Status: NEW AND IMPROVED RE-WRITE CURRENTLY BEING POSTED ON AVENGED SEVENFOLD FANFICTION. LINK IN SUMMARY.

Sshh, Be Quiet.

Bored!

Bored eyes scanned the computer screen, looking for something interesting. Nothing came for a while. The man looking at the laptop closed it up, then leaned back in his chair, lighting a cigarette. He inhaled the nicotine deeply, leaning back and closing his eyes as he exhaled the smoke. He had been alone for a while, which was suddenly broken by a door bursting open, killing the silence.

“Dude, Brian, get dressed, we’re going out.”

Brian spun in his chair looking at the shorter man in his doorway. Black hair, snakebits, and a ring through his nose, dressed all in black as usual.

“Zacky! Do you know how to knock?”

“No. Now get dressed, we’re bored as hell and need something to do.”

“Fine, I will, when you get the fuck out of my room.”

Zacky rolled his eyes and walked out, closing the door behind him. Brian, or as he preferred to be called by the short version of his stage name, Syn, got up and changed into blue jeans and a black t-shirt. He pulled on shoes and a baseball cap and went downstairs where his friends sat.

“Okay, where are we going?” he asked, seeing the four men just sitting.

“Yeah, where are we going Zacky? You ran and got us all up to go out, and we don’t even know where to go,” Matt said.

“Guys, we need to do something. We’re going insane with boredom here,” Zacky said.

“Well, you have fun figuring out where to go. There’s a 40 in the fridge with my name on it,” the youngest of the group, Johnny, said.

“Well, Zacky, you wanted the time off.”

“Brian, shut up,” Zacky said, throwing a pillow at Brian.

“Well we need to do something, otherwise we’ll have to listen to Rev singing about grapes some more,” Zacky said. “That’s not fun.”

The Rev, AKA Jimmy responded by throwing his own pillow at Zacky. Brian went and sat out on the porch to finish his cigarette. He began thinking. They did need something to do. They still had two more weeks left before they were due back into the studio to record. He took a walk to grab the mail, hearing a voice behind him as he flipped through it.

“Synyster Gates?”

Brian turned to see a kid wearing an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt. Living in a regular suburban neighborhood, of course fans will appear out of nowhere.

“Yep, that’s me.”

“Dude, you guys are so awesome…” the kid started, and he went on for about a full minute about how awesome the band is. “Can I get an autograph?”

“Sure you can.”

A few minutes later the kid was gone off down the street, happily singing. It hit Brian like a slap in the face. Fan interaction? It would be different. He ran back inside and up to his room to think. He turned on his laptop, surfing the internet quickly trying to think.

“Come on, where was it?” he asked himself, frantically searching through his history. “Aha.”

He pulled up the webpage and he read through it. There was a house close by to where they were that was supposedly haunted. Brian thought it would be something interesting and different. He printed it out and ran back to the others, who were absorbed with the TV.

“Hey guys, you know how we need something fun? I’ve got it,” he said, flashing the paper.

“Gates, what are you talking about?” Matt said, cocking an eyebrow.

“Something interesting. Something fun. Something pretty different than what we’re doing right now. You know that old house on 28th street?”

“Oh, I know that one. The one that’s, like haunted,” Zacky said. “They say that sometimes, people challenge themselves to spend a week in there. But you can’t, because the people that tried, they never came back out, and were either dead, or just gone.”

“Wait, are you saying Syn wants us to risk our lives by staying in a haunted house?” Johnny piped up.

“What if we invited some fans, and we went in on Sunday?”

“Why fans?” Matt asked.

“Like I said, something different.”

“Inviting random fans to hang with us?”

“Hey, you yourself said that we need to meet more fans, Matt.”

“Well, Syn, I’d normally call you crazy, but this actually sounds interesting. Let’s try it. I mean if something crazy happens, we can always run out, right?” Matt said as he stood up next to Brian. “Let’s put out a message for nearby fans to e-mail us.”

“I’m on it,” Syn said, running back upstairs.

He got back on his computer, signing into the band’s Myspace page. He posted a blog, and planned out how he would pick who would come with.

“Call me the king of the weird ass ideas,” he said to himself, wearing a proud grin.

“Ok, king of weird ass ideas,” someone said from the door.

Brian turned and saw Jimmy there.

“Well, it’s better than hearing you sing the ‘grapes in the mouth’ song,” he said, turning back around to read some of the comments that were already coming in.