Status: Just started so.. active :D

Don't Smile

Chapter 5

"G'mornin'," I muttered, turning over on my side. No one was there. Where the hell did Hugh go?

I lay there in bed, my hands folded over my stomach with my eyes half-closed. It was very common for him to not be there when I woke up after a rough night of what he said was "making love", but today was different. For some strange reason, I not only felt slightly achy, but I also felt like I was... I don't know, glowing.

And then I remembered. I remembered that it wasn't Hugh who drove me to sheer pleasure. How would it be him, anyways? He usually just finished inside the glove before I could get to my climax, toss it out and left me with my legs still spread and hair messed up. This time, it was someone else. That someone just happened to be a complete stranger who I'd just met the night before in a desperate search for a body, and his name was Finn.

I wondered what would happen after that. If I was pregnant, I could probably just get an abortion, so that obviously wasn't the worst part. But there was that tiny chance that he might have an STD. In fact, it wasn't that tiny. He didn't necessarily seem frigid, and he had the skills to prove that he wasn't, so that just made everything worse. I needed to know.

"H-hey, Finn!" I shouted, stumbling out of bed and pulling my underpants on as I walked towards the hallway. He was at the table, his feet up and his eyes half-closed with a pen and pad in hand. "Hey, uh, Finn."

He was already looking towards me. "Morning," he grinned, looking at the clock. It was probably somewhere around 10. "Finally woke up, eh?"

I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips, riding my shirt up slightly. "Well, I need to know something. It's pretty important too, so just hear me out." He looked at me curiously and just waited. "Okay, so listen to this. Do you have any STDs or anything?"

Well, that was subtle. He looked shocked as he shook his head and sat up straight. "No, hell no!" He coughed out a laugh and then shot up, his eyes suddenly worried. The hairs on my neck stood up as he grabbed my upper arms and held them. "You don't either, right?"

"No... I actually just got tested." That wasn't a lie. He looked relieved as he let his hands fall down to his sides and he nodded.

"That's... good," he smiled, scratching his head with his left hand awkwardly. I nodded and sat down. "Why do you ask?"

An involuntary laugh escaped my throat as I noticed his sudden mood change. He looked curious for a second before blowing it off and looking into me with expecting, light brown eyes. "I don't know, I was just wondering. Because... I didn't want to, ya know, die or anything."

He nodded and smiled. "To be honest, if I had any diseases, I wouldn't do that to you or anyone. I'd die a virgin to keep myself from feeling that kind of guilt."

Wow. For some reason, my heart fluttered at that statement as he gazed at me earnestly. He really was kind of... adorable. We were silent for a few minutes as I nodded and replayed the words he said while pretty much examining his face. He had a small mark on his right cheekbone and stubble grazing his summer skin. "I, uh, I like your hair," I informed him, raking my fingers through the tips of my own as he laughed lowly and looked at a wispy brown strand.

"Thanks..." he nodded, sitting back down again and clearing his throat. "I like yours... too?"

I giggled as if I were a 12-year old meeting Kevin Jonas for the first time. "Yeah... it's natural." He smiled and then something went off, something snapped. I didn't know what it was either, so that bugged me more than it should have. Maybe it was that spark that always went off at the wrong times with the wrong people, maybe it was just me drinking up the last of the afterglow from the previous night. Whatever it was... it was unsettling. But, for some reason, I still liked it.

Was that wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo yarrr :p