Chronicles of the Accursed One: Fatal Ties

Chapter 5: Certainty

~Angelus~

The stairs extended in a spiral manner downwards for quite some time. I knew this would be an all day ordeal, but the Princess knew this as well I'm sure or she would not have allowed me to come in here. The journey down would take close to an hour alone. A lot of time for me to figure out what it is I am looking for.

Finally, I find an unlit torch after several minutes and take it from its handle. I look up and stay quiet for a few minutes making sure no one was around. No sounds, or a thing seems to stir. I take my hand and extend my pointing and middle finger. I concentrate for a moment looking at the end of the torch and think of a fire. It's very sound, the burning sensation of it's heat emitting off it's red surreal surface, everything about it. How it smells and tastes. Pushing my concentration further, I brought together it's very semblance upon the torch and it lit, lighting my path before me and giving me warmth in this cold stone area.

After which, I make my way down the winding stairs, my footsteps echoing throughout the empty path. My thoughts wander endlessly from subject to subject. My secrets, my knowledge, and my very existence in this world down to the minuscule details of how would i eat or what could make the roses look more vibrant? It is ever so cruel of me to even do this to myself. Why am I thinking about such meaningless things? I swore long ago that I would do anything to keep the princess safe. So why do I have this feeling of insecurity in my stomach as if a small ember is burning away at my confidence?

"Baaah! Out with the it! Enough! Che," I say out loud out of anger. I hate that I can so easily find myself thinking about so many useless things. What is it that has come over these past few days?! I've done nothing but reminisce of the old days even during a battle to the death! "I feel so hopeless." I chuckle as if agreeing with myself.

I continue on down those empty steps thinking about the many times I entered without permission. I can remember the marble flooring down below and how cold the polished wood of the shelves felt beneath my fingertips. I can remember the ghastly sounds of the moaning trees that grew in the furthest reaches of this hidden chamber as an unknown wind blew gently. These trees allowed the air to remain somewhat fresh even though dust and dirt filled my nostrils rather easily. What remained clear in my mind was one sight. Far to the north, I calculated somewhere below the northern walls deep into the forested grounds of the castle, their lies a monumentally large double door, ornately designed with gold and silver and dull stone. Through it's crack at the center I remember seeing a spectacle that would render the magic weilders of old to become speechless. A dim light shining from a giant crystal covered in intertwining metal that resembled much like vines wrapping themselves around a wall. At it's center, a shaded figure unrecognizable to me, remained still as if frozen inside a cocoon.

As each step resonated softly, I begin to hear drops of water. A signal stating that I was near. It meant that I am coming close to just below the fountain and another twenty minutes before I make it to this dark chamber.

~Princess Calena Marcia Clair~

What did I just do!?! Why am I so flustered to see his face? I'm embarassed, aren't I? Yes! That has to be it. I'm so embarassed about that dream that I don't want to show him. Oh my gods, do I wish this idiotic torment would end!

I sit down finally after running into the grand hall of the Fore-Castle, burying my face into my hands trying to pull myself together. I can hear footsteps coming. Angelus? Oh gods, please let it not be him!

Peaking through my hands I see it isn't. It is Eunji. Maybe she grew worried when I ran off like that. Possibly. She cries out to me, "Your majesty! Are you ok?" After finally catching up to me she kneels and takes my hands looking at me, concern deeply shown on her cute little face.

"I'm sorry, Eunji. I didn't mean to worry you. I'm fine. I promise." I smile gently as I always do to calm this little girl. She doesn't understand me as well as I do. No one does except maybe Angelus. A troublesome thing when I want to trick him, but eh, what can I do about that one?

"Ok. I will take your word for it, your highness." She stood and bowed before continuing to talk. "I met Adrien along the way. The head of the knights is in a meeting with His Majesty the King. His Majesty wishes that you would attend this meeting because he wishes that you begin to learn from his example."

It brought out a memory of our last meeting when he told me he was bringing in suitors. "You will learn to become a queen, my daughter. You've been pampered far too much and had no worries for so long. I do not want to thrust you in to a world of dimplomacy like this but it is necessary." I sigh deeply feeling my age for once. I'm a young lady, daughter of the King of Izol. I have to become much more lady-like for my father and the future of my people. My father is right, though. It's time I think about the people like I said I would instead of playing around without a care.

With yet another sigh, I stand, take in a deep breath and as I open my eyes, I say, "Show me where they are, Eunji." With that said, she took a bow and lead the way out of the grand hall, up a flight of stairs and into a tower.

Eunji stopped at the heavy wooden door that lead into the meeting room. She opened it and said, "I will wait for you here, your majesty."

"No." She looked up at me slightly worried. I simply smiled and said, "You are my personal servant. What they have to say to me, you will have to know as well. Is it not your job to know every aspect of my life so as to serve me to the best of your abilities?"

She smiled softly bowing her head, her ears visibly turning red. "Yes your majesty. Excuse my momentary weakness of mind."

I smiled once more and entered, Eunji at my heels. I lied to her only because I do not want to be alone with them. I want someone I knew closely in here while I learn. I would much rather prefer Angelus here considering he is so much smarter than I, but I saw that he had something important he wanted to know. I could not stop him. Especially considering how I was, I could not stop him. Besides, he needs this break. After all the adventures I've gone through with him, he deserves a break.

I looked at my father who sat upon his ornate chair at the opposite end of the long room. He sat facing the doorway that I just entered with his back to a small ember of a fire. To his right was a smaller, less ornate chair reserved for me and to his left was the Head of his personal knights, Adrien Van Hugh. A young man, handsome in his own ways with blonde hair. He has a swuare jaw showing his pride, but his eyes were alight with a young flame that showed his impatience as a youth. Just like me, in a sense, he was out to prove something and to serve his people at any cost.

"You are somewhat late, my daughter," said my father with a deep and stern tone.

I bow to him, saying, "I apologize, father. I came as soon as I heard."

"Then let this meeting commence in a few moments once the Senior Head of the Army has arrived as well."

I walk over to my seat asking, "What would this meeting partain to?"

My father looked up at me in the most frightening gaze I have yet to encounter. "Shade."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooooooo!~

Teh heh. I hope to keep you into it. So many thoughts I had to write down I had to organize myself out ALOT before I could start writing up the next chapters. I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to subscribe if you really like it. Comments always welcomed. (I COMMAND THEE! COMMENT OR BE TICKLED BY MY FEATHER!!! LMAO)