Status: Active

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Minister of Magic

Svetlanna walked around the castle with a large smile on her face and her friends at her sides. Her walk with Alik was refreshing, and there were no sense of foreign air. It was as if Alik understood that Svetlanna was more of a listener than anything and he patiently waited for her to tell a story even with her soft spoken ways. Once or twice the two would have passed a group glaring Durmstrang girls or friends of Alik’s, but other than that it was just like the world belonged to those two. It was just what she needed in her life at the moment; something slow, steady, and barely existent.

Suddenly, Svetlanna’s feet were in the air and her face was flat on the ground. Sounds of laughter sounded around her and her first impulse was to go running and hide her face from the world but a small anger in her being refused to let that happen. For some reason, she just couldn’t let that go and when she got up, instead of teary up, Svetlanna glared at the Slytherin girl and pushed a worried Hermione away.

“What do you have against me?” Her voice was shaky but loud enough for it to sound as if it were because of anger. Never had she tried to stand up for herself, but suddenly something took over her and she was being watching cautiously by her friends behind her. Svetlanna took a step toward the Slytherin who tripped her and clenched her fists tightly so she wouldn’t explode and embarrass herself, “I did nothing to you” –she looked around and motioned to all of her friends- “I didn’t do anything to any of you! Why must you try to make everyone’s life a living hell? Is it because your life is so miserable and you hate yourself so much; or is it because you envy everyone else because their parents aren’t as heartless and ignorant of their children.”

The corridor got quiet, not even the portraits spoke.

“You’re right,” the Slytherin girl shook her head and looked at her feet. Her body started shaking and sobs left her lips, “my mom and dad don’t pay attention to me and leave me to starve when they are home. I don’t have anyone,” –she looked up and Svetlanna wanted to punch the girl when she realized she was laughing- “but at least being alone is better than spending time with blood traitors and mud bloods.”

Those words pissed Svetlanna off and before she knew it she was punching the Slytherin in the face and stomping off toward the Great Hall for dinner. Hermione chased after her at once, but Harry and Ron just stared wide eyed after the girl that would have run crying from the start. No one expected the shy Bellamy to even say anything regarding being tripped, let alone punch someone, but as Ron and Harry made their way toward their friend they couldn’t help but wear proud grins.

“That was brilliant,” Ron praised Svetlanna as they entered the hall. Almost every house’s table was full and in passing, Svetlanna nodded in Maxime’s direction but she was far too angry to hold a quick conversation.

“I agree,” Harry smiled, “even better than Hermione and Malfoy last year!”

“Much better!”

Svetlanna found an empty seat next to Ginny and Neville and glared at the front while Dumbledore started speaking. She drowned out most of what he said, and had only paid attention when Aurora started clapping and a blonde girl ran into her arms. Other than that, Svetlanna didn’t care about what was going on until it was time for the goblet to choose names. Her hands shook dangerously fast while she met eyes with Alik from across the room.

She knew he entered, but she didn’t like the fact that he’d be facing the dangers that followed. Alik just gave her a reassuring smile and nodded his head as if he knew he was going to be okay in the end if he was chosen. Svetlanna shook her head and looked at the goblet as its flame turned purple and a battered piece of parchment flew into Dumbledore’s hand.

Never in her life had she prayed harder.

“Viktor Krum, from Durmstrang!”

With a breath of sweet relief, Svetlanna stood up and clapped for the famous quidditch player along with the rest of his fans. Alik smiled at him, as a congratulatory sign, and punched knuckles as the older Russian walked toward the back where the players would go.

Extremely proud, Svetlanna watched the rest and cheered hard for the extremely handsome Cedric as he followed Fleur. As she turned to talk about how excited she was for the tournament with Ron, she heard a gasp from the front and turned just in time to see the goblet release yet another piece of parchment.

Dumbledore held it for a long time before looking in her direction and shaking his head, “Harry Potter!”

Svetlanna’s heart stopped and she looked over at Harry with eyes only a worried sibling would hold. At her side, Ron went stiff and at her side and millions of questions went through his head. Hermione, being the only one able to speak at the moment, pushed Harry up and toward the front. He tossed his friends glances and Svetlanna nodded in encouragement so he would hurry and not anger their Head Master.

Everyone was whispering and hissing at Harry as he walked to the front, but only his true friends realized that it had to be someone else’s doing.

Harry wanted to enter, yet he was too young.

After eating the remainder that she could, Svetlanna stood from the table and rushed out of the hall in search for Leonardo. She had an urgent letter to write her father regarding Harry, and she knew that it would be best if he found out as soon as possible. Dark magic was nothing to look over, and Svetlanna’s father knew so much about it that it was shocking he had yet to get offered a job as Minister of Magic.

Little did she know that someone was following her.

“’Ou ‘ave ze same hung as me then?” Maxime questioned as he walked into the owlery to send a message to his father as well. Svetlanna was on the back of her parchment when he walked in, and her tiny fingers were working quickly so her handwriting was barely readable to the young brunette.

She nodded, “My father will do something about this, he has to.”

“I was just about to do ze same.”

The two wrote in silence and when they were finished, Maxime tossed Svetlanna a smile and offered his arm to her. Smiling weakly, and happy for the physical support, Svetlanna took it and leaned on his shoulder. His personality and body language drew her in, and the fact that he knew her father was just a little gravy on top.

“Parlez-vous français?” (Do you speak French) Maxime asked, walking toward the Fat Lady. He helped her up so many steps and turning stair cases. He looked down at her drowsy eyes and smiled at how beautiful she was. Being the 1/8 Veela he was, seeing beautiful women in his life was a daily thing; however, Svetlanna seemed to make them all look like hags with decaying flesh when he laid his eyes on her.

Svetlanna nodded, “Oui.” (Yes)

She was too tired to hold an entire conversation, Max saw that himself, so he thought it’d be best if he just whispered short French songs or tell her that everything would be ok with her friend. That’s exactly what she needed, just someone at least there to tell her everything was going to be alright.

For once.

When they reached the Fat Lady, George and Fred were walking out with large grins on their faces and something big covered with a blanket. They saw Maxime and Svetlanna and their grins grew almost four times bigger than possible. Maxime was a bit of a family friend because his father came every so often to help Arthur with something involving the family’s safety, so they knew Svetlanna couldn’t possibly hold feelings for a boy as sensitive as him.

Alik on the other hand…

“What are you two doing?” Svetlanna questioned, eyeing the hidden item

“Just delivering our dear friend-“ Fred laughed

“a small message a bit overdo.” George’s eyes gleamed with mischief and he winked in Svetlanna’s direction.

Usually, she’d blush and look away; but that time she just nodded and moved past them to get into the common room. Waving back at Maxime was the last thing she remembered before she was undressing and crawling into bed.

Sleep was most welcome to consume her.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Je t'aime!