Status: On hiatus

If I'm the Peanut Butter and You're the Jelly, Why Do We Hate Each Other?

You Care? Yeah Right

Trey walked towards me, muttering “Bitch” as he brushed past me.

“Wow, think of that one yourself pretty boy?” I snickered. He turned around and shot me a death glare. I wasn’t as fazed by it as the last one though. It only really affects me when he’s yelling. I really hate when people yell at me. It makes me feel like a little kid who ate a cookie before dinner. Like I did something wrong. Even though I didn’t do anything wrong before, ok well I kind of did. I probably should watch where I’m going while running. But I couldn’t help it, Matty was chasing me. I had to see if he was catching up. Well then it’s settled, it was his fault.

The bell rang, pulling me out of my head. I walked in and took my seat in the back as usual. Sitting down I took out my history book and a pen. I usually don’t pay attention in this class, it’s just too boring. But I could pretend right? Right. It’s weird though, last year I found this class quite interesting. But this year I hate it. I think it’s because of the teacher. He’s a real prick. He always picks on me. I swear even the teachers hate me. What’s so wrong with me anyway? It’s like I’m a disease no one wants to catch. So they all just stay away and make fun of me. I don’t know what I ever did wrong. I’m not mean, or selfish. I’ve never even raised my voice at anyone but Trey, but still it’s rare that I do.

“Ms. Reckons!” Fuck. See what I mean? He’s knows I’m not paying attention, but yet he still calls on me.

“Yes Mr. Kathins?” I tried to smile innocently, hoping he’ll go easy on me. I could vaguely here Trey snickering. What a douche.

“Could you please answer the question?” He asked, looking at me through his thick old man glasses.

“Um…I’m sorry Mr. K-Kathins, I wasn’t p-paying attention.” Why oh why did I have to stutter?

Trey laughed loudly at this, almost falling out of his chair. What the hell? Is my pain really that funny?

“Mr. Zarren, care to share what you’re laughing at?” The old man looked over to Trey, and I could practically hear Trey’s mind screaming, ‘oh shit.’

“Uh….” Was Trey smart answer. Wow, what an idiot.

“Well I don’t like your outburst, it is disrupting my class, same to you Ms. Reckons. Now leave my class.”

“What the hell!? I was just laughing! Damn it Reckons! You’re such a bitch! Do you see what you did?” Whoa whoa whoa, what the hell did I do? Nothing, but yet again he blames me.
He was the one who freaking laughed. Stupid.

“I didn’t even do anything you dick! It was your own fault, I wasn’t the one who freaking laughed.” Iattempted to growled.

“That’s it! Both of you out of my classroom! Go to the principle! And don’t even think not too because I’m calling down to the office!” Mr. Kathins yelled. Oh my god. No, no, no, no, no. If we go to the office they’ll call home. And if I get another call home my mom is going to be mad. And when she’s mad the beatings are even worse.

“But Mr. Kath-“

“OUT!”

I sighed and gathered my books, putting them into my bag. Trey mimicking my actions. After we gathered our things, we left the classroom heading to the office. Just thinking about what will happen tonight had me rubbing my arm. It’s going to be horrible, I know it. I mean she almost broke my arm last night because I had made her something for dinner she didn’t want.

“Are you okay?” I jumped, forgetting that I was walking with Trey, and also surprised that he could even ask someone that, let alone me.

“I’m f-fine” Damn it! Why do I keep stuttering?

“Well it sure doesn’t sound like you are. I mean we’re only going to the office, it’s not going to kill you,” it might, “so what’s up?” I looked over at him. Since when does he even care? I expected him to laugh at me and call me some name for stuttering. But no, he asks what’s wrong. Why is he so confusing? Maybe he’s just asking so that after I tell him he can tell everyone else. Yeah that’s probably why; he just wants to humiliate me.

“Hello? Earth to Firenzee.” I blinked a few times, realizing that Trey was waving a hand in front of my face.

“Why do you care? You never have before, just a few minutes ago you call me a bitch and now you ask what’s wrong? It’s none of your fucking business Zarren. Just leave me alone for once.” I snarled. I mean like hell I would tell him what my home life is like. He’d probably laugh and say I deserved it. The only person who knows about my mom is Matty, and that’s because he’s my best friend and I trust him not to tell anyone. I mean I never even told him, I didn’t want anyone knowing. But he figured it out. Now whenever it happens, if it’s not too bad and I can find the energy to walk, I go over to his house. But sometimes I just pass out from it all.

“Okay, I was just asking. You looked like you were about to cry. And why do you keep rubbing your arm?” He looked genuinely curios, but I wasn’t about to fall for the ‘nice guy’ act.
He looked down at my arm, examining it. I pulled my sleeve down more, hiding the huge bruise.

“Like I said, it’s none of your business. Just go back to hating me and making my life miserable, it’s not like you care anyway.” Before I turned I caught a glimpse of his expression. He looked hurt, but just as quickly as it came, it disappeared into a glare. I turned and walked into the office. Dreading what was going to happen.
We walked into the office and the secretary sent us to the principle. We both walked in and sat down across from the old lady who was sporting big glasses and a blouse that was probably made in the 1950’s.

“Mr. Zarren, Ms. Reckons, this is the fourth time this week you have interrupted Mr. Kathins class. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call home.” She said, looking over her glasses at us with a disapproving look.

“But-“I tried to say, but she cut me off before I could finish.

“No buts’. Hopefully this will teach you to be quiet in class.” She said.

“Please. I’m sorry. I won’t interrupt again. I promise to stay quiet in class. Please just don’t call home.” I pleaded.

“I have too. You’ve been sent here 3 times already. Last time was your last chance and you blew it. I’m calling home no matter what. Now please head back, the bell is about to ring.” She shooed us out.

We got up and left. I’m not sure how I was walking though. My legs felt numb, my whole body did. I’m not even sure if Trey was still walking next to me. I don’t remember the bell ringing, but people were now pushing past me, shoving me, trying to get to their friends and classes. I didn’t know where I was going; all I could think about was how my mom is going to react. Will she yell? Scream? She’s defiantly going to yell, but what I’m afraid of is how much she’s going to hurt me. I don’t like upsetting her; for once I want to make her happy, proud of me even. But here I go again, getting in trouble in school. I’m always letting her down.

But what hurts the most, is when she tells me she hates me, saying she wishes I were never born. It’s like she’s plunging a knife through me and twisting it. Every time she says it, it hurts more and more. But worst of all, even after everything she puts me through, I can’t help but love her. She’s my mother, and I want to make her happy. I hate that I’m not good enough to be her daughter.

I felt someone grab my hand, and I focused on the present just in time to see Matty pull me into the girls’ bathroom.

“You do know that this is the girls’ bathroom, right?” I questioned.

“Yeah, but I know that look. What happened?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I'm very sorry for the shortness of the chapters.

Comment/Subscribe? :)

I need some feedback people :P