‹ Prequel: First Impressions
Status: Discontinued... sorry!!!

Second Impressions

CHAPTER 2

"Sleep tight, sweetie." Mrs. Flitcher kisses my forehead, stroking my hair lovingly before going upstairs.

Camped out in the Flitchers' living are Brad, Trev, Shale, Shelby, and me. My current location is on the floor next to the couch and by a spot that smells a lot like beer. Trev and Shale are fast asleep, Trev on the couch, Shale on the loveseat. Shelby and I whisper to each other, sharing our feelings and all that girly stuff.

Girly stuff that consisted of the following: tears, squeals, laughs, more tears, hidden chocolate, giggles, more tears, more squeals, sighs, and snores.

Actually, snores aren't exactly girly, but Shelby is one of the girly-est girl I know. And she snores, so I consider it a girly girl thing.

It's not long before I, myself, emit my own snores. And then I stop.

My eyes snap open and I sit up, looking around. The smell of beer was really making me thirsty so, with such stealth that I didn't realize I had, I make it to the kitchen without a noise.

I get a glass from a wooden cupboard and set it on the counter, retrieving a jug of apple juice from the fridge, leaving it open since it would only be a couple seconds. But as I turn around, the light from it falls upon a face.

"Ah!" I gasp, dropping the jug on my foot which makes me hop and run my hipbone into the counter. I lean against said counter, massaging my poor little toes. "Could you at least give some form of warning when you're in the dark? I have to go to the bathroom now!"

"I'll be sure to do that next time." Brad says coldly. His walls are up and unmoving. Maybe I should pound on them.

I pick up the jug and set it on the counter, doing a kind of hop-skip-jump jig over to the chair beside Brad afterwards.

"I-"

"Look, Autum." Brad completely annihilates what I was going to say, which was something that I don't even know. "I think we should just remain apart. You've obviously still have some problems to work out and you want your space. It will probably be best for both of us."

'I love you so much, Autum.'

I'm not sure why that memory decided to ring in. Did it actually even happen?

But I nod, agreeing with him. He is right. I do have to work some things out, but I don't want my own space anymore.

"Brad, I-"

"You really hurt me, you know." He glares at his hands in front of him, his bangs covering his eyes. His mouth is a firm frown and he has a smooth chin. I continue to watch his lips as they move even though they are saying words that I don't want to hear. "When you turned me away after I said a lot of meaningful things, it stung. You were so emotionless. You didn't even seem like you cared. I don't know if I can stand to try again."

"I. . ." I pause as he looks at me. There no more tears, only a raw emotion that can reveal what I did. "I understand. Brad, I was only trying to think of not hurting you. I-"

"Well, you did a great job of that!" He snaps at me, his eyes becoming angry. I see his hatred and how it's aimed towards me. My bottom lip trembles involuntarily and when I try to steady it by biting, my teeth jitter.

"I'm sorry." My voice cracks and I leave the seat, walking through the living room and out the front door to my house, being silent so that my friends don't wake up.