Status: Anyone have a new name for the story I'm open to suggestions?

The Pain We Feel

6. My Weekend =)

As I walked through the door to third he was already sitting there in his desk. I could feel the biggest smile wanting to spread across my face, but I held it in as much as I could. I sat down, and his body turned to face mine in an amazing speed. Maybe I wasn’t the only one who had been anxious, if only. I studied his face as a puzzling look crossed over his smile, something was on his mind. Trying to get his attention so I could be in the know I tried to hit his arm but accidentally bumped him all the way down to his elbow. He tried to contain a look of aching pain, but I still saw it. Then he opened his mouth to speak, and just our luck the teacher called for everyone to turn around and take notes. It started to feel like the whole day was happily conspiring against me. In a reluctant manner he turned around to face the front. Taking notes would definitely seem much longer than usual, and it just continued to aggravate me till I felt like screaming. Finally, she gave us our assignments, and I had never been happier than to see a page number and its problems.

“Hey.” Alex called, his desk already facing mine.

“Hey. So how’s your day been?” I questioned.

“Slow. What about yours?” he claimed.

“The same actually. It feels like the days just been dragging on by.” I admitted freely.

“Yeah, and its being slow on a Friday to top it off. I mean shouldn’t time move faster today.” He grumbled making me laugh.

“I know I hate when the weekend starts off like this.” I mumbled.

“Speaking of the weekend…um…Do you have any plans yet?” he questioned quietly with a shyness I had never seen in him before. He wouldn’t even look me in the eyes.

“Um……no not really. I mean I might hang out with my friend Jen, and probably just stay at home, nothing too exciting. Why do you ask?” I retorted after confessing about my boring weekend. Then feeling like an idiot when I should have asked what his plans were instead.

His words interrupted my aggravated thoughts as he spoke softly, “oh, because I was thinking that maybe we could h-hang out or something you know as f-friends since we’ve never really hung out before. Maybe we could do something Saturday?” he finished his eyes were full of hope for my answer as he waited.

“Yeah sure, Saturday sounds perfect. Tomorrow it is.” I attempted to contain my enthusiasm. My mind barely having time to really puzzle over the words he for some reason stumbled over.

A smile crossed his face and I returned it immediately. We started to discuss possible ideas of what to do tomorrow, till we finally came to an agreement. We could order pizza and watch a few movies at his house. He said his dad wouldn’t mind, and would probably be at work either way. Then, we started to debate about times and finally met halfway settling for four. I told him I would do my best to get there on time and I knew I most definitely would. He just said that whatever time I could was fine, and to just ring the bell when I got there. The bell suddenly rang annoyingly as the period had come to an end.

“Was it me or did this period seem to go by much faster? It was probably just me huh?” he questioned.

“No, I felt it that way too. Maybe that’s just how some math classes are?” I stupidly claimed knowing that it wasn’t my real reason at least.

“I think it’s just because of you.” He quietly whispered as we left the classroom, I doubted that I had heard him correct. His voice was so low I was positive it hadn’t been meant for my ears to hear. I did my best to act as if I hadn’t heard a word.

Too soon we had arrived at the cafeteria, and it was time for us to part ways. He hugged me again, and lingered just slightly longer than yesterday. Then again just like yesterday he let go far too soon, I never wanted him to let go. As he walked away he waved, and I merely stared as he got farther away. When he was nearly out of sight he pulled something from inside his pocket, and it shined brightly in the sunlight with a rectangular shape. It couldn’t be what my mind was automatically assuming it was. There was simply no way, and must have just been a trick of my mind.

I made my way through the cafeteria in a daze till I found Jen. I just sat down across form her not saying a word. I kept trying to get it all out of my mind. I mean the whole idea was wrong it was a lie. I couldn’t make my thoughts stop so I could concentrate long enough to do what I was supposed to. I felt someone shaking my shoulder, and I turned to face Jen. I hadn’t even notice her go from sitting in front of me to kneeling beside me trying to shake me from the nightmare in my head. Her face was full of concern as she stared at me. I don’t know what my face showed in return, but I just felt her hug me tight as if she was trying to see if it would make this horrible feeling disappear.

“Emily, what happened? Why are you shaking? Tell me what’s going on, please?” she begged me. I started to hear what she said, and realized that I was shaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I'm hopping to be done with chapter 8 by tonight. Hope more people will read and subscribe or Comment! Please, would mean a lot to me!!