Big Time Trouble

Play It Straight

"Okay guys it's finally time." I smiled as we stood on the side lines of the TODAY SHOW studio where they were filming Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer.

"Yeah this is our chance to finally get big." Ryder said in all seriousness while draping an arm over my shoulder.

"Sure what he said." I laughed shaking my head.

"Ok we got the song line up and it'll be easy to trade off because Zoe gets a headset." Josie said sticking her tongue out at me.

I stuck my tongue right back at her. Yes we were defiantly immature like that.

Renée and Rayne just rolled their eyes at us.

"Guys the studio people want to have a fast interview before you preform." Nina said as she approached us.

"Um sure that's cool." Josie grinned teeth and all.

Josie had always wanted to be on tv. Well i guess that was her chance. A few minutes after the hanging around the make up people ushered us into different changing rooms and fixed up our clothes and make up. They said we needed to look presentable for national TV.

"Remember don't talk so loud because your going to have a microphone on you so you don't need to shout." The TV producer guy said as they adjusted the mini mic on my blazer. "Just talk normally. If your nerves take some deep breaths and relax, everything will be fine."

I nodded as butterflies fluttered inside my stomach. I couldn't believe what was happening everything was so surreal.

"Ok she's ready." The lady that was fixing me said and patted my shoulder. "Good luck honey."

I gave her a smile before the producer lead me over to where my friends were standing. They were standing almost on the set of the TODAY SHOW, where the cameras where. They waved me over to them, so that's where i went.

"Guys let's say a quick prayer before we get on." I said in a whisper once i reached them. "Before they cut to commercial."

They all nodded and got in a circle.

"Ryder would you be kindest to do the honors?" Renée asked him and we all made a circle and looped our arms around each other.

Ryder nodded and started praying. "Dear Lord, thank you very much for getting us here to preform on the Today Show. It really is an honor. Thank you as well that you gave us this awesome opportunity. I pray that nothing horrible will happen and everything will go nicely. In your name we pray. Amen."

Our amens followed that.

"Alright next up is a new pop-rock band, Skyline Avenue, that is going to preform in our Summer Concert Series sponsored by Toyota. Don't go away because next up we have a short interview before they preform." Matt said giving the camera a smile.

"We'll be right back after these messages." Meredith said fixing her papers.

The director did the hand signal and the camera shut off. That's when everything got crazy. They had to change the whole set around. They placed eight high chairs. That's where the interview was going to be conducted.

The producer came and lead us onto the set and told us to sit on the chairs and wait.

"Just answer the questions as best you can and be fluent about it. Now good luck." She gave us a thumbs up as we sat down.

Rayne and I were really trying hard to contain our excitement.

I turned my head around to look outside the window and i saw a whole lot of people in the window. They all started screaming when i looked at them. I waved slowly and turned back around. Some people were really scary at times.

We saw the three news anchors walking towards us and I almost freaked.. Almost..

"Hello guys." Ann Curry smiled at us. "I'm Ann Curry, please call me Ann."

I smiled and stood up off my high chair. "I'm Zoe Della Valle." With that I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled and sat in one of the chairs.

"Likewise." I replied almost beaming and i shook hands with Matt and Meredith, and introduced myself to them, just like my band mates did as well.

Well all seated ourselves down and waited for the director's signal. Now this was the moment of truth. I could see the cameras that were going to zoom in on us very close by but i chose to ignore them and start a small conversation with Meredith about clothes.

"And we are on in FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO." The director signaled the three new anchors that he was starting to film and did one as a hand signal.

"Welcome back, we are now with Skyline Avenue themselves." Matt said into the camera.

The camera passed all five of us. We all waved into it.

"For some brief minutes we will interview them and then we will go onto the performance." Ann said with a smile into the camera then she turned to us. "Alright the first question is for Ryder."

"Shoot away." Ryder replied happily.

