Status: Re-Write of Summer Wine

The Best Deceptions

Stolen

The floor was cold as I ran across it, the coldness only made me run quicker.

“You little shit!” Bam laughed as he chased after me.

“I am not!” I laughed, we were playing tag with flashlights at Ville’s tower. He and Sarah went out for dinner and Sarah’s apartment was back up for rent so we‘re here.

A white patch of light appeared on my stomach and Bam’s eyes lit up.

“Tag! You’re it!” He yelled then ran for his life.

I have to admit, the little bugger can hide like nobody’s business. I walked through the house, it’s creepy when it’s dark and Bam was nowhere to be found.

“Bam? Where are you?” I called, hoping he would surrender and not leave me alone.

“Right here!” He jumped out of the darkness and threw me over his shoulder, running though the dark house like a madman. The blood was rushing to my head.

“You’re a jerk, you know that?” I joked.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” He replied sweetly.

“Yes I do.” I replied causing him to laugh. He put me down, laced his fingers with mine and led me into the living room.

“Want to watch a movie?”

I glanced at the giant stack of movies Ville had, It’s pretty impressive. “Uh, yeah.”

Bam went to rummage through the movies. I sat on the couch and made myself comfy. Bam was shirtless he wore only his plaid pajama pants. I smiled as I watched him stumble on his way to put the movie in the DVD player. He pressed play then shuffled his feet across the hardwood floor to get back to me. He sat down and pulled me close to his side.

He kissed the top of my head and this was nice. Bam and I met a few months ago through a series of unfortunate events that led to us dating which was fortunate. I’m glad I came here, I thought he had finally gone completely mad when he invited me to Finland. He explained though, and I decided to take a few weeks off from work and go. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I met some of the best people in the world, ate some really good food and got Bam all to myself.

“Can I ask you a question?” Bam said, his voice was small and shaky like he was scared. It felt strange to see such a tough person look so vulnerable.

I stared up at him, his eyes seemed bright and hopeful. I smiled a small smile of encouragement, “Of course, sweetie.”

He bit his lip for a second, “I know we haven’t been together that long and I just can’t seem to get enough of you…so I was wondering, if maybe you wanted to move in with me?” He spat the last words out like they were poisonous. I smiled and ran my hand down the side of his face. He smiled half-heartedly.

“I don’t know…”

“I promise I’ll take care of you. You don’t even have to share a room with me, I can give you your own room I just…“ He sighed a shaky breath, “want to spend as much time with you as I can. We don‘t get much time to ourselves thanks to work, friends and parents but this will fix things.”

I smiled the biggest smile I could, “I‘ll move in with you and I want to share a room with you.”

His eyes lit up and he jumped to the edge of his seat, “Really?”

“Yes.” I said meekly. He wrapped his arms around me.

“I was scared you were going to say no and then that would have hurt my feelings. I hate not getting to see you everyday and it just seemed right. I mean, I love you what can go wrong?”

I ruffled his hair, “I love you too.”

I’d never heard him be so…loving but I could really get used to it. I hope he never stops.

You have stolen my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo, a break from Ville and Sarah was pretty refreshing and I'm willing to bet that miss lilah is happy, at least I hope so. It was kind of weird for Bam to be all scared and stuff but that happens to tough guys when they get with good girls. : ]

Title Cred: Stolen by Dashboard Confessional