Status: Active

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Damn Gingers

Four nights of detention was the punishment that Professor Moody gave Aurora for having disrupted his lesson. Being stuck in a confined space with the Professor was not something that gave Aurora pleasure but knowing that she had gotten under his skin made her grin very widely.

Word of Aurora’s violent outburst soon spread through the halls of Hogwarts like wild fire. Her names was on everyone’s lips; professors, students, elves, and ghosts all gossiped about her, trying to figure out what had made her snap during the presentation of the unforgivable curses.

It gave her celebrity status; something that most students would kill for but it was something that Aurora detested. Having girls swarm her in hopes of becoming her new BFF annoyed the hell out of her, but what pissed her off even more was the never ending parade of boys that attempted to woo her.

Boys from Hogwarts, Beaubaxtons, and Durmstrang called on her night and day. She had hoped that acting cold and uninterested when they asked for a date would turn them off but it did the exact opposite.

They wanted her more because she was unattainable.

Not wanting to be plagued with their incessant badgering, Aurora decided to have a blunt every morning before she was forced into contact with people. Some might say that her dependence on the substance means she has an addiction but Aurora likes to think of it as nothing more than a bad habit.

“Una piedra en el camino me enseño que mi destino era rodar y rodar. También me dijo un arriero que no hay que llegar primero pero hay que saber llegar. (A rock in my path taught me that my destiny was to wander like a rolling stone. It also told me that it’s not about getting where you’re going first, it’s about knowing how to get there).” Aurora sang softly, her eyes brimming with tears while she stared out at the night sky.

El Rey or the King as it’s known in English was Aurora’s father’s favorite song. It speaks of a man that doesn’t let anything bring him down in his journey through life; he’s determined to do what he sees fit and refuses to lose.

Whenever she sings the song Aurora feels like he’s there with her, singing along and protecting her from the evils of the world. That’s why she sings it to herself when she feels like giving up on life because it gives her the strength to continue the journey.

“Buenas noches papa. (Goodnight papa),” she whispered, smiling at the night sky.

Aurora wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her sweater. She stood from her place on the floor of the Astronomy tower so she could begin the walk back to Gryffindor tower; hopefully there wouldn’t be any prefects in her path because she wasn’t in the mood for another detention.

Just the previous night a prefect from Slytherin had caught her out two hours after curfew, they took away fifteen points and awarded her two detentions; they were obviously power hungry snobs that took any opportunity they got to exert their powers over others.

People like them, people that love power, should never be given any for they manipulate laws to suit their own personal agendas and a make a mockery out of whatever they were meant to uphold but the sad thing is that those people are the ones running institutions; they’re the reason why the world is the way that it is.

“Maybe I should go into politics,” pondered Aurora.

Laughter escaped her lips when she thought of herself in a fancy suit giving a speech somewhere about the importance of tolerance existing. It would be rad, but Aurora wasn’t one that easily swallowed her pride and making backroom deals to have legislation passed would be something she’d never be able to do.

“You’re not going to be laughing when I'm through with you,” threatened a voice from the shadows.

Instinctively, she placed her back to the wall so no one would be able to attack her without her seeing them coming. Her hand grasped her wand tightly while her hazel eyes peered into the darkness, searching for the face of he who had threatened her.

From the shadows emerged the Slytherin that Aurora had defended the younger kids from. It would be a lie to say that Aurora hadn’t been expecting this confrontation, she had expected it from the moment that her hands shoved him off the ginger and she was ready.

He stepped towards her slowly, his wand held up ready to attack while he spoke, “I told you that you were going to regret your actions.”

“I don’t regret them,” retorted Aurora.

“But you will,” he replied with a smirk. “I'm going make you howl and by the time I'm done people are going to prefer spending a night in the Shrieking Shack as opposed to walking through this hall.”

“Are you going to stand there rambling all night or are you going to fucking do something?” hissed Aurora, tired of his mindless ranting.

“Bloody slag,” stated Lucian.

“You’re lack of creativity with insults is almost insulting. You could have at least called me a conniving cunt, that would’ve actually stung a little,” taunted Aurora. “Now, are we going to fight or not? I have a six am run and can’t be squandering my time on useless things.”

“By the time I'm done with you . . .” Lucian began.

“Again with the rants?” scoffed Aurora. “You know what find me when you have the balls to do something.”

She slowly began moving away from Lucian, her back always to the wall but she soon stopped moving when four other male Slytherins emerged from the hallway; successfully blocking her escape via that route.

“Not so high and mighty now, are you?” he inquired, stepping closer.

