Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

'Cause The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You...

Belladonna's P.O.V.

Tears slowly slid down my cheeks and soaked into Mikey's shirt. His arms held me tight and rubbed my back soothingly. My face was pressed into his shoulder and I was just kind of in a heap on the floor with Mikey kneeled next to me, holding me.
"He's just confused and was taken off-guard. It's not personal I promise you," he said softly.
I glared at him through blurry eyes.
I need you to tell me how much of a dickhead he is! How much I need to hate him! Not defend him and give me false hope!
Mikey chuckled lightly and wiped the tears off my face.
"I'm sorry Bells. Gerard is a dickhead, you need to hate him with the fire of a thousand suns and try to kill him if he comes close and don't you dare even think about taking him back. Better?" he asked.
I glared at him again, and another tear slid down my face. I sighed and looked down, I wasn't really upset at Mikey. It was just something that automatically happened because my emotions were so haywire.
Mikey? What's wrong with me?
Mikey looked at me like I was stupid.
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Gerard's just an unfeeling bastard and he doesn't deserve you. You're a beautiful, amazing, human being. You're my best friend, I dunno what I'd do without you," Mikey said in a caring tone.
That's bullshit and you know it. You've never needed me once like I need you. And now Gerard is understanding that no one needs me. I'm just a fuckin' freak. I'm just a fuckin' whore. That's all I'll ever fucking amount to be.
Mikey grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. His eyes were dark and angry, but also sad at the same time.
"Don't you dare say that again. You are not a whore or a freak. You never have been one, and you never will be. And contrary to what you believe, I do need you! You're my best friend! I can tell you anything! I can be whomever I want to be, because I know you will never judge me. You taught me that it's okay to be different to the rest of the crowd. It's okay to be a little weird and not like Aeropostale or Hollister.* You helped me become who I am! And Gerard is a completely different person thanks to you. He's not so depressed, he actually has a life, he hangs out with people instead of being a vampire in his dingy basement-room...Why can't you just get that?" Mikey asked me with a note of desperation and frustration in his voice.
He fucking ran away from me Mikey! I told him I loved him and he ran away from me! What the fuck else am I supposed to think?! I can take it if he doesn't love me. I mean, with this kind of face, it's to be expected. But I can't take him saying, 'I need to go. I need to get away. I'll drop you at mine.' All I needed was a simple, 'That's great and I'm sorry but I don't love you' or something. You know, out of common fucking courtesy...I mean, I've slept in the same bed as him for like a month! I've shared his clothes! I've made out with him! I let him fucking see me at my worst! Yet he can't handle three tiny fucking words?! It must be me. Something I did wrong...Mikey! What did I do wrong?! Please! Please! Please tell me!
I had tears rolling down my face again and this time Mikey was almost crying as well.
"Hold on a sec, I'm going to call Alicia. She'll know what to do," Mikey said.
I nodded. If I'd been paying more attention I would have seen the way his eyes darted around the room frantically. The tell-tale sign of him lying.

A few minutes later and Mikey was back. He had tears streaming down his face and he hugged me tightly. I was momentarily surprised but hugged him back nonetheless.
"Bells, you are so special...please, please don't think it was your fault. Gerard's capability to deal with the unknown and surprise isn't very good because he's spent most of his life holed up in his little basement. He'll come round. He does love you, you know. And I do too. And so does Frank, Ray, Mom and Alicia. You're like the connection between Alicia, Frank, Ray, Gerard and I. You hold us together; when you hurt, we hurt; when you cry, we cry; when you smile, we smile. And please remember that second to Alicia, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. With or without scars," Mikey said softly.
I frowned, it almost sounded as if Mikey was saying goodbye.
Thank you Mikey? I love all of you guys too. Why does this sound like a goodbye? You're not planning on moving to like Madagascar or something, are you?
To be honest, I was kind of scared of the way he was acting. It was alarming, to say the least. A fresh wave of tears went down Mikey's face and he brought me into a tight hug.
"I'm sorry, forgive me," he whispered hoarsely.

