Status: I'll post as long as I get comments. I'll make sure to keep up with "Heaven Help Us" and post regularly

Please Save My Soul

With Knives and Pens We Made Our Plight

The rest of the day was crap, when I got home and ran into mom, that’s exactly what I told her. I had made a mental note to wear the gloves the next day seeing as there was a bruise covering half of my hand. It looked gruesome, making me cringe. For a good half hour I poked it and winced every time. I was left alone to my thoughts until the phone started ringing, scared the shit out of me. I rolled over the side of the couch and picked it up.
“Hello?”
“Frank?”
“Yep, wait-Mikey? How did you get my number?”
“Um you wrote it in sharpie on my arm remember?” he laughed.
“Hm, nope. Must have been the book you oh so graciously smacked against my head after wards.” I stated making the both of us laugh.
“Anyways, are you doing anything?”
“Nope,” I sighed popping the p.
“Do you want to come over? Mom and dad went out and Gerard is boring as hell.”
“Sure. Yeah I’ll be there in a little bit.”
“You remember which one it is right? So you won’t go to where I used to live?”
“Nope.” I laughed.
“Or are you just saying that?”
“Yep.”
“You’re retarded. See yea in a bit then.” he hung up and I put the phone up, grabbing my phone and keys leaving the house.

I walked up to the door and knocked, looking around his neighborhood. The door opened bringing me back from my wandering.
“Wow, you didn’t get lost.” he laughed letting me in.
“You’re oh so funny.” I shot back looking around the still slightly packed room.
“Wow, you’ve been busy.”
“Well we moved in Friday. We waited for the week to start. Well I did.” he walked over plopping down in front of the TV.
“You TV junkie.” I grinned sitting next to him, he just shrugged looking at it.
“I won’t have it much longer anyways.”
“What do you mean?”
“Mom thinks we watch too much TV. Well mainly me, so the only TV that has actual channels on it is this one. We still have ours, but we can only watch movies on it. And Gerard has a show that he watches everyday. It’s coming on in about ten minutes.” he mused going through the channels. Sure enough a while later he went into the kitchen, something about coffee I think and Gerard emerged from the hall. His eyes immediately landing on me, and suddenly I felt like leaving the room. He sat down on the far end of the couch, picking up the remote and changed it, landing on Steven’s Untitled Rock Show. I sat there in an awkward silence as he watched his show. I couldn’t understand what was taking Mikey so long. Getting bored I reached out for my cell phone on the coffee table. Hoping I had a message, but there were none. I sighed plopping in my lap and went back to watching the show.
“How’s your hand?” I jumped slightly hearing his voice. I looked over at him, his eyes were no longer on the TV but now watched me intently.
“What?”
“Your hand?” I tugged my sleeve trying to cover it, but I was caught when his eyes looked down at it.
“It’s fine.” I dismissed before burying my hands against me and looked back at the TV.
“I saw the bruise, I’m sorry.” all I could manage was a scoff, which I regretted.
“You changed.” I mumbled.
“People change.”
“Not this drastic, not like this... like you.”
“You don’t know that Frank.”
“And I don’t know you,” the agitation was clear in my voice as I got up and walked to their kitchen when I found Mikey drinking coffee and reading a comic at the table.
“You’re a real jerk, leaving me with him.” I plopped down in the seat beside him.
“I know,” he grinned.
“Did you do that on purpose?”
“I was hoping you could get him to talk you know? It sounded like things were going good.”
“The complete opposite actually.” I grumbled.
“Sorry, I just want my brother back, that’s all.” I nodded.
“There’s nothing to be sorry about.” we sat there for a while reading comics when the front door opened.
“We’re back boys!” I recognized Mrs. Way’s voice.
“Mom! Guess who’s here?!” Mikey shouted, startling me in the process.
“Oh and who’s that sweetheart?” she asked as she walked into the kitchen with some bags.
“Frankie.” she turned around and squealed.
“Oh! Frank dear! You’re still so adorable! And you’re so grown up, but you haven’t grown more than a good five inches!” she pulled me into a hug.
“Hi Mrs. Way.”
“It’s Donna, remember?”
“Sure thing Mrs. Way.” I got a light pop to the head.
“It’s good to see you haven’t changed a bit.” she walked back over to the bags.
“Oh Mikey, would you run this to your brother? He asked me to pick up a new sketchbook.”
“But I’m reading. Why can’t he come up here and get it?” he whined.
“Up here?”
“Basement, don’t ask, you know how weird he is now.” he mumbled flipping the page.
