Stand Tall, They'll Tear You Down.

Chapter Five

Zacky's POV

Saturday was finally here, which meant the party. Hopefully it also meant I would finally get my kiss form Syn. "Maybe more..." I thought, smirking as I stepped into the shower. I sighed as the hot water ran down my skin. I tipped my head back and ran my hands through my hair, wetting it all the way through. After washing and rinsing my hair, I squirted some body wash on my hand and lathered it all over my body. Already hard from my little thought earlier, the water running down my body and my soapy hands across my body was driving me crazy. I needed to take care of this little problem. I slowly moved my hands down to my erect member, pumping slowly at first. "Mmm..." I let my head fall back under the water. Pictures of Syn slipped into my mind as I pumped faster. I unintentionally moaned his name as I came, glad my mom wasn't upstairs to hear that. Satisfied, I shut the water off and wrapped a towel around my waste.

I went downstairs, still only in a towel, to get something to drink. I walked in the kitchen to see something rather unexpected. "Syn?" He was sitting at the kitchen table with his guitar. His eyes widened as he looked over and saw me in a towel that barely covered me. "Oh, uhh...Hi." He looked me up and down before continuing. "Your mom let me in. I just stopped by to see if you wanted to walk to Jimmy's house with me." He said, trying not to stare too much. "Oh, yeah. Sure." I replied awkwardly. "I'll uh...Be ready in a second." He nodded and I ran upstairs to finish getting ready.

When I thought I looked good enough, I grabbed my guitar and ran back down to Syn. He smiled at me and put his hands on my waist. "You look amazing." He said quietly, kissing my forehead. "So do you." I smiled. "So, ready to go?" I nodded and told my mom I was leaving. When we got to the road and started walking, he took my free hand in his and laced our fingers together.

Syn's POV

On the way to Jimmy's house, we passed a small park. It was usually empty except the occasional basketball players. I could hear the sound of balls being dribbled and guys yelling. As we got closer I recognized who they were. It was that group of assholes who picked on Zacky. I started walking towards the other side of the road and Zacky willingly followed. I didn't really care what they thought, but I knew they would say something to Zacky, and that I did care about.

"Hey look!" One of them shouted. "It's the two faggots, out for a little stroll!"

I rolled my eyes. "Just ignore them Zacky." I said, squeezing his hand. We kept walking and they all gathered up against the fence around the basketball court, shouting a bunch of things I did my best to ignore.

"Goin' to a homo convention with your other faggot friends?" Another one shouted. It took everything I had not to run over there and beat the shit out of all of them. But I had to keep my composure, especially with Zacky.

When we finally passed the park, after one last shout of "Yeah, you better keep walking, fags!", I let out a sigh I had been holding in while trying to control myself. "Those guys really need to find something better to do."

"Yeah..." Zacky said quietly. "Hey, what's wrong?" I stopped walking. "N..nothing."

"Don't let those guys bother you. They aren't worth it." I pulled him into my arms as tears started rolling down his cheeks. I rubbed his back gently and whispered soothing words into his ear. "It's okay, Zacky. Don't listen to them. I'm here..." He sniffled and brought his head up. I wiped the remaining tears from his face and kissed his cheek. "Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded and smiled a little. "Alright, let's go have some fun, kay?" I said as we started walking again.

* * *

"Hey there guys! You finally made it!" Jimmy shouted as he let us into his house. Everyone else was already there, and from the looks of it they had been there a while. Johnny was drunk already, of course, and the rest of them were well on there way there. Matt noticed we were holding guitars and shouted, “Hey, you gonna play us a song, or what?” Zacky and I looked at each other and smiled. “You wanna play it now?” I asked. “Sure.”

Jimmy brought out his amps and we hooked everything up. We sat down on his couch and everyone sat around us on the floor. Zacky started playing and singing and I watched him as I waited for my part. Eventually we were both playing together, everyone watching us intently. Zacky's voice was amazing. He was so beautiful when he got lost in the the music. Without realizing it, I started singing along. He looked at me and we smiled, lost in each other and the music, completely oblivious to everything else.

When the song ended, everyone clapped loudly. “That was fucking awesome!” Jimmy shouted. You might have thought the drunk cheering would have ruined our moment, but it didn't. Our eyes slowly closed, and we leaned forward, our lips touching gently. I smiled when I felt the heat of Zacky's blush on my own face. We broke the kiss, hearing whistles and cat-calls coming from the guys. Johnny held two beers in his hand, and gave one to each of us. “Enough lovey dovey, let's get this party started!”