Status: Active

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Competition

“Eto smushchaet menya, pochemu vy smotreli tak volnovalasʹ, poka my zhdali kubok vybiratʹ konkursantov. Razve vy ne hotite mne poprobovatʹ?”( It confuses me why you looked so worried, as we waited for the cup to choose contestants. Do you not want me to try?) Alik questioned, his fingers tracing the life lines in Svetlanna’s palm as his eyes bore into hers like the green eyes of Leonardo when he wanted something. Svetlanna smiled at the familiarity of his gaze and blushed at the intensity.

After Aurora had slipped her out of class, Svetlanna looked around for Alik before finding him relaxing by the lake with Viktor and a couple of other kids from Durmstrang. Since it was a large group, Svetlanna hesitated to approach them but didn’t back away from her goal. She wanted to spend time with Alik, for she felt as if she were the most special person in the world whenever he was in her presence; a feeling she had yet to feel from anyone containing a Y chromosome. When she reached the laughing group, a Durmstrang girl looked over Svetlanna before smiling widely and walking to her and introducing everyone around. Alik explained later, while they were walking around the quidditch field, that he speaks of mainly her while he hangs out with his friends.

The two ended up laying under a large tree and talking while the world went on around them. It only felt as if it was just them, and all troubles were forgotten. Svetlanna even managed to ignore the light stench radiating off of Alik from the dung bombs.

“Nu, eto ne chto ya ne hochu, chtoby vy poluchaĭte udovolʹstvie,”(Well, it's not that I do not want you to have fun) Svetlanna explained, not breaking eye contact and just enjoying the warmth that spread throughout her being while she felt no shame in being herself, “Ya prosto hotel, chtoby ty v polnoĭ bezopasnosti i vne opasnosti, chem riskovatʹ svoyeĭ zhiznʹyu vsego za vkus priklyucheniĭ.”(I just wanted you to be completely safe and out of danger, than to risk your live just to have a taste of adventure)

“Pochemu?”(Why?) Alik’s voice got softer, and Svetlanna noticed that his eyes seemed to come closer and closer to her face. A large blush consumed her already pink cheeks and she turned her face to look at the rooted ground under her.

“I…I guess I kind of…like you?” Svetlanna stumbled over her words and closed her eyes as her heart started abusing her ribcage like a maniac. She had never told a boy, not even when she was younger, what she felt for them if it was more than friendship. It wasn’t because she was shy, or because she felt intense emotions for only one other person; it was because she had moved so many times that childhood crushes and puppy ‘love’ couldn’t happen over a time of several months.

Alik turned Svetlanna’s face toward him and she opened her eyes to see that he was hovering over her. The look in his eyes was one of curiosity, relief, and an emotion Svetlanna had only seen her parents, or Molly and Arthur, hold for the other. Alik’s hand left from Svetlanna’s wrist and up to her jaw line where he traced up until his fingertips were over her lips. Svetlanna felt as if she would die from the way her heart was racing, but for some reason she just couldn’t tear her eyes away from Alik’s.

It was as if she were caught under a spell.

“When I am with you, or even thinking of you,” Alik whispered, his eyes shooting from Svetlanna’s to her lips and back, “I feel whole, like you complete me. I know we have only known each other for a little over three months, but what I feel for you hurts my heart whenever you’re around. Yet, whenever you are away I feel like the world could end at any moment. The intensity of my feelings for you burn like that of a burning phoenix.” –His head leaned closer to Svetlanna’s until his lips were just a few centimeters away- “and, had you been a dementor, I would risk my soul for your kiss.”

“Alik…” Svetlanna sighed out, not expecting him to say such enchanting words.

His lips edged closer to hers. Both teenagers knew it was going to happen, something magical for both of them; however, as soon as the event was about to take place, a strong French accent came from several feet away causing both Alik and Svetlanna to pull away quickly and turn toward the voice.

Maxime was taking a quick run outside of the castle when he saw Svetlanna about to kiss someone in Durmstrang attire. Jealousy filled his being and before he knew it, Maxime was calling out for Svetlanna allowing the 1/8 veela in his blood to break free and charm Svetlanna into leaving Alik’s side and spending some time with him.

“Svetlanna, mon ami, I ‘ave not seen ‘ou in days,” Maxime smiled, showing his perfect teeth and allowing his firm chest to poke out a bit at the competition, “who is your friend?”

Svetlanna blushed as she stood up and walked over to Maxime. Her hair was a bit messed up, but she hadn’t noticed because she was more focused on getting rid of the awkward tension in the air. Behind her, Alik glared at the shirtless Beauxbaton boy who was smiling at Svetlanna. He stood and walked over to stand by the girl he had attempted to kiss, still glaring at the boy who ruined his private moment.

“This is Alik,” Svetlanna introduced, “Alik, this is Maxime.”

“Is he your boyfriend?” Maxime questioned, eyeing Alik as if he were sizing him up.

“No,” Svetlanna whispered at the same moment Alik growled out ‘yes’. Svetlanna looked over at Alik with wide eyes and bit her lip, “what?”

“I thought you realized what I was telling you,” Alik whispered, running his long fingers through her hair, fixing it, and holding her face in his hands, “I want you to be with me.”

“I-“

“’Ou should give ‘er some time to zink it over,” Maxime shot out, glaring at Alik, “It’s not polite to force a beautiful lady like ‘er to rush an answer.” –Maxime turned a kind eye to Svetlanna- “go zink about it for ze rest of ze day, just to be sure.”

The tension was too much for Svetlanna to deal with anymore, so she nodded and tossed Alik an apologetic glance before walking about from the boys who had given her a head ache. She wanted so badly to lay down, but she was more hungry than anything so she headed directly for the Great Hall to have lunch. As she sat down beside Harry, Svetlanna noticed that Ron was sitting five people away with Seamus and Dean. She tried to get his attention, but it was like Ron was trying his damndest to ignore her glances.

“What’s wrong with him?” Ginny asked, sitting on Svetlanna’s other side.

Hermione looked down at Ron and rolled her eyes, “Jealousy drives the best of friends away.”

“That is true,” Aurora muttered, coming to sit between Hannah and Hermione, in front of Svetlanna, “Envy can ruin the best of people.”

Svetlanna thought back to Maxime and Alik, and then Ron and Harry before adding her two cents into the conversation, “But only the best of the best can overcome it and settle it like the bigger man. Not everything is worth fighting over.”

Aurora looked over at Svetlanna with a small smile, barely visible, and nodded in agreement, “However, to them, at that moment, it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Thank-you for reading!