Snow Cloud Skies

Hot Air Balloon

The snow outside is falling, pelting softly against the world. I’m sitting here, shut up inside my room, staring up into a forever white sky with a circling center. The sheets against my back are wild and unruly, but they hold me tight and warm.

An open book lies upon my bed, waiting for the pen between my fingers to spill its words. My breath fogs before me as I sigh, waiting for you. I look to my side, a rainbow spins in a glass case, singing soft lyrics to put me to sleep. Once more I turn my head, my alarm clock glowing off my window. It says I should be sleeping, but I’ll stay waiting up for you.

A hum fills the room as the heater kicks on. It’s air filling my sheets like a hot air balloon; offering me a flight in the sleepy sky. My eyes are getting heavy, and I can’t help but yawn. It’s well past midnight, the moon resting high in the snow cloud sky. The door creaks open as the sandman dusts my eyes. You’re nothing but a blurred outline of yourself, but still a masterpiece to behold. With a twinkling laugh and a shake of your head, your lips are against my skin. I can hear you whisper, as sleep finally draws me in, “I’m here, now sleep, my love,” and that’s all I need.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, don't really know where I'm going with this, but I'm loving it so far! It's my first self made layout! I think it looks good, how 'bout you?