Status: Re-Write of Summer Wine

The Best Deceptions

I'm Lucky I Know, but I Want To Go Home

And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don‘t know how.

I listened intently as Lauren faked like she was some skater kid. She called Bam’s 800 number and gave them the information they asked for.

I wanted him to find me. Ada crawled into my lap, her small head laid on my shoulder. She pulled at a loose strand of my hair. Soon there wouldn’t be any room for her in my lap.

I smiled at the thought of my growing stomach. It was a small bump right now but within a few months it would become large. I hoped that this time I would be a boy. I would name him Emery, if it were another girl…I would let Ville decide.

I could sleep well knowing when I woke Ville would be here.

-----

I was sitting on the couch drinking tea when he arrived. Butterflies rose in my stomach as the door opened. Ada jumped up and in the blink of an eye she wrapped her arms around Ville’s neck. He hoisted her into the air, she buried her face in his neck.

Ville sat his backpack down next to the door and smiled at me. I returned his smile and put my hand on my stomach. It’s a reflex now and a sure sign that by the time I gave birth to the child my stomach would be gigantic.

Ville sat Ada down and made his way to me. I stood up and the awkward advance was made. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. There was his sweet familiar scent, a confusion of cigarettes and cologne. He kissed the top of my head.

I knew at that very moment that I could spend forever in this man’s arms. He was everything I could and would ever want.

His arms loosened allowing me to look up at him, my eyes cloudy with tears.

I sighed, struggling not to cry, “I wanna go home.” I whispered with heartbroken vocal chords.

“I’m already home, wherever you are is home to me.” He said then kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This seems like a logical point to end this on. This has been great! And I love you guys!

Title Cred: Home - Michael Buble