Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

What Did I Say To Put The Sister To Sleep? And Fall Awake And Die And I'm Never Goin' To Sleep

Gerard's P.O.V.

I checked my watch, it was just past eleven pm. Yep, I was going to get a hole blown through my head by Alicia's mom. I didn't care though, I wouldn't give up this time with Belladonna for anything. It was getting really close to the third and final part of the date. I looked down at Belladonna who was cradled gently in my arms. She looked so beautiful and peaceful in the moonlight. It shined off her soft, blonde hair making it gleam gold and silver. Her pale skin was illuminated so that she looked almost elvish, the most beautiful of the supernatural creatures. I gently ran my fingers through her hair and she looked up at me. Her eyes were shining bright with an internal light and they were the softest, happiest shade of blue I'd ever seen.
"Belle, it's time for the third part of the date," I said softly.
Surprise entered her eyes.
How can this night get any better?
I smiled happily at that. I felt relieved that she was enjoying herself and I felt proud that I was able to make her happy.
"Just you wait," I replied.
She shook her head with a small smile on her face and she stood up, off me. I was so used to having her in my arms it felt weird to have her out of them. I just wanted to hold her forever and protect her from the world and its' evil. She was too good, to pure to be in the hell she was in.
I stood up, next to her and together we quickly packed up the picnic and the blanket. To be honest, I was really scared about bringing her here. I was worried she wouldn't like it, that maybe it was too corny or too mushy for her taste, so I was glad when she said that she was enjoying herself. I took the basket and blanket from her hands and placed them in the boot of the car before opening her door for her and holding out a hand for her. She laughed quietly and gave me a wide smile.
What's with all this chivalry?
"All the best for you my fair maiden," I answered, smiling.
After helping her in, I went round to my side and started the car and started to drive to our next destination.

About half an hour later we were there.
Gerard?
"Yes?" I asked, switching the engine off.
I don't have anything to change into.
I looked over at her and smiled.
"You don't need to, you look perfect the way you are," I replied.
A small blush tinted her cheeks and my smile widened.
I need to change. I can't get Alicia's dress ruined.
"Who cares? I'll pay for it to get fixed," I said dismissively.
I wanted her to be happy and not worry about menial things like clothes. Fakes worried about clothes. Sluts worried about clothes. Prom Queens worried about clothes. Not people like Bells. Granted, she was worried about it because it wasn't her dress, but still. I just wanted her to let go and enjoy herself.
You will not. Eh, fuck it.
I grinned and squeezed her hand.
"That's the spirit!" I encouraged.
We both hopped out of the car and I watched her pause and internally debate over something before she took off her shoes and tossed them back into the car.
Much better. I hate those shoes. They're too small.
"So why are you wearing them?" I asked, confused.
Alicia gave them to me and they went with the dress.
I shook my head in amazement, I will never understand why girls felt the need to wear stuff that didn't fit just to look good.
"Okay then. So you're barefoot now?" I asked, slightly concerned.
Well obviously.
I nodded and then walked over to her.
What are you doing?
I promptly swept her up into my arms so that I was carrying her. Her arms quickly latched themselves around my neck and she giggled quietly.
"There, now your pretty little feet won't get cut on anything," I said, kissing her on the cheek.
You're so sweet, Gee. Thank you.
I blushed slightly and shrugged.
"My pleasure," I said, starting to walk towards the beach I'd brought Belladonna to.