“I’ll do it,” I got up, I wanted to apologize to him anyways.
“Thank you dear, Michael you’re lazy.”
“I know,” he grinned. I grabbed the bag and made my way downstairs. I walked towards the only door, gripping the bag tighter. I knocked on his door, not sure if he would answer, I waited but never heard anything. Slowly I opened it up and walked in to the dimly lit room.
“Gerard?” I spotted him on the far wall. Sitting at a desk with his head bowed in his hands.
“Um, I wanted to apologize... I shouldn’t have said that.” I walked up to him.
“Don’t,” he ordered, his body tensing.
“Don’t what?” I stopped.
“Just... stay there,” his words were hard and forced. He almost sounded to be in pain.
“Why? What’s wrong?” my feet moved quicker.
“Just don’t Frank!” he hissed shooting his arm across the table top, scattering things across his floor. I froze in my spot, his voice still echoing in my ears. Biting my lip I pressed on slowly. Watching as his hand slid across the smooth wood before turning to grip the edge. I came to a stop right behind him, placing the bag on the floor. I reached out to grab his hand.
“Please... please go.” his voice cracked. My fingers brushed his skin causing every muscle in my body to go tense. I didn’t know if he would attack me or do anything at all. I moved to kneel beside him and placed my hand on his arm softly.
“What’s wrong?” but he didn’t answer me.
“Gerard, why won’t you answer me? Something’s wrong, I know it is.” I reached up quickly, jerking his jaw to look at me. His eyes snapped shut, blocking me from seeing but they weren’t quick enough. I gasped letting go when I saw them. There was no white to them, in the darkness of his room all I could make out were two dark masses that were quickly hidden.
“What... what’s wrong with your eyes?” I choked grabbing the sides of his face.
“Go-now!” his voice failed to remain calm.
“No, not until you tell me what’s going on.” he pulled away from me. Standing with his back facing me he ran a hand through his hair.
“I can’t, I Just can’t-leave me alone. Please just do this for me.”
“No, I’m not, you’re hiding something from me. Now tell me what it is.” I walked around him and shoved his chest. Only he didn’t move, he didn’t even show a sign of me touching him.
“Will you please just tell me?”
“No. I told you I can’t.”
“So you do remember that night don’t you? Mikey told you said that you couldn’t, but you do. I know you do,” his eyes opened slowly, revealing his normal hazel eyes.
“There’s something about you now Gerard, and I can’t place my finger on what it is. But one day I will, just know that. God, you need to trust Mikey, he’s your little brother for God sake.”
“You don’t understand Frank.” his voice was soft, like he wanted me to understand, but I couldn’t.
“No, you don’t understand.” I backed away, heading for his door.
“What are you doing?”
“Mikey deserves to know that I know.” but before I could even walk out the door, it slammed shut and he now stood in the way. My eyes grew twice the size as I looked between where he stood before and now.
“How... how did you do that?” he walked up to me and grabbed my shoulder.
“You can’t tell Mikey anything. Do you understand?”
“He’s your brother, I think he deserves to know,” I went to push past him but he pushed me up into the all with force.
“You can’t Frank, please... don’t. He can’t find out about anything.”
“Why?” it came out as a whisper. His eyes lowered, looking off to the side.
“I couldn’t bear it if he knew and rejected me.”
“He won’t, now tell him.”
“I can’t! How many times do I have to tell you!” his voice raised a few levels, scaring me. I whimpered under his hold just wanting to get away.
“There’s something wrong with you, let me go,” I tried to push him away.
“Frank, calm down.” his hands counteracted mine.
“Just let go of me!” I yelled, feeling tears brim to my eyes. If I had known he would be like this, I would have never tried in the first place.
“Frank, please,” he begged, there was sorrow laced in his words. I almost stopped, and looked up at him.
“Please.” he whispered.
“Why should I?” I shot back. There was something happening with his eyes again. It looked like small swirls of red, a deep thick red mixed with his hazel. My eyes began to droop, and my will to fight back grew weak. I tried looking away, but I couldn’t.
“Frankie, please.” was the last thing I heard before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
You've probably noticed that the chapter titles have absolutely nothing to do with the story. They're simply the songs I'm listening to when I post the chapter.

"Knives and Pens" by Black Veil Brides

Comments??