," he murmured in my ear.
I blushed and smiled happily as my heart skipped a beat.
Thank you. You look pretty damn fine yourself.
And he did, he looked amazing even though it was a simple outfit. He had a black leather jacket on over a plain black tee and he was wearing black jeans and had a scarf around his neck.
"Trust me, you're the belle of this ball," he said softly, his mouth close to my ear.
I gave him a smile and kissed his cheek.
"Shall we?" Gerard asked, gesturing to his car, waiting in the driveway.
I nodded happily and we both turned away. Gerard's hand slipped into my own and my smile grew as our fingers interlaced with each others. I just knew that this would be the best night of my life. I heard the door open behind me and reflexively I turned back to look and was blinded by a flash. When I could see again I could see Alicia grinning from behind a camera.
"Just had to get a photograph of you two on your first date!" Alicia squealed happily.
I laughed and shook my head. Gerard gave her a cheeky look and pulled me close, wrapping his arms around my waist. I felt his breath on my neck and it sent shivers down my spine.
"Just tilt your head back on my shoulder," Gerard mumured softly.
I obediently did so and then another flash set off.
"You look like a vampire who's about to bite his human sacrifice," Alicia mused.
"I'd never bite Belle, she's too pretty for that," Gerard called back.
"Whatever, can you set her up properly. I want to get a shot of you two hugging or something," Alicia said.
I stood upright, but as soon as I had Gerard literally swept me off my feet and held me in a bridal style way. My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around Gerard's neck and we both smiled at the camera. Alicia smiled and took another picture. Gerard dropped me down gently and then turned to me and looked at me seriously. He placed his hand on my cheek lightly and Alicia scoffed to herself something about how we were going to start making out in her front yard but I ignored her. Gerard's eyes were holding my own with an intensity that took my breath away. His face came close to mine and I could feel his breath on my lips.
"No, I am your father," Gerard said in a deep, grave voice.
I burst out into laughter and Gerard soon joined me.
"What? What'd I miss?" Alicia asked.
I just shook my head as I giggled.
"Well at least I got several shots of you guys, you may go now," Alicia said, turning away.
"So, you ready to head off?" Gerard asked.
I nodded eagerly. Gerard grinned widely at me.
"Well let's get this show on the road then."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, originally the date was going to be one chapter, but it'd end up being like MASSIVE so I'm writing it up in 2 parts.
Belladonna's Date Outfit
Gerard's Date Outfit
Wish me luck guys! I have a drama performance to do tomorrow, my first one outside school. I'm pretty nervous because we had to change the script completely a couple of weeks ago so my new lines are kinda sketchy.

Thanks and love and I feel like a slushie so slushie's go out to:
Car.Crash.Hearts
rivals are insane
Beccathecookie
Live Lithium
elisegeree
starry nights.
mistery gurl
saige -
tykerommcr
NANANAIssues

Yeah, um, I really don't have much to say here. Oh, the next chapter is going to be kinda mushy. I'm just writing a couple of happy, mushy chapters because I feel like it and I also think Bells needs a break for a couple of chapters.

Title credit: Thank You For The Venom by My Chemical Romance.