I set Belladonna down gently on the sand and put my hands on her hips as I stood behind her. She gasped lightly and I bit my lip excitedly.
Gerard! It's so beautiful...
"Not as beautiful as you though," I murmured quietly in her ear.
She ducked her head slightly and I smiled. I stepped closer to her and wrapped her in my arms. Her hands rested over my arms and I rested my chin on her shoulder.
"I don't ever get to go to the beach, Mikey hates water. Plus I don't really like the sun much anyway. But I actually really like beaches, so I'm really happy to actually bring you here tonight," I murmured, slightly rambling.
I'm glad you did. I've never been to a beach, and it's absolutely magical here.
"How on Earth could you have not been to a beach?" I asked, surprised.
I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, but I thought everyone had been to a beach. I tilted my head to the side on her shoulder and looked up at her. She looked down at me and smiled. She brushed a few stray locks of hair away from my face and left her hand on my face for a moment before moving it away. Her touch was as soft as silk and left a trail of tingles in its wake.
Did you really expect me to be able to do something fun with my parents? We don't have a car and the closest beach is too far for me to walk to.
Fuck, I'd forgotten about her cocksucking parents. My hands reflexively started to form fists and I huffed angrily.
"I fuckin' hate those fuckers," I seethed.
So do I Gee, but please, don't let them ruin this night. I'm enjoying myself far too much to let them fuck up another piece of my life.
I sighed and nodded.
"Sorry," I murmured, kissing her on the cheek.
Don't be. It's understandable.
I looked out at the ocean and then at Belladonna.
"Wanna go swimming?" I asked.
She looked like she was about to say yes then she looked at the dress.
But, Gee, I don't want to get Alicia's dress ruined...
"Please, stop worrying about the dress. I'm sure Alicia won't mind and if she does I'll say I chucked you in or something," I pleaded.
She looked at me, the dress and then the ocean before looking back at me. A smile grew on her face and she unzipped my jacket before sliding it off her shoulders. Damn, only she could look that sexy performing such a simple action.
Well, what are we waiting for?

Belladonna's P.O.V.

Gerard's face split into a crooked smile that I had come to love and he kicked off his shoes and socks.
"That's more like it!" he cheered.
I twisted my fingers with his and together we ran eagerly at the water. I relished in the feeling of the sand in between my toes and the feel of the water lapping against my legs. The smell of the salt air filled my nose and the soft breeze brushed against my face. But then Gerard decided to ruin the moment by splashing water at me. I gave him a 'oh-no-you-didn't' look and he just grinned in reply. I promptly cupped some water and splashed it at him.
"Oh! Bring. It. On!" he declared before splashing me.
I laughed and splashed him back before sticking out my tongue and running off. Well, attempting to anyway. It's hard to run in water. Gerard quickly caught up to me and he grabbed me around the waist and laughing, he picked me up. I squirmed in his arms, expecting something to happen to me. Gerard laughed and gently kissed my neck. I shivered in his arms and I felt him begin to walk. I looked at him warily and he grinned back cheekily. He stopped moving and his grin widened. Suddenly he dropped me into the cold water.

The cold water submerged me up to my waist. I emitted a tiny squeak and flapped my arms as the cold water shocked me. Gerard roared with laughter and I narrowed my eyes at him. Bastard! Gerard bent over slightly, and I saw that as the perfect opportunity to get him. I leapt at him and barrelled into him, sending him flying backwards into the water. I giggled as he stood up, gasping and shaking the water from his hair.
I gave him a smug smile and he narrowed his eyes at me while trying to keep back a smile.
"You are so going to get it now," he threatened.
I grinned and splashed him in the face. He coughed out water and wiped it from his eyes. He lunged at me, but I pushed myself back further into the water so that he just missed me and face planted in the water. I giggled and stepped back further in the water. The water began to lap at the bottom of my ribs, but I didn't care. The moon was full overhead and the sky was lit up with stars, Gerard and I were having a ball!

Gerard stood up and looked at me calculatingly before he smiled wickedly and submerged himself. I stood there frozen, what the hell was he going to do. There weren't any bubbles to signify where he went so I was alone. I felt something brush my leg and I felt a slight bubble of fear well up in my chest.
"GRAGH!" I heard a yell behind me.
I whirled around in fright, my heart in my throat, but my balance left me as I was turning and I started to fall backwards into the water. Gerard lunged forwards and his arm circled around my back to keep me from falling. I looked up at him and he smiled at me gently. I promptly slapped his face. He looked at me surprised and hurt. I grabbed his spare hand and put it over my heart so he could feel how fast it was going. Understanding dawned on his face and he crookedly smiled at me.
"Sorry for scaring the shit out of you," he said.
I nodded and took a deep calming breath. I felt his arm pull me closer, and I turned to face him fully.

