Status: ~One-Shot~

Warped Tour and It's Red-Heads

1/1

Alex Gaskarth always had a thing for gingers. He had made it obvious. Every boyfriend supported red hair. A few were natural red heads most weren't. He didn’t know what attracted him to ginger-haired males, but he was greatly attracted. You could ask him and you’d only get a shrug of the shoulders and an, ‘I don’t know,’ from him.

Alex heart was snagged by a red head last year's Warped Tour. His name was Caleb. Caleb Turman. He and Alex we're perfect. The key word is ‘were.’ There was one thing that drove them apart and only one.

Caleb smoked. Alex hated it when people smoked. Kissing Caleb, to Alex was like kissing an ashtray. Alex had tried to get him to quit but it never worked. Alex understood it would’ve been hard, but Caleb never tried. And Alex knew that, there was no way Caleb could lie and say he was. Alex couldn’t stand that and broke it off.

And now it was a year later and another Warped Tour. This years Warped had Alex pacing the bus, but this was normal. Warped had every band pumped, there was no way you could be sad, it was just impossible.

“Alex,” Jack called, “Calm down.”

He sighs and takes a seat, “Sorry, I just am so excited for Warped. I mean it’s always a blast.”

“That and there are two red heads, on the tour this year.” Zack smirks.

Alex blushes, “Yeah but there is no way me and Caleb are going to get back together. I can’t stand the smoke.”

“So, maybe you two may hook up a couple nights, when your hands get tired.” Rian says.

“Not gonna happen, Rian, I’d rather a relationship then a few one night stands.” Alex replies, looking angrily at Rian.

A little later the bus stops at the first day. They all walk out into the sun light. The sun was way to warm for all of there liking. They all stretch and walk around a bit.

“Well if it isn’t All Time Low?” A familiar voice yells.

They turn and smile as they see the members of Forever the Sickest Kids. Alex smile fell when his eyes landed on Caleb, who was putting his cigarette out. Alex eyes drifted back to the other members. Kyle and Jack quickly forming a conversation as did the rest of the guys there, leaving Caleb and Alex to talk.

They both looked awkwardly at each other as the silence set in. Alex eyes shifted from the floor to Caleb’s eyes. Alex bit his lip and attempted conversation, “Hey, Caleb, long time, no see?”

He nods, “Yeah, it’s been what, four months?”

“About, how’s everything going?” Alex asks, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, in attempt to give his mind something to work on.

“Everything good, you know, it’s the same old.” Caleb smiles, “What about you?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty much the same.”

Again the awkward silence sets in and both begin to rock back and forth on the balls of their feet.

“Um, I’m going to go say hi to some other people, okay? I’ll talk to you later.” He waves and jogs off to find some other people. Any one but Caleb, there were still so many things left unsaid with him, that he didn’t even want to start. He had finally gotten the wounds to mend, he wasn’t about to go and rip them open again.

Alex goes in search of some of his other friends he had made at last years Warped and other tours. He smiles when his eyes on a female figure with two toned hair. He goes up behind her and hugs the feminine figure.

“Hey Cass!” Alex smiles, laying his chin on her shoulder, nuzzling into her, “It’s nice to see you again.”

Cassadee turns around in his arms and hugs back. “Hey don’t you have some red head you should be harassing?” She jokes.

Alex smile falls, slightly annoyed that everyone is bring his past relation with Caleb up.

“Hey, cheer up, Lex, I wasn’t talking about Caleb. You do know there are about two or three more gingers here.”

Alex perks up a bit, even though he is a bit skeptical, “Let me guess, Hayley Pope.”

“Well,” Cassadee trails off, “Yes, there’s her and then there’s,” she points in a different direction, to another bus, “Travis Clark.”

Alex grins, remembering his friend, “There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. I think I should go reacquaint myself with him.”

Cassadee smirks, Go get him,” she playfully punches his shoulder as Alex heads to the bus. Alex slows down once he realizes something.

What will he say to Travis? He couldn’t just go up and be like “You’re a ginger; I like gingers; let’s go have sex.” No, he couldn’t that would be weird. They were friends they had be on tour together countless times, had lots of fun and played so many songs together. And he wasn’t looking for a hook up; Alex reminded a certain part of himself, he was looking for a relationship, something that could last, for months, years even.

