My Sister's Keeper

Feuding Siblings

Over the next few days, Tyler got a desk in the bullpen and got tot know the team a bit more. However Reid was still not pleased with this arrangement. He spent a lot of time avoiding the team, especially his sister.

One week after joining the BAU, Tyler strolled over and hopped up onto Reid’s desk. She sat on the edge. “Bro seriously, this attitude is not right. I know you are not happy about this but…come on.”

He looked up at her. “How am I supposed to react? My baby sister was just hired to be an FBI agent and to go out into the field. You could get hurt or killed. Now tell me how I am supposed to react!”

He got up and started to walk away, but she yelled after him. “Reid, wait!” But he kept walking. “Reid!” When he didn’t turn around she found an apple sitting on her desk and whipped it at him.

It hit him in the back of the head. “OW! Tyler!”

“Well you didn’t answer me so I had to do something.” She stood and threw her hands in the air. “But I want to tell you something. I may be your little sister and you may hate that I joined, but how do you think I felt when you did?” Reid was speechless. “All those reasons you just gave me, were the nightmares I’ve had since you started here. But I held it in and dealt with it, and you’ve been ignoring all of us and acting selfish. Tell me…whose the baby of the family now?”

The bullpen had gone silent after she’d thrown the apple and the rest of the team had gathered to see what would happen between the siblings. Reid stared at her for a long time and the silence lingered around them, but no one dared make a sound.

Finally Reid sighed. “You’ve grown up, Ty.”

She nodded slowly. “I had to. It isn’t easy when your dad abandoned you, your older brother moves to the nation’s capitol and your mother is in a mental hospital. I just…had to grow up and move on with my life.”

He looked at her as if trying to figure out what to say. Then he walked a few steps forward. “At this point, the only thing I can say is…welcome to the BAU.”

Tyler slowly smiled and the room suddenly lost it tense feeling. JJ came up to them. “Now that you two have settled your differences, we have a new case.”

When they were all seated, JJ cleared her throat. “In Franklin, Tennessee four people have gone missing in the last week and a half. Both men and women, tall and short, blonde and brunette. Basically they are all different. There is no apparent connection between the group except that they all work within a 3-mile radius of each other.”

“So are we talking serial killer or a mad employee with a grudge?” Morgan asked looking over some papers.

“That’s what the Franklin police are not sure of. The strange thing is that at every murder scene, the killer left this message: Thy debt repaid.”

“Could the killer have known all of these people?” Tyler asked.

“What makes you think that?” Hotch asked, staring intently at her.

“Well…the message. Thy debt repaid. It sounds as if he had a personal vendetta against these people. If we find out what, we can probably catch our unsub.” She replied.

Hotch smiled a bit. “To answer your question from earlier this week, Reid, that right there is why I hired your little sister. That…plus she has exemplary skills at solving puzzles in about as much time as it takes her to throw an apple at your head.”

Tyler blushed a bit but smiled. “Thank you, Hotch.”

He nodded. “Now be at the jet in 30 minutes.”

The team dispersed and Reid walked up to her. “You ready for your first case?”

She shrugged. “God I hope so.”