Status: Re-Write of Summer Wine

The Best Deceptions

Am I A Fool?

Ville rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, “Okay, let’s meet at the shop tomorrow and I’ll show you the ropes.”

I smiled, “Okay.”

We sat in an awkward silence for a moment before I gained the courage to break it.

“I’m sorry for leaving.” I felt the need to apologize to him until my lungs turned to dust or he forgave me, whichever comes first.

The look that came after this I thought would shatter my already broken heart.

“I hope so.” The tone of his voice was sub-zero.

“We brought beer!” A very happy Mige said as he burst into the room holding two cases of beer. Thank God for Mige.

I knew I would regret tonight, I could already tell.

“Let’s get out of here, we have to have a real party. Not this bullshit.” A slightly drunk Linde suggested. I was prepared to watch him come out of his shell, as he always does when alcohol is involved.

----

It’s now more than ever that I realize exactly what I left behind. To see my ‘use to be best friends’ having fun without me and the ‘use to be of my life’ flirting shamelessly with other girls. It felt like I was watching him cheat on me and there was nothing I could do.

I grabbed the half full bottle of beer and forced my way out of the club. The cool night air was comforting. I sat down on the pavement.

“I don’t know why I ever thought this would work.” I said to myself before pressing the glass bottle to my lips, letting the horrid drink wash away my cares and inhibitions as well.

“Because it will work.” Mige said as he sat next to me.

“I don’t know…” I said as I shook my head.

He shook his head, “Sarah, you guys can work this out. You didn’t cheat on him, you didn’t do anything wrong, you wanted to leave and he didn’t. It’s as simple as that. You two are the most stubborn people I know but one of you came around, thank God. This will work. Give it time.”

I sighed a deep sigh, “It’s not that easy.”

“Nothing worth having is easy.” He smiled his most comforting smile.

“I used to think you were full of shit.” I said causing him to laugh loudly.

“I’m never full of shit. I’m full of beer, but not shit.” He grinned, I shoved him playfully. He looked off into the distance then back at me.

“I don’t have the slightest clue how to do this.”

He patted my back, “You just have to go do it, there’s no planning with things like these.”

“He’s never going to forgive me.”

“Stop! Just stop, don’t think about it. Sarah you’re gonna think this whole thing right into it’s grave. Finish your beer and go back in there.” He said as he pushed my beer to my face.

I drank it all in one drink.

“I can do this.” I said as I jumped up from the pavement.

“Yeah!” Mige yelled as he followed me back into the club.

I go dancin' on the ceiling sometimes, it's always fun but I get scared of the climb will you catch my fall? Sometimes I act a fool, am I a fool?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Killin' It by Foxy Shazam
Yay for Mige! He was the sweet brotherly figure.
Comment Please, it encourages me.
: ]