He was surprisingly close to me. His face was ducked a bit and his hair was falling in front of his face, framing it and his eyes were dark but held an emotion I couldn't quite place. His hand, the one not circled around my back gently reached up to unclip my hair. My hair fell in two curtains around my face. My breath was caught in my throat and I gulped nervously. His hand gently pushed one side of my hair back behind one ear and his fingers delicate traced down my face and my neck to the hollow of my throat. His fingers were as light as a feather and as soft as silk. I gulped again as my heart fluttered in my chest. His eyes flickered to my lips before back up at my eyes. My hand made its way to brush the hair out of Gerard's eyes. I still couldn't distinguish what emotion was in his eyes. His hand trailed up to my chin where he gently cupped it.
"You are so beautiful..."
His voice sounded thick and hoarse from an emotion I wouldn't be able to explain. He tilted my face up slightly and looked down at me.
"May I kiss you?" he asked softly.
I smiled softly, I was glad that he was respecting me by asking but did he really have to ask? I moved my hand to the back of his neck and I gently pulled his face down to mine. My eyes closed as our lips met and an explosion occurred.

My hands tangled themselves in his hair and he pulled me closer so that there was no space between our bodies. Our lips moved softly but passionately against each others and it sent tingles down my spine. It felt right to be here, like it was where I was meant to be. Gerard's hands moved down to my hips and he pulled me against him harder. I responded by fisting my hands in his shirt and pulling him against me. Gerard had awoken a fire in me. It raced through my veins and warmed up my entire body while setting off the fireworks behind my eyes. The butterflies swarmed in my stomach and my breath was caught up in my throat. I lost all sense of my surroundings, all I could sense was Gerard. He was my beginning and my end. All everything was, was him.

I wanted to keep this feeling in my body for longer but the fact was that I was very near to passing out from the lack of oxygen. I pulled back slightly and gasped for oxygen. My eyes flickered open and I saw that Gerard was gasping for oxygen as well.
"Wow," he whispered.
I could only nod in response. If I had been able to talk, he would have taken the words right away from me. His hands loosened their hard hold against him and circled around me in a hug. I rested my head tiredly against his chest and he chuckled breathlessly.
"Did I tire you out?" he teased.
I smiled and looked up at him. A shrugged slightly to say 'maybe' and he smiled at me.
"I think it's time I took you home, Sugar," he murmured.
I froze. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here forever, stay happy, worry free and with Gerard. But, alas, life didn't want that for me.

Gerard and I began to walk back to the car and I yawned and blinked tiredly. Gerard laughed softly and kissed my temple.
"You look cute when you yawn," he said.
I scrunched my face up and shivered as the wind brushed against my bare arms. Gerard reached down to his jacket and shook out the sand before draping it over my shoulders. I picked up my notepad and scribbled a quite note.
Please Gee, I'm okay. I can see the goosebumps on your arms. Take your jacket.
I was secretly hoping he wouldn't take it because it was very warm and smelled like him.
"Belle, please. No arguing, I want you to be comfortable and warm. Keep the jacket for tonight. I'll grab it in the morning," he said.
I looked at him and he smiled reassuringly at me. I nodded and slipped my arms into the sleeves and relished in the warmth that it provided.
Thank you Gerard. You're amazing...
"All in a day's work," Gerard laughed.
I smiled and shook my head.
"C'mon, I'll drive you home," Gerard said, leading me to his car.

He helped me into my seat and did up my seatbelt for me before going around to his side. I automatically tucked my feet up on the chair and curled up against the door. Gerard turned the car on and immediately flicked the heating on. A burst of warm air hit me in the face and I sneezed. Gerard laughed and reached over to me to hit a button. I looked at him quizzically and he smiled at me.
"Don't worry, you'll soon see what that button does," he said.
He began to back out of the parking spot and started to drive home. After about 5 minutes I could tell what the button did. It heated up the chair itself. I snuggled deeper into the chair and my eyes flickered closed. I heard Gerard turn on the radio and on burst Lullaby by Shawn Mullins. I smiled and Gerard began to sing along. All in all it was the perfect setting for me to fall asleep.

