Status: Hiatus

I'm Not OKay because You Don't Love Me.

Chapter 3

“Hey Mikey!” Frank shouted as he walked in the door. I stood in the hallway like Mikey and I had planned. He was going to announce a surprise, and that would be my cue to walk into the living room.

“Hey guys,” Mikey’s voice said. He listened as they told him some news, and I grew even more nervous as Mikey cleared his throat.

“Oh, hey, I have a surprise,” Mikey finally said. I took a deep breath, but I couldn’t move forward. I couldn’t face my old friends, especially after the way I treated them two weeks ago.

~POV: Frank~
“What’s the surprise?” Ray asked, looking confused. I looked around also. Nothing seemed new, but there was definitely a different feel to the place. Mikey looked irritated and confused at the same time as he walked into the hallway. I looked toward Ray and Bob, who looked back at me as we heard Mikey muttering with someone.

“Just come on,” I heard him whisper as he walked back into the room. He was holding someone’s wrist. The person finally came out, and I gasped, as did Ray and Bob.

“Gerard,” I said, staring at him.

“H-hey,” he muttered, staring at the floor. Ray walked up to him instantly and slapped Gerard on the back, while Bob nodded at him. I couldn’t contain my excitement. I ran up to Gerard and tossed my arms around his neck. Gerard stumbled back slightly, obviously surprised by my reaction.

“I don’t deserve that,” I heard him say, trying to push me off of him.

“Why not, you always loved getting a Frankie hug,” Ray said, confused.

“The was before I was a complete ass to you all,” Gerard replied. I backed away from him as he turned to face Ray.

“Gerard, you were depressed,” I started saying.

“That’s no excuse,” Gerard snapped back, grabbing at his hair.

“You weren’t well in the head,” Bob added. “We understand, and forgive you.”

“I don’t deserve it,” he mumbled, turning back to the hallway. Mikey, Bob, Ray and I all grabbed him and pulled him into the living room more, forcing him on the couch.

“Gerard, listen to me,” I said, my face inches from his. “You’re my best friend Gerard, I love you like the brother I never had. You, Mikey, Ray and Bob. You’re all family to me, and I’ll be damned if I let you keep on like this.” Ray and Bob nodded their heads in agreement.

“You forgave us Gerard,” Mikey said softly. “You accepted mine, Mom and Dad’s apologies, what’s so different with the three of them?”

“The put up with me by choice, and I turned out to be nothing but a selfish bastard who lost everything.” Gerard replied.

“That’s where we come in,” Bob said. “We’ll help you get your life back in order.”

“Help you get the truth on the kid,” I heard Mikey whisper to him, I’m not sure Ray or Bob did, but I knew we weren’t meant to, so I didn’t say anything.

“Hey, I know someone who’s really missed you,” I said suddenly, thinking. “I’ll be right back.”

~POV: Ray~
We watched as Frank ran out the door and to his car. Gerard looked over at us, confusion in his eyes.

“You know just about as much as we do bro,” Mikey told him.

“Wait, I know what he’s doing,” Bob said suddenly. “He said someone who woul be excited to see Gerard, Jamia wasn’t around 5 years ago, so she never met Gee, but someone was, and they loved Gerard so much he pissed himself every time he saw him.”

“Pep!” I exclaimed, realizing who Bob was talking about.

“He still has that dog?” Gerard asked, shocked.

“Gee, Frank will have that dog until the dog dies.” Mikey replied, a smile on his face.

“So, what’s going on?” Bob asked, looking between Mikey and Gerard.

“What do you mean?” Mikey asked in answer.

“Gerard visiting or what?” Bob cleared up.

“Hell no is he just visiting,” Mikey replied. “He’s living here now until he gets himself back up. Hell no was I letting him go back to that damn place to kill himself.”

“Just asking dude,” Bob said, looking sheepish. “No seriously though Gerard, whether you want it or not, you have my help.”

“And mine,” I added, nodding my head.

“I’m not going to say I don’t deserve it, but thank you none the less.” Gerard said, staring at the floor again.

“So, what’s with the kid Mikey mentioned?” Bob asked.

“You heard that?” Mikey asked, looking sheepish as well.

“We’re standing right here, yeah, we heard ya.” I said, crossing my arms. “Who’s the kid?”

“Possibly my son,” Gerard answered.

“Missy?” I asked. He nodded, looking me in the eye.

“That’s the Gerard I know,” I said, smiling and holding out my hand. He slapped his palm with mine and threw his other arm around my back as I did the same. “The dead center eye contact we’re all too used to seeing out of you.”

“My brother’s going to be back before we know it,” Mikey smiled. “When Frank get’s back, we’re celebrating!”

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway announce the return of Frank. A yapping told us he had in fact brought Peppers with him. He walked through the front door, the little Chihuahua in his arms. The dog sniffed and looked around, noticing the new scent right away. When he saw it was Gerard, he barked loudly and jumped from Frank’s arms, nearly hanging himself with his leash.

“Hang on nut ball,” Frank muttered, smiling at the dog as he yapped at Gerard. When his leash was taken off, Peppers ran straight up to Gerard and pumped up and down his leg, begging for Gerard to pick him up.

“Oh,” Gerard groaned when he scooped to pick him up. “I remember you.”

“He remembers you too it seems.” Frank said, laughing. Gerard gave him a look as he felt something tinkle on his arm.

“Yep, he definitely remembers me,” he muttered, putting the dog down and holding out his arm. We laughed as Gerard walked into the kitchen to clean it up.

“Peppers, when are you going to hold your bladder around him?” Frank asked the dog.
Peppers looked up at Frank with beady black eyes and his tongue sticking out slightly at the same time. When we heard Gerard walk back in, his arm was damp, but with water.

“Damn dog,” he muttered. Peppers looked up at him with a wagging tail. “Yes you,” He said, looking down at the dog. Peppers poised with his hind end in the air, kneeling with his front legs flat on the ground.

“What?” Gerard asked, his voice going playful. He got down on all fours in front of the dog and started shaking Pepper’s head by grabbing the dog’s nose.

“That’s definitely the Gerard we know,” Mikey said, smiling as he watched his brother.

“Let’s start looking for me some jobs,” Gerard said, looking up at them.

“I know something we can still do,” Frank said, reaching into his back pocket. “I knew we’d end up discussing this,” he started explaining. “so I grabbed this as a suggestion.” he unfolded a piece of paper, and we stared at it. A flyer announcing an old My Chemical Romance event. “I’m pretty sure we still have a pretty good sized fan base, all we have to do is make up some new stuff and get it back out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
update, this story is going just the way I want it too :D hopefully it stays that way
thanks for the comment and the subscription, more possibly?
more story coming as soon as I get it!