Status: NEW AND IMPROVED RE-WRITE CURRENTLY BEING POSTED ON AVENGED SEVENFOLD FANFICTION. LINK IN SUMMARY.

Sshh, Be Quiet.

Who Doesn't Believe?

The next time Lisa opened her eyes, she saw light filtering through the boarded up windows. She let out a sigh of relief that another night was over. As she didn’t want to believe the house was actually haunted, she was still scared of the nights after what’s been happening. She grabbed her glasses and sat up in bed. Brian appeared to still be asleep, so Lisa got up and slowly walked out of the room. She went downstairs to see that Matt was the only one awake, sitting at the table wearing only a pair of jeans.

“Morning,” Matt said, looking up from his bowl of cereal.

“Morning,” Lisa replied, going for the coffee pot.

There was a moment of silence, with the exception of silverware clinking as Lisa stirred a couple spoonfuls of sugar into her coffee. She then turned towards Matt and opened her mouth to talk, but stopped as she saw Matt looking at her.

“What?” she asked.

“Have you noticed anything weird at night?” he asked.

“Why? Have you?”

“Maybe. Just answer me.”

Lisa cocked an eyebrow at Matt at his sudden display of a demanding demeanor. “Yes, last night, Brian’s computer was getting instant messages. I assumed it was one of you guys because a couple of your song lyrics were quoted. But Brian said that you guys don’t really anonymously send each other messages. Then he noted that there was no internet connection the whole time. It was like something possessed his computer.”

As Lisa spoke, she could notice Matt’s expression change. Changing from disbelief to worry.

“Jimmy said the same thing happened to him the other night.”

Lisa grabbed her coffee and sat at the table next to Matt. Both knew the other was being serious.

“Do you really think this place is haunted?” Lisa asked.

“I don’t really believe in that shit, so I’m not the one to talk to about it.”

“Matt, you were there with all of us when that thing happened with the TV. You can’t hack into a TV and make faces appear in the fuzz. If you don’t believe in ghosts, or any of that crap, then how do you explain the TV?” Lisa asked.

Matt gave Lisa a glare with a smirk, trying to be slightly intimidating as if he had an explanation. He had nothing to say though. Lisa continued to glare back at him, waiting for his answer.

“See? You can’t explain it.”

“Well if you’re scared of ghosts and shit, why did you come here? Or did you just come here because of us?”

Lisa cocked an eyebrow again at Matt.

“I’m not talking about that. I never said I was scared of ghosts and shit. Why are you bringing up the reason I’m here? Are you trying to avoid the question I asked about the TV?”

“No. I said I don’t believe in that shit.”

“Then explain the fucking TV, Matt,” Lisa said, returning her glare.

There was a moment of complete silence, as the two locked glares at each other. As if both were having a staring contest. A few minutes went by and Matt exhaled sharply.

“Okay, I can’t explain it, but that doesn’t mean I actually believe that it’s haunted.”

“Okay, whatever. You didn’t have to be an asshole about it and try to avoid the question,” Lisa said, standing up and heading out of the kitchen.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, watch who you’re calling an asshole,” Matt said at her back.

Lisa stopped and turned. “You know, you may be an intimidating guy, because you’re well-built and look like you can break someone in half, but know this: you don’t scare me at all.” She turned and walked out.

Lisa walked back upstairs to her room to shower and ran into Steph in the stairway.

“Morning, Steph,” Lisa said.

“Morning,” Steph said, sniffing. “Eww, coffee. Yuck.”

Lisa laughed and continued upstairs. “Be careful. Matt’s being quite the asshole this morning.”

“Okay then.”

Lisa walked into her room, and heard the shower water running. She grumbled to herself and walked back out of the room. Voices came from some of the other rooms, but no one opened any doors yet. Lisa went back to her room and flopped down on her bed, opening her book. A few minutes later, the water shut off, and moments after that, Brian exited the bathroom, dressed from the waist down.

“Morning,” he said.

“Morning,” Lisa said, going for the dresser to grab some clothes.

She ran into the bathroom and showered. Afterwards, she dressed, fixed her hair and went back downstairs. Select others were sitting around whereas the rest were probably showering. Light chatter filled the room, and the drone of the TV filled the living room. Lisa went and sat by Steph and Jenna, butting into their conversation, yet watching everyone else.

To her, it seemed as if they’ve all experienced something crazy here, yet don’t want to believe it, or they just don’t want to talk about it. Only two days had gone by, and stuff was already happening. Lisa looked at the others, wondering what they were thinking about the house. As she wondered, she suddenly wanted to go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long guys. Thanks for all your comments though. I really appreciate them. :)