I was gently awoken by Gerard about twenty minutes later.
"Belle, Sugar, wake up. Where do you want me to take you?" Gerard asked quietly.
I yawned and pulled out my notepad.
My parents should be passed out on the couch right about now. And I'm guessing Alicia's place was locked up?
Gerard nodded and pressed his lips together in a hard line before driving off silently. He stopped at my house and I sighed. I turned to Gerard and he looked at me. He pulled my face towards his and gave me a sweet goodnight kiss.
"'Night Sugar," he whispered.
'Night Pumpkin Pie. I loved tonight's date. It was simply amazing, magical even. By the way, you cook better than the people at Premiers.
Gerard smiled and kissed my forehead.
"I'm glad you think so and I'm glad you enjoyed the date. I loved it too," Gerard said softly.
I smiled and then slipped on the too-small shoes and walked into my house.

"You no good, useless, dirty, cheap, fucking whore!" ambushed me as soon as I stepped through the door.
I whirled around but grimy claw-like hands knotted themselves in my hair, pulling and tugging at my scalp before I was thrown away into a wall. I crashed into it with my shoulder and I stumbled to the floor. I looked up at my parents and as the fear for them started to bubble in my chest Gerard entered my mind and immediately my fear was banished and a warm, content feeling settled throughout my body. Images of how happy and free I had been on our date entered my mind and for the first time in a long time, I ran from my beating.

I escaped through the front door to see my dark knight leaning against the bonnet of his car. The moonlight reflected off his hair, making it appear to shimmer, but shadowed his face as he looked up at me. My breath caught in my throat as I paused to admire him. The door crashed open behind me and I flinched. I looked back to see my parents stalking towards me. I looked back at Gerard and he was now standing up, his whole body taut with aggression and hidden fury. He looked at me and then his arms opened up invitingly and I started to run to him, but a harsh, calloused hand gripped viciously onto my arm, yanking me back. A backhand immediately followed, smacking my head to the side. I clutched at my cheek, feeling the wetness of blood on my fingers and trembled at the furious man gripping onto my arm.
"Where the fuck do you think you're going?! What have I told you about disobeying me?!
he screamed in my face.
I cowered back from the man and stared at him with terrified eyes.
"Let her go," Gerard growled threateningly from behind me.
"Or what, pretty boy?" my mother spat.
"You'll be sorry, I promise," Gerard snarled.
"Fuck you! She's mine! I bought her! I can do whatever the fuck I want with her! If I want to punch her in the gut, I will! If I want to backhand her, I will! If I want to throw her to the ground and kick her until she's unconscious, I will!" my father roared angrily.
Gerard's fists clenched and I swear I saw smoke coming out of his ears. My father snorted derisively at him. I took advantage of the small window of opportunity, and wrenched myself out of my father's grip. I ran to Gerard and nearly barrelled into him. I knew Gerard was no match for my parents, but the fact that he was trying made me feel safe. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and I looked back at my father to see he was furious.

Gerard kissed the top of my head gently before letting go of me and pushing me behind him. I looked at him both curious and worried. I prayed he wouldn't do anything stupid. He walked right up to my father and stood right up in his face. Something stupid like that.
"Don't you ever touch my girlfriend ever again!" Gerard hissed menacingly.
My heart leapt for two reasons.
One; my father was NOT. HAPPY with the whole 'girlfriend' thing and I was worried that Gerard was about to have a taste of the violence my father could unleash.
Two; I was Gerard's girlfriend?
I smiled at the thought of being Gerard's girlfriend and I watched him hold his ground against my father, an admirable feat.
"You, fucking skank!" my father spat, disgustedly.
Gerard's fist reared up and collided with a satisfying crunch! On my father's nose.
"Don't you fuckin' dare say fuckin' shit about my fuckin' girlfriend! You fat, fuck-faced, fuckin' prick!" Gerard snarled furiously before turning around and promptly whisking me away from my hell.