The door opened and a bunch of people walked in. I couldn't tell who they were and it freaked me out. I looked to Mikey for comfort but he turned away. He disentangled himself from me and stepped away.
"Belladonna Collins?" a man in a dark suit and grey-ing hair asked me.
I nodded warily and he nodded back.
"Bring her," he ordered.
Fear and panic flared in my chest as people swarmed towards me. I could feel it choking me as I scrambled away from the hands. I didn't know why these people wanted me until I caught a flash of an identification pass clipped to someone's belt. They were from family services. Horror and terror raised in my mind as I pictured being ripped away from the guys. Hands latched onto my arms and yanked me forwards. I stumbled but yanked right back. I could deal with them, I had dealt with my father.
"Stop fighting them Bells," Mikey said thickly, his voice choked up in his throat.
Understanding dawned on my face before betrayal crashed over me. I stared at Mikey, hurt and betrayal etched deeply into my skin. Family services dragged me out of the living room, but I made sure Mikey knew how much this hurt. Tears were raising in his eyes and I felt both terrible and delighted at being the cause of them. Just before they pulled me out of the room I wrenched my arm out of someone's grip and gave him the finger. Mikey mouthed something to me, but I was being dragged out the front door.
The car they had brought for me already had a back door open for me. Fear was rapidly increasing and my body immediately kicked into fight mode. I yanked against the men and kicked out and bit at them as they tried to pull me towards the car. As one last ditch effort I literally hurled myself at the ground, breaking their grip on me.
I quickly scrambled up and tried to escape, back into the house so I could go through the back door into the backyard and escape that way, but they caught up to me and held me back. I felt like I was getting kidnapped and in all honesty, that what it pretty much was. I struggled against my large, male captors and I was reminded of the time where Gerard punched my adopted father in the nose. He had been my dark knight that night, right when I needed him. So where was he now?
"GERARD!"

Gerard's P.O.V.

I whistled cheerfully as I walked back home to where I knew Belle was waiting for me. I knew I'd been a complete dick, running from her like I had but I just just couldn't cope with the sudden curve ball. I went to Starbucks, downed a couple of lattes and thought myself through everything. I realised what I was doing was a mistake so I bought make-up/apology coffee and I hoped it would be enough to get her to at least forgive me. I glanced around me and saw I was only like six houses from my place and I felt an extra spring bounce into my step. Belle was waiting for me at home, I couldn't wait to see the expression on Belle's face when I told her I was sorry, I was a complete dick and that I loved her back.
"GERARD!"
The scream rang out through the quiet air eerily. Something was wrong. I could feel it in my bones. I stopped dead in my tracks and paused to listen again. My heart was pounding in my chest and my muscles were coiled, ready for action.
"PLEASE! GERARD!"
The scream sliced through the air again and panic gripped me tight. It was unmistakably Belladonna's and there was something unmistakably wrong.
I looked around frantically and a moving blur caught my eye. I zeroed in on it to see Belladonna struggling against several men who were pulling her to a car. The car was printed with 'FAMILY SERVICES' and my heart sank as the horror rose.
"NO! BELLE!" I found myself shouting.
I began to sprint towards her, the long since forgotten cups of coffee falling to the ground.
"BELLE!" I screamed desperately.
"GERARD!" she screamed back.
Her voice was raised high with fear and it spurred me on. It was horrible hearing her voice so terrified and being unable to defend her. I sprinted towards her and I'm no track runner, I hate gym and failed every class, but I was sure I could challenge any track person.
"Gerard! Please!"
Oh dear God, she was sobbing now. I almost cried from the sound of weak, pleading, helplessness in her voice. I could see her being dragged towards the car. I was so close, I might be able to make it if I stretched myself a little more.
Please, please, please, keep fighting Belle!

Out of nowhere, a hand shot out and grabbed my arm, trying to stop me. However; I had built up so much momentum that my body kept moving, causing me to jar my arm. My eyes widened in pain but I quickly pushed it aside.
"Stay out of it, kid," a rough voice grunted.
My reaction was pure instinct. I whirled around, my fist raised in a punch and I visualised the guy as Belladonna's father. My fist met with his nose and I felt--and heard, a loud crunch and he let go of me, cursing. I felt no remorse as I turned away. I almost wish I hadn't.
Belle was about 5 metres away, being shoved into a backseat.
"Gera--" her voice was cut off by the sound of the door slamming.
I felt my heart shatter with it and I ran to her.
"NO! BELLE!" I screamed, my whole body shook with the emotions ripping through me.
I slammed into the side of the car where Belladonna was and I could see her. She was sitting there, her hands pressed up against the window with tears streaming down her face.
"BELLE! I LOVE YOU!" I shouted to her, my tears joining hers.
Her mouth moved, she was saying something to me, but I couldn't hear a word of it. I couldn't feel anything else in my body except the crushing weight of losing her. I slammed my hand against the window and pressed my forehead against the glass. My whole world was crashing down around me and I couldn't breathe. One half of my hand made a heart against the window and Belle raised her hand and completed it on the other side of the glass. One of my tears dripped onto my hand and hers were falling onto her shirt. I felt so useless, I couldn't do anything.

