A Wolf's Heart

5

Esme’s POV

It has been a full month and she still hasn’t woken up. I’m really starting to worry about her. But then Jasper would feel it and tattle to Carlisle. My husband would then tell me I had nothing too worry about. But I still stayed by her side loyally. She needed blood transfusions and two of her ribs were broken. But somehow, they healed in a three week time span.

When Paul attacked her we all smelt the blood immediately and fled to put distance between us. Carlisle stayed back to tend to her wounds.

She passed out because of blood loss and we almost had to turn her. But her heart miraculously started beating again. Any human would have died from that…

Alice bounded into the room, the rest of the family by her side.

“Esme! She will wake up in exactly five minutes!” She informed me in her normal chipper tone.

Everyone had smiles on their face, except for Edward.

“Esme, what did you mean by that thought?” he asked.

“What are you talking about, Edward?” I answered with confusion.

“You said, ‘Any human would have died from that,’”

“Oh, it just seemed weird that she was able to survive. I mean, not just the blood loss, but her ribs healed way faster than a human is supposed to–,” I cut off my rambling when I realized he wasn’t paying attention.

Instead he was staring at Makani’s sleeping form. He looked confused, amazed, and frightened all at the same time.

“Edward, what’s wrong?” Carlisle questioned, worry evident in his tone.

When Edward answered, it sounded like he didn’t even acknowledge us. Like he was in some other world. He mumbled the words so softly even we could barely hear it.

“Partea lupul vampir şi jumătate,”

“Edward, what are you saying?” I’m pretty sure we were all confused.

“Partea lupul vampir şi jumătate! Ea este lup parte şi jumătate vampire!”

“What?! How?!”

“I don’t know! She’s dreaming about something and someone said it! But it seems more like a faint memory…” Then he went back to thinking.

Bella is the only one who doesn’t know what he is saying because she doesn’t know Romanian. “Edward what on Earth are you saying?” she asked while rubbing his arms in hopes of breaking him out of his trance-like state. It worked. He said the words in English this time.

“Part wolf and half vampire, Bella! Makani is part wolf and half vampire!” He yelled and we all stood in shock.

What does this mean?! Darin didn’t seem that surprised. More like understanding.

Then we heard her start to stir. Darin made his way toward her and knelt by her head.

She slowly opened her eyes.

She looked at us and saw us all looking at her but it must’ve been overwhelming. She reached toward Darin and he automatically picked her up and took her outside.

Makani’s POV

Darin took me in his arms and carried me outside. I clung to him like a monkey. I recalled the events that happened with the wolves.

I looked at Darin and felt relieved when I saw he was fine.

He looked me in the eye and said,

You were out for a month and your checking to see if I’m fine?

Yes. You’re my alpha and my brother. I won’t lose you.

He sighed, but pulled me deeper into his warm embrace. Then I remembered that other grey wolf.

What happened to the other wolf?

He looked angered but answered me anyway. He never came back.

A feeling of sadness washed through me. Is it wrong to miss the person who almost killed me?
♠ ♠ ♠
not much :/ i actually had a hard time writing this. I didn't know how to even start it so i picked up my twilight book and flipped to a random page. I chose to do the POV of the first name i saw, which was obviously Esme, and it formed this chapter! i know it's not great...
but i would love comments!
and tell me...how do you think this story is gonna go?
:)