"How does it feel being in a band with only girls and you being the only guy?" Meredith asked with a peculiar look.

"Well it's not very strange at all because these girls here are my best friends and it's actually pretty fun and scary." Ryder chuckled, probably reminiscing the time when we had the sleepover at my house where we all ate sugar coated gummy worms and got all hyper and stuff.

"Scary? How so?" Ann asked. Now that had seemed to spark her interest.

"Well for one if you give them sugar, let's just say it's like their drug or something." Ryder shrugged with a smile.

We all laughed and shook our heads.

"Okey then, so how old are you guys." Matt asked us.

"I'm 16." I said with a smile.

"15." Renée smiled.

"16." Rayne answered smoothly.

"17 going on 18 soon." Ryder answered with a wink.

"17." Josie said shyly.

"Are any of you in relationships?" Meredith asked pressing onto us.

We all exchanged glances.

"Nope we're all single." I said giving a shrug.

"Well for now you mean." Renée nudged me with a smirk.

"That's hard to believe that young teens like you are all single." Ann said with a look of disbelief.

"Yeah I'm shocked too." Ryder shook his head.

"Ok well that's all the time we have for questions today." Meredith said into the camera.

"Now we will take you live outside with Al Roker with the weather, then it's Skyline Avenue's performance." Matt said into the camera and 5 seconds later it shut off.

"Good job in answering the questions." Matt said shaking our hands.

"Yes i was amazed at how well you guys answered them." Meredith shook our hands and smiled warmly at us.

"I agree well done. Now go get ready to preform." Ann smiled and we were quickly ushered away to be put into our singing clothes.

---------

"We present Skyline Avenue!" Matt shouted because of the screaming of people.

I smiled and started saying, or um singing to first stanzas while looking into the camera with a smile , just as the cameras floated over the screaming crowd over to us.

(Zoe)
Maybe I need some rehab, or maybe just need some sleep
I've got a sick obsession, I'm seeing it in my dreams

I'm looking down every alley, I'm making those desperate calls
Im staying up all night hoping, Hit my head against the walls

(Renée)
What you've got boy is hard to find
Think about it all about it all the time
I'm all strung up my heart is fried
I just cant get you off my mind

(Renée, Zoe, Rayne and Josie)
Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love
I said your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love

(Rayne)
Won't listen to any advice, mamma's telling me to think twice
But left to my own devices i'm addicted its a crisis!

(Josie)
My friends think I've gone crazy, my judgment is getting kinda hazy
My status is gonna be affected if I keep it up like a love sick crackhead

(Zoe)
What you've got boy is hard to find
Think about it all about it all the time
I'm all strung up my heart is fried
I just cant get you off my mind

(Zoe, Renée, Josie and Rayne)
Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love
I said your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love

(Josie)
I don't care what people say
The rush is worth the price I pay
I get so high when you're with me
But crash and crave you when you are away

(Zoe)
So I got a question;
Do you want to have a summer party in my basement?
Do I make your heart beat like an 808 drum?
Is my love, your drug?
(huh) Your drug? (huh) your drug? (huh) your drug?
Is my love, your drug?

(ALL)
Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love
I said your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love (x2)

(Renée)
Heyyy heyyy you love, your love, (whispered) is my drug


After we were done with that song, the audience when wild. Apparently they liked it. We continued preforming the next three songs very pumped to be preforming on live TV, and the Today Show had caught everything! There was also people in the crowd filming us.
But one thing i had failed to notice was the group of four good looking guys their produce, and assistant that were standing next to the Nintendo World store watching us with surprised faces. Now from the looks of Gustavo's face everything would be changed from then one.
♠ ♠ ♠
(Authors note: The order to which they were seated was from left to right: Zoe, Renée, Rayne, Ryder and Josie on the end.)

:) I wrote this a long time ago and lost it, but it was saved somewhere. Anyways..
Comments? Subscribe? <3
-Shaina

(I do not own Ke$ha's song!)