Status: Anyone have a new name for the story I'm open to suggestions?

The Pain We Feel

10. Movies and Situations

“Did you choose a movie because the pizza’s here?” Alex called as I scanned the shelves in the living room full of movies.

It was hard to decide being cautious to not choose a movie of romance; it was already difficult enough to be around him, not that there were many here to choose from. I figured an action comedy would be a safe choice and went with Rush Hour Two. I heard Alex come in the room turning to see him holding the pizza box, plates, and two canned soda. His smile on his face seeming so permanent I contemplated once again if it was. We switched places as I served the pizza and he put the movie on. It was a peaceful silence that surrounded us.

The room stayed silent with minimal talk, but mostly all that was heard was our laughter at the small various points. When I turned to see Alex got up to change the movie I noticed how far apart we were compared to upstairs. Down here in the darkened living room we took opposite ends of the long couch. As the next movie started I tried to ignore the distance between us and notice the movie that was on. Since he chose this one I wasn’t sure what I was even supposed to be watching. I tried to pay more attention to it driving my focus from Alex away. I soon realized we were watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It just figures I would gather my focus as Logan held his “dead” girlfriend screaming, his ferral demanding vengeance. It was sad knowing how he would forget her so completely by the end. The movie passed in relative silence once again. I couldn’t figure out why neither of us said a word, but at least it was a comfortable silence that engulfed us. In no time at all the movie ended, memory loss and all. As the credits rolled I turned to look at Alex. He was looking right back at me smiling as he finally saw into my eyes. I smiled right back but quickly turned away.

“So it’s only eight o’clock. What do you want to do now? We could watch a scary movie?” he asked breaking the long silence.

“Uhhh……ok. I don’t really like scary movie but I’ll try.” I said already grabbing the closest pillow.

“Ok, I’ll try no to pick a movie that’s too scary.” He laughed as the pillow already lay by my lap.

He searched shelf by shelf for a movie passing over so many. Finally his hand stopped over one as he pulled it off the shelf. He quickly switched the DVD out of the DVD player as I waited to see what would be his choice for my torture. At the root menu I breathed a little easier; he had chosen The Final Destination. I hadn’t seen this one but the others hadn’t freaked me out that much. What bothered me were all the gore ridden scenes.

Alex turned to me and asked, “Are you ok with this? Have you seen it before?”

“It’s fine and no I haven’t seen it yet but I have seen the others. Before you ask yes those movies did freak me out a bit.” I mumbled at the thought of all the gore.

Alex just simply laughed as he pressed play. Taking his seat once again we were on opposite ends of the couch silent. The pillow started to cover my face as after the boy had the visions of how they would all meet their demise. To make it worse it seemed this movie was the goriest of all the final destinations. Softly in the background I thought I heard Alex laughing. As the movie carried on I was spending more and more time with my head in the pillow afraid of what I would see if I looked up. Though, the pillow was uncomfortable and starting to make me sneeze.

Then I felt a sudden presence right by my side, and suddenly the pillow was gone from my face. On the TV some girl was about to die in a car wash afraid of what could happen I turned into the closest cover. The cover just so happened to be Alex’s chest. I could feel myself blushing as I realized this, and then I felt him hold me to him. It felt secure and safe, but was this too much since we were only friend. I couldn’t argue with myself further as I heard some screams and burrowed myself further into him to ignore whatever could be going on in the scene. I tried to ignore the horror of the gore that bothered my weak stomach and focus on the peace and comfort of where I was.

Next thing I knew the song from the root menu was playing as the title of special features was now underlined. I looked above me seeing Alex with his eyes closed. We had both somehow managed to fall asleep. I started to move away softly until I realized his arm was still around me. Seeing as I realized this too late Alex was now staring down at me awake. He blinked a few times as his face broke into a smile when he realized where his arm was and just how close we were. He moved away letting me go and got up to remove the DVD. The silence between us was becoming the slightest bit tense.

“I guess we both fell asleep huh?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, funny I never thought I could fall asleep during a scary movie.” I replied.

“I can’t believe you were getting so freaked out over The Final Destination.” He laughed at me again.

“Whatever, it’s really all the gore and I have a weak stomach okay.” I laughed back

“Uh huh? Sure, maybe you’re just very easily frightened, like a scardy cat.” He teased me.

“Shut up Alex. He what time is it?” I asked quickly.

“Umm…………eleven fifteen. Oh crap it’s late.” He said startled

“Yeah, but my curfew hasn’t passed yet. I have to get home already though.” I quickly replied standing to leave.

“Okay are you going to call your dad?” he questioned.

“Actually you’re not that far from my house so I thought I’d walk home.” I answered calmly

“Emily, are you out of your mind!? Walk home at this time! No way if you want to walk home I’m walking with you.” He argued against me.

“Then what you get to walk back home by yourself? No way, is it just because I’m a girl.” I said arguing back.

He looked troubled and dialed a number on his phone. He went into the next room talking fast. When he came back he told me, “That was my dad. I’ll walk you home then call him and he’ll swing by to pick me up once I get there. Ok?”

“Fine that works too.” I answered, and then added. “Thank you.”

Alex just smiled my favorite smile as he held the front door open for us to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well i hope you like how that went and ill update as soon as possible. Also i would greatly appreciate any comments you have. Subscribe too!