A Wolf's Heart

10

Walking back with Red was exactly my type of medicine. I had to think about a lot, but I didn’t get completely emotional.

What surprised me was that fact that I wasn’t mad at that girl. She didn’t do anything. It’s not like she knew she came between me and my heart. Heck, I didn’t even know Paul had my heart until I lost him. But if I’m not good enough then I can’t force him to be with me.

I was actually really confused. Why was I so hurt? I know there is a connection. A pull or something! But I hardly know him. I can’t keep up with all these knew emotions.

Before I only felt love. Love towards my Pack; my sisters, my brothers, and my Alpha. But I never felt much of anything else.

But now it’s too confusing! I feel new things and I’m acting different. I felt human.

Well not completely. Since when was I a wolf? I mean yeah I’m happy about that, but seriously? I guess I should ask Darin later.

Or now, considering we just made it to the Cullen household.

“Makani!” I heard my alpha’s voice call to me. I spun around to face him and yipped as he embraced me tightly.

With my newly enhanced hearing I heard a relieved sigh. I looked up to find that one face I wasn’t sure I was ready to see. And I really wasn’t. His face was clouded in guilt that he tried not to show. I could barely detect the hidden emotion. I dropped my eyes and buried my face into Darin’s chest. I couldn’t look into his eyes just yet. It would hurt me even more.

After a moment, Darin cupped my face and looked me in the eye.

Are you alright? He questioned.

I sighed before saying, Define ‘alright’.

He rolled his eyes, but gave me a hug anyways.

I tensed when that familiar scent floated through my nose. I heard Darin growl and face him. So he knows what he did. And he agrees with me. I heard words being exchanged and I felt Darin start trembling.

I let go of his body and retreated a little towards the house. The shouting got louder. Now both were shaking so badly they seemed like blurs. They both took off into the forest, phasing mid-air.

I quickly went to follow. They were running fast. I wish I knew how to control my shifting! They were quickly lost in the green overgrown forest.

I recognized Paul’s scent easily and started to follow it. I went a little deeper and soon came to an abrupt stop. Not because I found Paul. No, instead I was mesmerized by a face of an angel. And I just couldn’t stop staring into those bright red eyes.

Darin’s POV

I was filled with anger and worry. Worry for Makani, but bright fury for Paul. How can he even think about hurting her like that?! How can his heart be so cold? So cold where he can’t feel the burning love Makani feels for him?

And now he thinks he can just waltz right up to us and ask me to translate an apology! Is this stupid mutt serious?!

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” I yelled in complete fury. “YOU THINK YOU CAN HURT HER LIKE THAT AND JUST APOLOGISE FOR IT?!”

“I swear I wasn’t thinking! I-” I cut him off before he could continue.

“DAMN STRAIGHT YOU WEREN’T THINKING!” I was so mad I barely felt Makani’s arms slip from my waist. “You already hurt her twice and I won’t let you do it again!” In blind rage I shoved Paul into the forest and we both phased. I ran us far so Makani couldn’t find us.

I found a large clearing. I turned on the gray wolf and immediately attacked. And the battle began.

I was an alpha so I was obviously stronger and faster. But he’s actually fought in real battles and knows more strategies than I do. We were both equal.

But I was a quick learner. I studied his moves and found his weaknesses. I used his own moves against him.

His coat was a bloody mess. So was mine. But it wasn’t my blood.

Now he was pinned under me. Just when I was about to finish him for good, he shifted. His eyes were wide with fear.

“STOP!” He begged. He lightly shoved me off him. I growled and got ready to attack again. “NO! Stop! Don’t you smell that?!”

I took a small whiff but that was all I needed. A vampire was here and by the way it smelt, it was very fresh. And it was headed toward the Cullen’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ!

I'm really not sure how often I'll be posting this anymore. I'll try to do it weekly, but my life is hectic right now. For the past two weeks my grandma has been in and out of the hospital. She has tumors that may or may not be cancerous. She's not the same anymore. She has a surgery this thursday. Please please please, i'm begging you to do a short prayer. I need her to survive. She keeps my family whole. Pray that she overcomes this bump in the road. Please? Just a short one is good enough.