True Blue.

Me.

Most people tell me I look like my mother, I have her hair and her skin. Yet, whenever I would grab the length of my hair and hold it under my nose, they would laugh and say I was the spitting image of my father. So who am I most like? I've been asking myself this question for years.

When I was born, I had bright blue eyes and white blonde hair. When my siblings where born they both had a mess of brown curls and brown eyes. My sister used to say I had mutant genes- my brother liked this term and would call me a mutant whenever he found it appropriate. It wasn't until a few years ago that I found out that both my grandpas had blue eyes and that I got my blonde hair from my dad's side of the family. I now have long brown hair.

I suppose you could call my parents a case of opposites attract, my mum is from the city and my dad is from the country. There's a saying; 'you can take the boy from the country but you can't take the country form the boy'. It's right to a certain extent, I sometimes think the 'country gene' also got passed on.

I say this because my family lives in the eastern suburbs, but on the outer edge, so we are suburban people, yet my mother and sister love the city while my father and I love driving on windy and gravel roads. We love going to the country side and also love four wheel driving.

From this close analysis I'd say that yes, I look like my mother, but I act like my father. That and I feel much more at home where my dad grew up then where my mother did; even though I've spent most of my life visiting my mother's old house.