Status: NEW AND IMPROVED RE-WRITE CURRENTLY BEING POSTED ON AVENGED SEVENFOLD FANFICTION. LINK IN SUMMARY.

Sshh, Be Quiet.

Getting Settled.

Lisa drew a piece of paper out of the hat, looked at it, then paused, looking at Matt.

“Who’d you get?” he asked.

“Syn Gates,” Lisa said.

Lisa watched as Brian grinned, then went and stood next to her. She couldn’t help but blush as he treated her like he knew her his whole life. He casually rested his arm on her shoulder. Matt held the hat towards Steph, and she drew.

“The Rev,” she said, reading off her paper.

Jimmy stepped over next to Steph. “Sup, roomie?” he asked, getting a giggle from Steph.

Matt then held the hat out towards Jenna, and she reached in, grabbing a piece of paper.

“Johnny,” she said.

Johnny stood next to Jenna, and Matt held the hat towards Korynn. She reached in and picked out one of the last two pieces of paper.

“Zacky,” she said, slightly higher pitched than normal.

“Well, I guess that leaves Shelbi with me,” Matt said. “All the rooms are the same, so let’s all go get settled in our rooms, then we’ll meet back here for lunch.

The group of ten went upstairs two-by-two, and split off into the rooms. Lisa followed Brian into one of them, and she set her suitcase down by one of the beds. For some reason, she felt awkward.

“So, Lisa right?”

Lisa looked up at him, meeting his dark eyes. Her mind was telling her that he was just a normal human, but she couldn’t get on the right train of thought.

“Uhh…yeah.”

“You ok?”

“Yeah,” she said, telling herself to be cool.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. I doubt there’s anything weird about this house. So, why’d you want to do this?” he asked, sitting on his bed.

“I thought it would be cool. I mean, you guys are awesome, and to do something like this, it’s different and very cool.”

“Cool, cool. So, uhh, tell me more about yourself.”

“I’m going to school for law enforcement. I wanna be a cop. I’m twenty-two, turning twenty-three next week. I love music, as you can probably tell.”

“Law enforcement huh? Sounds pretty cool. Any heroes?”

“Erm…well, music is something I love, and a lot of my heroes are in the music business, and…umm…you’re one of them.”

“So that might slightly explain the blushing?”

Lisa went bug eyed, knowing she was busted. “Yeah, maybe,” she said, trying to cover it up with a laugh.

Lisa wasn’t the only one being awkward. In the next room, Zacky and Korynn were getting acquainted. Zacky was asking her questions, trying to learn more, and she was doing the same as Lisa. Trying to stop the blushing. She busied herself with organizing the few things in the room while she talked to Zacky. Two more rooms down, Shelbi and Matt were getting to know each other as well. Again, same thing, Shelbi being slightly nervous, especially when her entry had ‘PS. I love M. Shadows!’ at the end of it.

The pairs stayed in their rooms for close to an hour before they started appearing downstairs. Steph nudged Lisa in the side, and gave her a wiggly eyebrow look. Korynn volunteered to make lunch, and started grabbing boxed meals and cooking them for the group. After lunch, they settled to watch TV. There wasn’t much besides basic cable, so it was difficult. With some smart packing though, they were soon playing video games, taking turns going rounds and stuff.

Soon enough, beer started to flow through the five men, and as the first evening progressed and dinner passed, it was getting a bit more wild. Not completely out of control, but enough to be decently entertaining. Brian had been pouring shots for people, begging for them to take shots with him. Lisa was dozing off on one of the chairs, nearly asleep when Brian just about crawled on top of her.

“What the hell?” she asked, snapping awake.

“Take the shot,” Brian said.

Lisa blinked, looking at the man hovered over her, holding a shot glass.

“No, I’m not thirsty,” she said.

“Take it. Please take this shot?”

“If you get off me.”

“I will, if you take the shot.”

Lisa sighed and grabbed the shot glass out of his hand. She downed the shot, and handed it back to Brian, who proceeded to just about fall off the chair onto the floor. Everyone began to laugh and Lisa got up.

“I’m going to bed,” she said as she headed for the stairs.

“Yeah, I think we should all hit the beds. It’s been quite a long first day,” Matt said.

“Dude, who died and made you boss around here?” Jimmy asked.

“Umm, I did now,” Matt said, wearing a smile of accomplishment.

Lisa went to the bedroom, grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a tank top from her suitcase, then went into the bathroom to change and brush her teeth. She walked out seeing Brian shirtless, digging through his suitcase. She swallowed the lump that had risen in her throat, and, ignoring her stomach that had flipped over, she crawled into bed, took off her glasses, and rolled over.

“Goodnight,” she said, dozing off almost instantly.