A Wolf's Heart

8

We finally broke through the bush that surrounded the house. Everyone was looking straight at me, some with anger, some with relief. And they looked towards Paul with confusion and surprise.

The pack was here and they immediately dragged Paul into the forest. Luckily, they didn’t look that mad.

Darin came straight at me yelling something, which of course I couldn’t understand. And I was glad because he looked angry.

I just stood there silently, hoping he wouldn’t notice.

But of course I’m not that lucky.

He looked me straight in the eye. Where the hell were you? Do you realize that you could’ve been killed?! Do you know that people are out to get you right now? NO! You don’t! You’re in DANGER right now.

I hopped gracefully away just in time for Darin to explode. He was growling and still shaking. And I was scared of him for the first time.

Then he bolted into the forest. I was confused and scared.

I was left alone to wonder what the hell was happening.

Carlisle’s POV

Makani stood still in fear and confusion. We didn’t know what to do, so we just stood there.

Then Alice and Edward both gasped in unison. It looked like Alice had a vision.

“Edward, Alice, what’s going on?” I questioned. They both looked just a bit more relieved then the rest of us. I mean, if the Volturi were paying you another visit in two years time you wouldn’t be relaxed either. So whatever Alice saw had to be important.

“Stefen and Vladimir are coming!” exclaimed Alice.

“Why? Do you know why, Alice?” Jasper asked. This little bit of information calmed us a bit.

“They will be here tomorrow at twilight. I don’t know why though…” She started to look into the future again.

Okay, let’s explain everything shall we?

The Volturi is on their way. They will be here in about two months. And they are getting serious. We heard that they are gathering more guards and soldiers and training them to be fighters. We don’t know why they are coming. But we do know this isn’t for milk and cookies.

Stefen and Vladimir are good friends of ours from the Romanian Coven. They helped us the last time the Volturi payed us a visit. They were quite disappointed when the Volturi walked off without any damage. So them coming might mean they heard of the visit and want to help us out.

We were all now in our living room. The pack and Darin came back. Darin apologized to Makani and she forgave him easily.

The only one who wasn’t here was Paul… When we asked the pack they said he had things to do. Their dark expressions told us not to question it further. What happened?

Makani looked truly upset when she couldn’t find him. She went out hunting with Red a while ago.

We all talked in small groups, avoiding the Volturi subject. We definitely weren’t prepared for what was going to happen the following day. Not even Alice.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm...not sure what to think about this one. thanks to everyone who commented and subscribed!

i love hearing what you all think :)