Status: One-Shot

You Belong With Alex Gaskarth

Only Chapter

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, She's upset
She's going off about something that you said
She doesn’t get your humour like I do

Me & Alex we have always been best friends ever since he moved to America when he was 3. We went to the same elementary school & we started high school together with our best friend Jack. About half way though this year Alex met a girl named Holly she was beautiful & had a great body but the only problem was she was a slut. She was dating boys behind Alex’s back I knew but Alex didn’t ,a few times I’ve thought about telling him but Holly makes him happy so I didn’t tell him. I remember one day I was with Alex & Holly walked up to him asking why I was with him he replied saying that he loves me Holly walked off not getting his joke upset. For that he had to write a song to her about her & his feelings about her, that song was called Holly would you turn me on?

I'm in the room, its a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn’t like
And she'll never know your story like I do

Me & Alex have always liked the same bands. I remember our first concert it was a blink 182 concert we saved up all year to buy those tickets & we don’t even regret going to the concert cause they’re still great. Holly never liked or even heard Blink 182 she just said that their music was crap & a waste of time by listening to them. She also hated Alex’s band All Time Low who Jack, Rian (a guy we met while in high school) & Zack (a kid we also met at the park but he went to a different school).

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're lookin for has been here the whole time

Holly always wears short skirts that if she bent down you could see her ass but me not I didn’t wear that type of stuff I wore shirt & skinny jeans with some Nikes. Holly was cheer captain & I was in the music group. I’ve always dreamt about Alex & always hoped that he would choose me not Holly but I know I’m dreaming.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

I’ve always understood Alex. If he needed to talk I was always there to talk to him & if I needed to talk he was always there for me. I’ve got a question, why doesn’t Alex see that I love & care about him. He will always belong with me.

Walkin the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I cant help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on the park bench thinkin to myself
Hey isnt this easy?

Walking around town with Alex is pretty fun. He always makes everything fun even when your upset. Me & Alex went to the park & decided to sit on the park bench cause we were starting to get tried of walking around. Alex was making fun of people walking past us & cracking jokes & telling our funny memories.

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I havent seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that?

Alex’s smile is the best, its warming & too cute to describe it. I don’t know what happened but I haven’t seen that smile ever since we went to Jacks party. I always wonder why Alex is with Holly. He could do better than that.

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

I don’t get why Holly wears those awful high heels but well I’m the type of chick to wear sneakers even though they were all muddy & wet. Holly wears those low cut cheer shirts so she gives every guy a view of her boobs.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

I wish Alex would see I understand him, we’ve known each other for so long so why hasn’t he seen?

Standin by, waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that?
You belong with me
You belong with me

We always wait at each others back doors. But one day it was weird I was waiting at his back door knocking for hours but he didn’t answer. It broke my heart I was crying for hours & I had no one for comfort me. No one. On Monday at school I asked him why he wasn’t at home he just said he was at Holly’s. It broke my heart even more. He chose his girlfriend over me. His best friend since we were 3.

Oh I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry
I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams
I think I know where you belong. I think I know it's with me.
I remember that night Alex rang me crying on the phone saying that he caught Holly cheating on him. I drove to his house so fast just to comfort him even though he broke my heart. We ended up watching old comedies on the TV. The next day I made him a mix tape with all his favourite songs.

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Alex just smiled at me saying thank you for being there for him. I will always be there for him, ill always be there for him.

Standing by or waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that
You belong with me
You belong with me

Alex broke up with Holly, saying he could do with someone better than her. She ended up slapping him. We were back to the old days me waiting at his back door.

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me
You belong with me

It was prom night. Alex & Holly got back together & she was his date. I ended up going with nobody cause well nobody asked me. All the bands/singers got to perform at the prom. All Time Low just finished performing & I was up next. When All Time Low had just finished Alex saw Holly making out with some guy. He was hurt he trusted her again. I got up on stage & decided to perform the song I wrote about Alex, this is the song. You belong with me. I think Alex realised who this song is about, I finished performing & got off stage. Alex was standing right behind me I turned around & saw him. He asked if that song was about him. What should I say? I told Alex the truth about this song, that it was written about him. Alex had finally said those words, “Will you be my girlfriend?”.