It Happens to the Best of People

Don't Want to Talk About It

High School, the worst four years of your life. Especially if you go to a private boarding school. The worst thing my dad could've done to me. And I thought Public schools were bad enough. Surrounded by a bunch of rich, snobby, stuck-up people. And I know, you're probably thinking, well I'm one of them right? Wrong. Yeah, my dad can afford to send me to this hellhole. But I don't consider myself anything like these fake artifical people.
"Mya, do you know if we have dance practice today?" Christy asked.

"Christy didn't you hear him yesterday?" Claire said. "We don't have practice today."

"Okay, you don't have to be rude about it."

Christy and Claire are my roommates. They're pretty cool. The three of us are on the schools dance team.
Christy is your typical "bitch". You know the type of girl that's always starting shit or always bitching at or about somebody. Claire on the other hand is the exact opposite. She tries her best to avoid drama and she's pretty much nice everybody for the most part. How these two are best friends, I don't know. But hey, maybe opposites do attract.

"Guys how long does it take to get ready?" I grumbled. "We wear uniforms."

"Blame Christy. She was hogging the bathroom." Claire said pointing her finger.

"What you think that I'm gonna leave this room, looking a hot mess? Uh don't think so." Christy did a once over in the mirror. "I'll never get over how cute these uniforms are." The girls uniforms consists of a pleated plaid skirt that comes above the knee and button up long or short sleeve white shirt or red or black polo.

"That's the only good thing about this shit hole." I muttered.

"C'mon, it's our junior year. We have one more year left after this." Claire said trying to cheer me up, which never works. As usual, I ignored her and left the room to meet Hayleigh, another friend of mine.

"Christy taking too long to get ready like usual. What takes so long?" Hayleigh said.

"No clue. Let's go."

Hayleigh is the lucky one. Her and her friends are seniors. Hayleigh is mediator in the group.

"Hey guys wait for us." Christy shouted.

"Well, I can't be late to my first class, waiting for you two."

"Somebody's bitchy today." Claire said.

"Just hang in there." Hayleigh said, another failed attempt to cheer me up.

"Whatever." I muttered.

"Is there a day when your not cranky?" Claire asked.

"Well, I have to wake up every morning to this hell they call school." I growled.

"I don't know why you guys even bother." Christy said. " It's pointless talking to her. You know how she is, you can't get through to her at all."

"Fuck off Christy!"

"I swear you get bitchier every year, Mya!" Christy yelled back.

I got in Christy's face. "Look who's talking."

"Guys, cool it." Hayleigh said pushing me away from Christy.

"Christy, just leave her alone. You know she's had a rough summer vacation."

"School started a month ago, summer vacation is over. So whatever happened, you need to get over it!" Christy yelled.

"By the way, you never told us what happened." Claire mentioned. I ignored her statement and headed to my first class. What happened during summer vacation was something I wasn't going to talk about.