Status: One-shot

Angel Of Music

01

She dressed in satin costume, a distant figure surrounded by the dressing room of royalty. Golden framework embedded in a crimson whirl of elegant splendour. Roses lined the atmosphere, as flashes of cerise and fuchsia painted the chamber with a strange, sweet scent. Following the visit of a childhood friend, she awaited the presence of a frequent visitor.
Auburn curls cascaded around the divine face of a wandering child, her enchanted eyes fixed upon a single red rose. Her fingers gliding across a scrap of black ribbon, entwined with the deathly stem.

Glancing back at the door, she recalled memories of a kind-hearted father, a violin constantly in his right hand, as if it were fixed there. Upon his deathbed, her father promised her that he would send the Angel of Music. Her father promised her.

Glimmering flames that forced the grand room alight suddenly flickered, dimming, no longer glowing boldly against a magnificently dramatic suite, as if it was designed specifically from the imagination of Miss Daae. Through a daring strike of darkness, the hand of an angel swept across each bulb of fire, smothering the tiny flames until they refused to fight the darkness of the night.

Rapidly, a thundering rattle danced around the twilight room, startling the anxious star. Rising from her feet, revealing a trail of flowing white ruffles, complete with drooping sleeves and a frill collar. Almost immediately, she paced towards the door, attempting to escape from the blinding dusk. Her delicate shadow reflected upon the locked door, as an aggravated voice echoed within the splendid walls. The voice, a familiar sound in the ears of Christine Daae, allured her, causing her to gradually turn around to face her master. In her eyes, it was apparent that fear had become her, infusing with the tempting sensation of mystery.

“Insolent boy, this slave of fashion! Basking in your glory!
Ignorant fool, this brave young suitor! Sharing in my triumph!”


The melody echoed, until it was met with a superior reply from the lips of Miss Daae.

“Angel I hear you speak, I listen. Stay by my side, guide me!”

Strutting towards the direction of a mirror, her soul soared with the sound of music. Once again, her keeper had returned to grace her with his presence. Unable to see his face, or hand, or merely any sign of his company, she longed to finally catch a glimpse of her hidden guardian. Continuing to plead for her angel, fascinated by the phantom tenor.

”Angel, my soul was weak, forgive me. Enter at last, master!”

Desperately anticipating the arrival of a new, lyrical line, she stared deeply into the mirror before her, her view then returning to scan the ceiling.

The tone of mystery softened, accepting the apology from his humble student.

“Flattering child, you shall know me” Christine’s eyes widened at the thought of finally knowing the identity of her tutor.

See why in shadows I hide.
Look at your face in the mirror…
I am there inside!”


Striking a powerful ending note, the outline of a man appeared in the mirror, eventually revealing the face of the figure. A tough, worn, face which sported a pristine mask. The angel of music was eventually with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Despite the fact that she's not mentioned in this, I did, in fact, write this for Electric Goat.