Status: I'll post as long as I get comments. I'll make sure to keep up with "Heaven Help Us" and post regularly

Please Save My Soul

“Last Night I Saw That Beauty Queen, I Watched Her Paint Her Face On”

Gerard’s POV

We were sitting in the waiting room, we had been sitting for a good hour. Mikey was quiet and reserved, he hadn’t said a word since we first walked into the hospital. The nurse had sent for someone to notify Frank’s Mom, but by the time she would get here she would find her son dead. The door way was filled as the doctor walked in with a file.
“Are you two here for Frank Iero?” I looked over at Mikey who picked up his head and nodded.
“If you’ll come with me.” we both stood up and followed him down the hall, he lead us to the intensive care and stopped outside a door.
“Your friend isn’t doing well. He’s getting worse by the minute, we’ve started running tests but as of right now we don’t know what’s causing these problems. Now he’s sleeping, and he’s going to look different, but you can go in. His mother is on the way and has given permission.” he explained.
“Is he going to make it?” Mikey mumbled, the Doctor sighed and hung his head for a moment before looking back at him.
“All I can say, is don’t expect a miracle. We don’t expect him to make it through the night, I’m sorry. We’re going to do as much as we can to help him.” he stated reassuringly before walking away. I looked back over at Mikey who wouldn’t look at me, I sighed opening the door and let him in. I followed him in and slowly shut the door behind me, not wanting to look at the person in the bed. But Mikey’s gasp caused me to look up and I saw him. There was tube in his throat, his skin was white like paper and pasty. There was a light coat of sweat on his forehead, his eyes were rimmed in black and sunken in. His cheeks were less plump and you could see the outline of his jaw.
“Is the venom doing this?” I looked over at Mikey who was staring at him.
“Yeah,” I mumbled.
“And there’s nothing you can do?” he looked at me, anger on his face.
“No Mikey I can’t, I told you. I want to, but I can’t.” he shook his head.
“What else haven’t you told me then Gerard? Your life is built on lies so why don’t you tell me now?” I looked at him sadly, not only had I killed Frank but I had turned my own brother against me.
“Now’s not the best time Mikey.” he scoffed.
“Why not?! You could tell him, so why couldn’t you tell me? He’s dying now, because of your lies. That’s all you are anymore! You’re not my brother at all. You wouldn’t have done this... fuck, if you had just told us then we would have stayed in, we would have listened to you. If you hadn’t of ignored him like you did then he wouldn’t have wanted to go against you! Frank would be fine Gerard if you would have just talked to us!” he yelled pointing at the motionless, almost corpse on the bed. I looked down, unable to look him back in the eyes. I felt pathetic, I felt responsible.
“You’re right Mikey, it is my fault. I understand that, and I want to fix that... but I can only do so much.” I stated looking back up at him.
“Like what Gerard? Tell me one good thing you’ve done lately? Kill that psychotic asshole who bit him? That’s it Gerard! What negative things have you been tagged to? How about Ray and Bob, with them getting taken. How about me and Frank practically being held as hostages?! How about Frank, look at him Gerard. Look what you did to him! All he did was care for you, all he wanted to do was help when you wouldn’t let anyone in!” he yelled, his face going red.
“I know Mikey!” I snapped causing him to go quiet. He fixed his glasses and looked at Frank one last time.
“Fix this Gerard... I mean it. I can forgive you for not telling me your secret with time, but I can’t forgive you for this. Because my best friend is going to die, and I had to watch it.” he stated before turning and leaving the room.
“Mikey wait,” I stated following him out. I walked behind him and stopped him at the door leading out of the intensive care. I grabbed his arm pulling him back so I could talk to him.
“I will fix this, I promise you Mikey. I never wanted anyone to get hurt, I had to chose. I trusted Johnny when I shouldn’t have. I should have known that it was a lie when he said that if I ignored Frank that he would leave him alone... all of it was a lie Mikey. I didn’t think it through and I know what it’s caused, don’t think that I don’t see that.” I explained looking him dead in the eyes.
“If you’re done I’d like you to let go of me,” he replied. I sighed nodding and let go of him just as a loud beeping met my ears. I looked over at the desk that held the monitors for the rooms and noticed a team of nurses rushing to Frank’s room. I took off following them in, awaiting to see him lying there dead. But when I stepped in the room I was shocked to see that his bed was empty and the window to his room was smashed.
“What happened?” I looked to my right and saw Mikey looking in the room. I looked at the confused faces, as they searched the bathroom and looked out the window.
“Gerard?” Mikey asked again, I looked at him shortly before back at the window. The glass shards littered the floor, so it had to of been broken from the outside.
“He’s gone Mikey.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
Do you think you guys can get me to 100 comments? That would be amazing.

"Gasoline" by Seether

I'll post the summary and possibly a small teaser for the sequel so go and check that out!
Thanks to everyone who subscribed, read, and commented you make me feel loved.