Alex took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He tapped his finger on his thighs, waiting nervously for the door to be answered. He chewed on the inside of his cheek as he waited.

Danny opened the door and smiled, down at Alex, “Hey if it isn’t Alex from All Time Low. What’s up?” They brohug and then shake.

“Nothing much,” Alex responds, “Just going around and seeing old friends.”

Danny nods, “we were going to do that, but why when we have an air conditioned bus?”

Alex laughs, “I know what you mean, and “This heats a killer.”

“You wanna come in?” He asks Alex.

“Thanks,” Alex nods walking onto the bus.

“Everyone’s in the back, we’re playing ‘Go Fish’,” Alex nods, going into the back and is greeted by Drew, Hunter and –the one Alex was waiting for, - Travis.

They all grin, “Hey look who it is!”

“Yeah, yeah I know it’s been forever since our last tour together.” He puts his hands up in a defending manner.

“Sit,” Travis says patting the seat next to him, “We’ll deal you in next game. We’re almost done anyway.”

Alex nods, and leans back for the time being. “Who’s winning?”

Travis grins, “I am.”

“He has the luck of the Irish.” Drew comments, “You have any queens?” he asks his twin, who in return shakes ‘no.’

“My turn,” Travis grins, “You have any aces?”

Hunter grumbles and reluctantly hands Travis the card.

Travis’ grin becomes wider, “I win.” He picks up all the cards and shuffles them. He then deals them out, including Alex, this time.

Alex picks up his cards and quickly looks for any matching pairs. He sighs, once he realizes he has none. He watches as Travis removes six of his seven cards and every one else removes one pair of cards.

Travis glances over at Alex and grins, “Loser has to give the winner a kiss.”

“As long as it’s not me and Drew, I’m fine.” Hunter comments.

“I bet Alex has no problem if it’s Travis and him.” Danny whispers, Alex hears him blushes and attempts to kick him, but fails.

“Do you have any threes?” Alex says through closed teeth.

“Go fish,” Travis sings, in an irritating tone.

A half an hour later the game is finished. Alex glares at his two pairs in front of him. Then over at the 17 pairs Travis has.

“Damn, how the hell did I only get two pairs!? This doesn’t make sense! It’s not fair!” Alex exclaims.

“Shut up Gaskarth, Travis won a kiss.”

Travis grabs Alex’s hand and pulls him off the bus. Alex is slightly confused to as why he is being pulled off the bus and not kissing Travis on the bus.

“Hey, Travis, where are we going? You’re not going to kill me are you, because I have a sound check at two.” Alex speaks, Travis still dragging him.

Travis lets go of his hand and sits at a tree over by a fence. Alex steps into the shade, which is easily ten degrees cooler.

“Sit,” Travis smiles, leaning against the tree.

Alex sits beside him, “Um, I’m… um, gonna kiss you now,” he blushes, slowing inching his face towards the red-heads.

Travis grabs his wrists and pulls the younger boy onto him, “Then just go it,” Travis smiles, wrapping his arms around Alex’s waist.

Their noses brush before Alex connects their lips together. Alex pulls away slowly, after the quick peck.

“You know,” Travis starts, putting his hands under Alex’s shirt and rubs his sides, sending shiver up Alex’s spine. “I always thought you were kind of cute.” Alex blushes hard and looks down at the grass to the side of them. Travis continues on, “And I know for a fact, Mr. Gaskarth, you are very much into red heads.”

Alex nods, a bit.

“And I think we could, you know start a relationship. I think we could make it far and last, but that’s only if you think we could.”

Alex nods, “I uh think we could. I… yeah.”

Travis grins, “Alex will you be my boyfriend?”

Alex nods, as he feels Travis lips crash upon his.

Yeah, maybe last years Warped Tour red head didn’t last, but Alex was almost certain after all the time he spent with Travis before, that this, this could last. This would last longer then Warped, longer, then his next birthday. This was something Alex was sure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to MardyHardyHar for reminding me i had to finish this :)
Sorry if it sucks :(
(Longest One shot ever 1600 words lol)