My eyes then spied the handle and with my other hand, I started to reach for it. I was suddenly grabbed around the middle and yanked back. I flew backwards and tripped on a rock. I landed hard on my elbows and pain flared up before it was dulled. I heard the car start and panic flared up in me again. I leapt up and made to open the door but I was pulled back again. I automatically raised my elbow and slammed it up and back. I could hear Mikey cry out in pain, but paid no attention. The car revved and then pulled away from the kerb.
"NO! BELLADONNA!" I screamed after her and sprinted after the speeding car.
I could see Belladonna's face, pressed up against the back window and I screamed for her again. I chased after the car until it was almost gone. After which I felt the bitter crushing of having nothing and I stopped in the middle of the road. I honestly could not give a shit if a semi-trailer ran me over right now.
"BELLADONNA!" I bellowed in agony and despair.
I had lost my everything...
♠ ♠ ♠
*I have no idea if Hollister and Aeropostale are the "fancy" stores in America where all the "popular" people shop and look like flirts and jocks etc, but that's just what I gathered from a few stories that I'd read. Either just substitute them for another, different shop, or just imagine a shop where you buy all those short shorts, flimsy tops, jock clothes etc etc. You know what I'm talking about.

Simply Mad, Gravity, mistery gurl, flamez363, Beccathecookie, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, raAwwrrosaurs, the ghost of you;, rivals are insane, trappedxinxreality, Joe Strummer., Matt Sanders., Neo_Bear, AtomicStarshine, AngelFake, untitledusername, Lostprophets;, elisegeree, saige -, Bulletproof Revenge, Live Lithium, NANANAIssues, RandaRue22, sowrongitstara, Car.Crash.Hearts, jenpops, Fallenangel_97, TheWistler, Kitty Emilie, starry nights., tyckermmcr, MCRmy199, ViciousLiesAndAlibis, Emo_Drama_Dork, emseeare, AcidTripInDisneyland, rachemical, Kiss_Me_Cryptic, OxyContinGenocide, KatyCakes, TashaLaureen, xlookalivesunshinex, bam_dilligaf, youngnnative, xBrightLightsx, xsxtxaxrxkx, A-ha, nobody of importance, animeQT613, Party-Poison, Stacie.
Okay, I don't know how many of you there are(a fuckload), but thank you to every single person who commented. You guys are amazing, and this chapter is dedicated to you.
I started off this story with the hope of maybe getting 5 stars. That was what I was dreaming of. And then slowly it started getting there. I watched my stars climb. 1...2...3...4...5..and so forth, until I reached 10 stars. And my reader count is 600+. It completely blows my mind whenever I think about it. I finished my first story too. This is the very first story out of 300+ that I have actually finished. It brings with it the greatest sense of accomplishment and pride that I have ever felt. None of this could have happened without you guys and I am forever in your debt. So please everyone, treat yourself to something, you guys deserve it. I honestly cannot thank you guys enough. An author is nothing without her readers.
I am sad to see the end of this story actually. I have a sequel coming, but it's set far into the future, so it's not going to be the same. This story is like my baby and now it's time to let it go and I kind of don't want to. This story has been quite therapeutic and quite self-actualizing. It sounds weird, but, I actually do feel more confident about myself than when I first started this and I'm not quite as depressed(for the moment anyway). So this story has been a good thing. I know I've had my ups and downs with this story and some chapters are better written than others, but, on the whole, I'm quite pleased with the story and that's also come from the popular reaction by you guys. Okay, I'm not good with this so let's just cut the crap. I love this story, it's helped me more than I thought it would and I love you guys, because you helped me as well.

Now that that's done...I saw LOTMS for the first time today! And like WHOA. I cried. I admit it. But I also felt so inspired by it I felt like I had to type this up for you guys even though I need to get up in less than 4 hours for a learning seminar tomorrow/today. Anyway. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. This was the kind of ending I pictured that actually STARTED the story. I knew the ending before the start, and it was ALWAYS going to be like this. ^-^ I'm glad I ended up sticking to my guns about it, because that normally doesn't happen.
Btw, hands up if you guessed? There's gotta be someone who guessed it correctly.
And we'll find out who her real parents are in the sequel! :D And no, they're not the Way's XD
And I know I was talking about two Frank stories earlier which are in the writing but I got a complete BRAINWAVE for a Killjoy story, so that's going to be posted before the Frank ones. Sorry if you got all excited for it. And I might be holding off the sequel for awhile. Maybe like a couple of weeks instead of a week?
Anyway, enjoy your day, I hope to see you soon for the sequel! (Which is currently untitled.)
P.S. Anyone else want to be inboxed or commented when the first chapter comes out?

Title Credit: Cancer by My Chemical Romance