He drove to his place in a silent rage and a few times I was afraid he was going to break the steering wheel. He pulled up into his driveway and killed the engine. Even though he killed the engine he still stayed in his seat. He sort of just slammed his head into his steering wheel and left it there. He slammed his fist into the steering wheel and a loud beep! was emitted from the car. I unclipped my seatbelt and edged closer to him. I reached over and gently began to run my fingers through Gerard's silky soft hair, trying to relieve some of the tension in his body.
"Sorry for exploding like that and hitting your father...I just...I couldn't hold my fury back any longer," Gerard apologised.
Gee, that man is no more my father than Damien is. He has made my life a living hell. I could care less what happens to him. Thank you for defending me.
"I just...How could he hit you so easily?" Gerard asked, turning to look at me with angry but devastated eyes.
I shrugged.
Simple, he's been doing it for years. I don't even think he realises anymore. It's so routine.
Gerard looked at me and I saw the anger had faded away to sadness.
Don't feel bad for me, somehow, it all lead to me meeting Mikey, Frank, Ray, you and Alicia. And I honestly don't know what I'd do without you guys, you're everything to me. And you! You especially.
He smiled softly and looked at his hands.
"I'm not sure if now is the best time to ask, but anyway...would you...maybe...be my girlfriend?" Gerard asked shyly.
A wide grin spread across my face and I pecked him on the cheek.
I'd like nothing more. Aside from sleep.
Gerard laughed and unclipped his seatbelt.
"Well let's get you inside then. You can sleep with me tonight, I promise there'll be no funny business," Gerard said, hopping out and walking around to my side of the car.
I looked at him as he opened the car door for me and smiled.
You're too good to me.
"No such thing," Gerard murmured, pressing a kiss to my temple.
He then picked me up and I snuggled into his arms.
"Home," I breathed lightly and nestled my face into the crook of Gerard's neck.
I think he said something after that but I can't remember, I fell asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, how much do you guys love me? I've had <two hours sleep over the past two days and I have a pounding heachache, burning eyes and a puffed up eye from where I punched myself(I'm a violent sleeper), and I'm still posting this extra-long chapter for you guys. It's also kinda partially due to the fact that I might not be able to update for over a week...maybe 2 weeks...NOT MY FAULT! I swearz! XD

As always, thanks, love and sweet mcr goodness go out to my AMAZING commentors! I love you guys, you rock my socks! XD
rivals are insane
Beccathecookie
starry nights.
mistery gurl
Car.Crash.Hearts Well, it was my first performance so my nerve levels were spiking around the unnecessarily-high-over-the-top level. But it was really fun while I was performing, I kinda forgot about my nerves while performing.
dotdotcurvegirl
NANANAIssues
xXFngrOnTheTriggrXx

So apparently, people actually talk about this story and recommend it to their friends o_O I was SO not expecting that! I mean I know I got the 10 stars and all, but you guys actually recommend this for other people to read? That makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside! Thanks guys! You really are the best group of readers that ever lived!

And you know how I had that drama performance on? I did it! I didn't fuck up at all! I remembered all my lines, all my cues, all the proper actions and everything! It was so fun being up on stage...and getting lipstick smeared across my face(in part of the script I'm fighting with my friend over a guy(how cliche -.-') and I'm putting on make up to prove that I can make myself pretty and then my friend grabs the lipstick off me and smears it across my face)...Thanks to everyone who wished me luck, I think it worked! XD
The cast party was really fun too! We ended up going for a walk at like 11pm and we kept freaking each other out in the darkness. Like one time Jemmah stepped in a puddle and squealed so we all squealed like little girls and grabbed onto each other and huddled together for 'protection'. And then Niall's mum drove by and stopped to talk to us and (at first)we didn't know who it was and we freaked out. Not to mention every time we heard a car or saw head/tail lights we ran to the edge of the road. It was kinda cool though, 'cause it was all foggy and stuff and the headlights were shining through it like UFO lights.

Anyway, I'm almost delirious from lack of sleep(can you get delirious from lack of sleep?) so I'm gonna go. I will get this sleeping thing worked out...just...not...now... bai!
Title Credit: Sister To Sleep by My Chemical Romance.