Collide

Wait!

“Babe, wait!” I yelled from the bedroom, as I pushed past the other man; whose name I have forgotten. “Babe!” I breathed.
“What, what do you want James? An 'its okay, you only cheated on me' or a 'don't worry about it, well just look past this.' Well, sorry I can't give you that satisfaction, nor could I ever. Goodbye James,” he said solemnly, his silver-green eyes peering into me with pain written on his face.
“I-” I started, but it was to late, his figure had already slithered into the small space of the closing elevator door.

* * *

Two days later:

“Tristen, listen, I know your there listening to this, and I know your probably sitting in that nasty futon you love so much, drinking Mountain Dew and eating strawberries. So that must mean I really hurt you, but I am sorry. I know there isn't anything I can say, or do that will make it better, that can take away what I did. I just want you to know.” I paused as I heard the line click
“Stop wasting your breath, James. I am not sitting here doing any of that, I'm packing. I'm going back to where I came from, where I should have stayed.”
“No, Tristen, wait.” Click, The line fell dead, a small static-filled hum buzzed through the ear piece. “Fuck!” I screamed, as many faces turned towards me in the small Starbucks. I lowered my head down as the only line I could remember ran through my head again. Where I should have stayed.

* * *

“Tristen, you know you don't want to go through with this.” I heard Erica shout at me as I rummaged through drawers of clothes, throwing mid sized amounts of it into my suit case.
“Your damn fucking right I don't, but...I'm hurt, I'm hurt and I didn't even know I could be in so much pain.” I yelled back as I closed the first of my three newly bought suitcases. “I mean, do you know how much it took for me not to just tell him, I was fine, and I just wanted to hold him? Huh?” I spat, anger seeping from my pores, as I bolted around her and grabbed a picture of me and James from my nightstand. “Look,” I said as I pointed to our faces. “I am not just walking away from this,” as I drew a small circle around James' face. His smile lighting up the dimly lit ballroom, of our 2 year anniversary. “I am having to push myself with every ounce of power I have, so don't tell me, I don't want to go through with it.”
“Wow, I'm...sorry, Trish.” Erica said softly as she wrapped her arms around me, my body exploding into sobs as I felt the salty tears leave my eyes.
“I can't do it, I can't...I don't wanna leave all for some guy.” I breathed against her neck.
“Trish, you know he isn't just some guy...he was 'the' guy.” Erica said as she lightly kissed the top of my head. I just nodded, burying my face down deeper into her shoulder. She was right, every moment of everyday, he crossed my mind. His face haunting my dreams, his eyes lighting up the darkest of nights, his very essence gripping me tight. I was in love, and it terrified me. “Okay, just go get some rest, will talk about it in the morning, okay? So for now, your trip is postponed.” she said with a wink.
“Okay, fine.” I said as I wiped the soggy tears from my face. “I'll see you in the morning,”
“Okay, night hun.” she said, then turned to walk out the door. I just stood there, holding the picture of us in my hands, tears once again welling behind my eyes. I can't love another, not when all my love has been spent on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is my first sorta hardcore romance, so tell me what you think, and there might be more to come.