Status: Active

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Wildflowers and Sunshine

Panic dictated every inch of Svetlanna’s body as she ran through platform 9 3/4. The said girl had strayed behind her family to check on her elf owl, Leonardo, who only stood at barely seven inches. He had been feeling sick for a couple of days and she wanted to make sure the potion she brought was working. Little did Svetlanna know, her family had arrived a little late and the moment she checked her small wrist watch her heart started pounding.

“Merde!” (shit!) she yelled as she ran to catch up with every tardy witch/wizard who procrastinated getting onto the Hogwarts Express. As soon as she reached the tail of the small line, Svetlanna looked back toward her parents and Nui. She smiled at the younger girl and blew a kiss.

“Ne pas faire ce que je ne ferais pas!” (Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!) The nine-year old called out with a huge grin. In almost every family siblings would have yin-yang personalities; in the Bellamy’s case, Nui was the wild child who caused most of the trouble while Svetlanna would merely worry her parents by not writing in several days.

Svetlanna shook her head as she jumped onto the bright ruby train. As soon as she steadied herself, she could feel the large, magical vehicle start to move. A sigh of relief left the young girl’s mouth as she carried Leonardo’s cage toward the compartment that held her friends.

It was a fairly easy job because everyone was in their own private compartments having animated conversations on the strange events that happened at the Quidditch world cup. A shiver ran up Svetlanna’s spine one she heard what one kid supposedly saw.

“The death eater was right in front of me with his wand pointed at my chest,” a thick Italian accent spoke gravely, “if it weren’t for my papa I wouldn’t have been here today.”

Svetlanna knew it wasn’t true, but after her experience with Harry death eaters were on her new list of fears. After a minute or two Svetlanna neared a group of students who decided to occupy the narrow pathway instead of the empty compartment behind them. Rolling her eyes and muttering small cusses at the group, to herself in fear of causing unnecessary drama, Svetlanna weaved and tripped her way through the group of continuously talking girls.

After making it out safely, and without falling over anyone entirely, Svetlanna smiled to herself and walked at a faster pace toward the back of the train. Without noticing anyone in her way, Svetlanna crashed headfirst into another girl who smelled strangely like a field of wildflowers and sunshine. It was a strange scent to the painfully bashful teenager, but it didn’t bother her as much as how embarrassing it was to walked, not run, into a complete stranger.

“Wǒ hěn bàoqiàn!” (I’m so sorry!) Svetlanna cried out quickly, a large blush consuming her dimple cheeks and her ears were assaulted by the frightened screams of a poor Leonardo. Svetlanna looked at her owl with apologetic eyes and stuck her fingers through the thin spaces of the multicolored bird’s cage. She cooed gently until her ‘baby’ had called down enough to nip at her fingers affectionately.

Once that task was complete, Svetlanna looked around to find the girl she had run into; however, she found only an empty path ahead and Hermione’s head sticking out from a compartment nearby.

“Lanna, where have you been,” Hermione asked, walking out of the compartment and over to her best girl-friend. A small pink tinted her cheeks as she added, “Ron was starting to worry about your getting left behind.”

Svetlanna smiled up at her friend and looked around once more before getting up and shrugging, “I couldn’t find you.”

The train arrived to Hogwarts no more than an hour later, and as soon as her feet touched the familiar grounds Svetlanna had forgotten all about everything that happened during holiday. Hogwarts gave her a feeling of safety and a small sense of home. Of course there were times when she wanted nothing more than to go home and run into her father’s arms, but Hogwarts walls always made everything feel ok in the end.

“I’m starving,” Ron stated as the group and he walked toward the familiar carriages that always carried them to the Dining Hall.

“If you continue eating at your rate, Ron,” Svetlanna teased while scanning the large crowd for the other two Weasley boys, “you’re going to end up just as fat as Dudley.”

Harry laughed and threw a wink at Svetlanna, “Believe me, no one can end up as porky as Dudley.”

The group of five; Svetlanna, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Harry, laughed at Harry’s comment but their joys were short lived for a certain blonde Slytherine decided to weasel his way into their personal fun.

Draco held his pointed nose in the air as he sized up the group as he always did, “Seems like you didn’t change much, Potter.” It was always Harry, Draco chose to mock first if the time ‘called’ for it. As much as it ticked Svetlanna off, she couldn’t say much to defend her friends because she would always end up making everything look worse for everyone.

“Did you like the finally at the world cup, Potter?” A shiver ran up Svetlanna’s spine once more and by the glint in Draco’s eyes she knew he saw it. Gaining courage, Draco walked a little closer to the group and smirked at Svetlanna, “Don’t worry, Bellamy,” Draco taunted ,”that was just a little taste of what’s lef-“

“Any problems here?” Professor McGonagall spoke just several feet away from everyone. Once no one responded she nodded and motioned for everyone to move forward, “we don’t have all night.”

Once the group reached the Dining Hall, Svetlanna wasn’t in such a good mood. Her stomach was clenched tight and since George was sitting not too far away, she couldn’t breathe as well as she should have been. Everything was going by with a blur; the first years being sorted and the cheers from the different houses. Yet as soon as Svetlanna decided to at least look as if she were paying attention, a certain girl caught her eyes.

Svetlanna hadn’t seen the girl before but she looked far older than a first year, and for some odd reason Svetlanna knew that the girl was the one who smelled of wild flowers and sunshine. How? Svetlanna didn’t know, but the way the girl held herself and the foreign look she had made her seem like the kind of girl that held a large amount of confidence and was able to stand up for herself.

And for that reason Svetlanna’s heart formed a small section of envy for the stranger. She had almost everything Svetlanna yearned for, and it shined without her even speaking a single word to anyone as far as Svetlanna knew.

How was the only question that Svetlanna could even think of questioning silently.

Dumbledore stood up and Svetlanna forced her eyes away from the new girl. He spoke welcomes to first years and introduced a new DADA teacher, Professor Moody. Everything seemed typical until he mentioned something different, something Svetlanna only heard about once.

The Triwizard Tournament.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback would be amazing :)