“Five grown Slytherin boys?” mumbled Aurora aloud. “Even if you were to beat the crap out of me it wouldn’t be an honorable victory, it wouldn’t even settle the score because I ran you off on my own; didn’t even use magic but alas being an insecure pureblood with no real merit as a man you find it necessary to call in backup, that’s fine. I just hope you have someone on standby to take you back to your common room.”

Without so much as a warning Aurora stunned the burliest man in the Slytherin group. To say his fellow Slytherins were shocked would be an understatement. Their eyes widened dangerously before narrowing in anger and shooting spells at her.

Aurora sent a massive suit of armor tumbling towards two of the boys. Loud screams of pain erupted from their mouths when the armor hit them, successfully pinning them against the ground while their arms struggled to lift it off them.

Lucian snarled.

He couldn’t believe that the pureblood beauty was proving to be such a challenge. He thought that she’d beg him to spare her once she saw his back up, but she didn’t. Instead her anger intensified and he saw a brutal woman that made him want to either fuck her brains out or kill her.

He wasn’t sure which he wanted to do more.

“Accio wand!” bellowed Aurora, sending his friends wand flying first before turning and repeating the spell to disarm him.

His wand was sent hurdling towards Aurora who smirked before breaking them in half and throwing them on the ground. His friend couldn’t control his anger and rushed her, hoping that he’d pin her against the wall and then they’d be able to beat her; but that didn’t happen.

At the last second she moved out of the way which made him slam his head against the wall; not a very pleasant experience and it was one that left him sprawled across the cold stoned floors in an unconscious state.

“What was that about regretting?” asked Aurora, a maniacal glint in her eyes.

Lucian turned to run for cover but he didn’t make it ten yards before Aurora caught up to him, knocking him on the ground. She stood up from his body, kicking him so he lay on his back.

“I don’t dig confrontation but it’s obvious that that’s the only way you learn,” muttered Aurora.

He let out a mangled cough before telling her, “They should’ve killed you like your bastard father.”

Unrelenting rage wracked Aurora’s being at his words.

Deep inside her mind the devil and angel within her were locked in a fierce battle. The first was telling her to tear him apart for having insulted the memory of her father but the latter begged her to not do anything rash.

Aurora listened to the first.

“It’s good that you know about my father because that means that you know exactly what’s going to happen to you,” she whispered in a deathly low voice.

He whimpered and began crawling away, his eyes wide with fear. He’d gone too far with mentioning her father. He had thought that mentioning her father would make her break into a fit of tears like it would any other girl but apparently he was wrong; it only made her angrier.

“Those spells are unforgivable!” he cried in desperation.

“I know,” answered Aurora a sinister smirk playing across her beautiful face, “but I'm a Mexican citizen and Mexico would never extradite one of their own.”

“Please, don’t!” he begged her, his grey eyes welling with tears.

Aurora pointed her wand directly at his chest. She remembered what her uncle Vick had said about the crucio curse, it’s not about hate it’s about enjoying the other person’s suffering and boy, was she going to enjoy making that piece of shit scream.

“CRUC . . .”

The full curse didn’t escape her lips. It wasn’t because she had a change of heart. It was because a pair of gingers tackled her to the ground. They wrestled the wand from her grip, claiming that she wasn’t in the right state of mind. Aurora struggled against their grasps but before she had managed to break free one of them stunned her; leaving her completely immobile.

She was thrown on one of their backs and carried back to the Gryffindor common room where she was given control over her being again. They thought she’d smile at them, thank them for having saved her from making the worst decision of her life but she didn’t. Instead her fist collided against one of their faces, causing him to hiss in pain while he clutched his eye.

“You two need to mind your own fucking BUSINESS!” hissed Aurora through gritted teeth.

“Poppet, you should be bloody thankful that we got there in time or else you would’ve been on your way to Azkaban right about now,” argued one of them.

Aurora scoffed. “I wouldn’t have been caught you stupid mother fuckers!”

“Honestly now, we do you a favor and you’re angry at us. Something must be off in that head of yours. You ruin Moody’s lesson and then you take on five boys and nearly mutter an unforgiveable curse! Bloody mad,” he murmured the last bit to himself.

“Absolutely mental,” added the other one.

“I quite like mental though,” spoke one of the twins, “We’re quite mental. You know even though you just punched me in the bloody face I’d like to be your friend, we might be able to learn from each other. What do you say?”

“Believe me when I say that there’s nothing either of you clowns could ever teach me,” replied Aurora curtly.

Friends are unnecessary distractions.

Distractions are something she can’t afford.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah thanks so much for the lovely comments you guys are mad rad! :)