Don't Worry, We're Just Pretending

4

Frank Iero’s P.O.V.

“I’m sorry.” I said for the hundredth time.

“No. I’m done. It’s not just because of the call, it’s because of everything. Why do you have to treat me like this?” He asked.

Jessica decided to come over after not talking to me for two days. And of course she decided to do it exactly when I was about to go out to meet the casting director of the movie, of which I finally remembered the name. Straddling Dennis. Another romantic comedy no one will want to see.

Oh, and by the way, she’s making a scene too.

“Why do I-? Oh, it’s not about how I treat you is about how you act with me! You’re too damn clingy and obsessed. I can’t take it that you keep calling me when I’m trying to sleep just to make sure it’s not some other girl picking it up! I’m faithful to you, even if you’re becoming too damn unbearable!” I shouted at her. Its okay she screams at me but she will not put the blame on me. Maybe I’m somewhat guilty but it’s not only my fault.

I’d just like to go back to the times when we could still bear each other. It was so long ago it’s hard to believe times like those really existed. And to think I actually though she was the one.

“I’m- Oh, you know what? You’re not worth it! It’s over.” She screamed, raising her voice even more. It surprised me she would do something like breaking up with me. She wasn’t so damn obsessed after all; she was able to let me go. Anyway, if she hadn’t done it, it would have been me. It’s better if it was her. If I had done it she would feel humiliated, or something. Women are hard to understand.

I looked at her just in time to see her close the door to my apartment.

I sighed. I was feeling a little numb, not very sure how I was feeling about this. Whatever, I’ll be thinking about it none stop soon enough.

I glanced at the clock.

“Oh, fuck. I’m late.” I ran to grab my cell phone and ran out of the apartment.

My house was still far and I don’t even own a car. I ran down the street to the bus stop. There was only on guy there. I didn’t pay him much attention. Being late on the first meeting is not a very good thing.

I noticed a shadow moving next to me when I was observing my red converse. I looked up to see the same guy gesturing for the bus to stop. I was lucky that he was there, I would have missed it. I got in and sat besides some blond girl. I didn’t pay much attention to her either. The guy from the bus stop didn’t sit down. I don’t blame him; the only available seats were next to people you probably didn’t want to smell. Instead he stayed up grabbing the pool above me.

Now I was paying attention to him. He isn’t someone you can not pay attention to for a long time.

I sound so gay.

I turned my head from the guy to the window. I didn’t even try to glance at the blond girl next to me. I was avoiding looking at anyone, to be truthful. I hate busses. They are full of people and I tend to stare at people so I just refrain from looking at anyone. At least I try.

I was reading every sign we passed. From road to restaurant signs. I was familiar with this part of town. Me and Jessica used to come here a lot. It holds so many good memories from so long ago. It seems that everything good that happened between us happened somewhere around here. The restaurants, the walks around the park, the kisses.

Don’t you dare cry. I told myself. I took my hand to my right eye, moving my head so my hair would hide the other. I cleaned the wetness around the eye, looking at my finger occasionally. Hopefully it looks like I’m trying to take something out of my eye.

Finally my stop was close. I needed to catch some fresh air. I’m an actor. I can play sad and cry when I’m happy. I can ever play happy when I’m sad. I just can’t disguise the tears.

I got out of the bus with my head low and only looked up to look around. If I remember correctly, the address I was told should be around here. I walked to the zebra crossing and while looking to each side, I saw the guy from my stop. He looked kinda of lost.

I shrugged and crossed the street. I wasn’t about to care about him. I had enough problems. I’m heartbroken and I’m late.

I looked around again, trying to see some kind of sign with the street name. How come me and Jessica always came to places close and we never came here. I’m pretty much lost. I looked around again. I hate asking for directions.

I was about to give up and ask someone when I saw a little street I haven’t seen. The sign read “Emerald Edge Street”. If I can remember correctly, Brian told me:

“Do you know where Emerald Edge is?”

I don’t think I was listening too much because I told him that I did. Lucky me I remembered the name.

I walked along the street.

“At the end of it you’ll be able to see the building.”

I could already see the building before I got to the end of the street. It’s an enormous building, painted a bright lime green, with big windows and on top you could see the name of the company in a lights sign.

When I finally got to the end of the street, I could see the entry in the distance. I looked at the clock. Damn. I went faster. I didn’t want to be later than this. I made it to the glass doors. When I was closing it after me I saw the guy from the bus stop coming in this direction.

Damn. What if he’s following me? He could be after me to kidnap me. Oh, God. He could rape me!

“Can I help you?” I jumped a little and turned around to see a man in a grey suit.

“Hum, yeah. I’m here to see James Raley, please.” I told the man, my heart was still going fast.

Calm down. He’s not going to be there when I get out.

“Are you Frank Iero?”

“Yeah.”

“Right, come with me.” He said and turned around walking along this long hall, all white, with photographs and big painting adorning the walls.

I guess I should follow him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm giving up the Portuguese tittles idea... I'm just not good at giving tittles.
If you're reading my other story you must know I'm getting surgery tomorrow. If not, well, I guess you know now. Anyway I should be back before Monday but don't expect an update before Monday.

Lotte_music

I only got one comment.
How depressing.