Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Insecurities

The second the doorbell started ringing my heart started beating faster and I got nervous beyond belief.

Alex was supposed to come over tonight and we were going to have a movie night. It would be his first time being in my house and that alone got my knees shaking. He knew were I lived and had been outside a few times but never inside.

My parents were out for the night so we would have the whole house to ourselves, which would be a good thing since I hadn’t told my mother about him yet.

I opened the door and smiled at him as he walked in. “Hey, dreamer.” He greeted me with a kiss.

“Hi, Alex.” I answered nervously and led him into the house and towards the kitchen. It was already Friday and the week had gone by surprisingly fast. I hadn’t heard another word from Dick, not about the Facebook thing we wrote or anything. I couldn’t be more relieved.

“I thought we could make some lasagna together.” I proposed.

“Okay, sure. I’m not to be trusted very well in the kitchen though.” He laughed and hopped up on a counter top.

“Yeah well, me either so I just thought if we did it together it would be fine.” I smiled and started preparing the dish.

“So, it wasn’t that bad.” I laughed as we finished up the food.

“No, I think we did a good job. I’m actually proud of myself since I don’t usually cook.”

Alex collected all the dishes and put them in the dishwasher while I cleaned up the rest and took care of the leftovers. “Well I usually cook for myself since mom and dad never come home in time to make dinner, but it’s never anything complicated.” I said.

“Don’t be so modest, you’re a great cook. I mean you did most of the things today; I just set the table and a few other things on the side. Don’t be afraid to feel proud of what you do if it was something good. Tell yourself you’re a good cook.” Alex said. He stood in front of me in the kitchen. I was not really sure what he wanted to accomplish with this lecture. It sounded like nonsense to me, but I had never done that. Compliment myself, I mean, that’s like a really cocky thing to do, and I’m not much for that.

But I still didn’t want to disappoint him so I gave it my best shot. “I’m a good cook?” The way I said it, it sounded more like a question, which obviously didn’t please him.

“I think you can do better than that. Just think of what you just did, it was an awesome meal, now give yourself some credit for it.” He went on and on. I rolled my eyes, still thinking this was ridiculous.

“I’m a good cook.” I said confidently with one hand on my hip.

“Better, but I still think you got more to give.” He grinned, knowing he annoyed me.

“I’m a good cook!” I yelled loudly, right in his face just make him shut up. I glared at him for about two seconds before we both cracked up.

“That’s more like it.” He said once we stopped laughing. “Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, cause you know the truth. And that is you are great.” He smiled at me.

I couldn’t do anything but smile back at him. He sure knew how to make me feel good about myself. He was so different from Dick in that perspective, Dick didn’t really care about me at all. All he cared about was my body and that he could show me off to his friends.

Alex was much sweeter. He actually cared about me, as a person and to make me feel good and be comfortable. It warmed my heart that he tried to increase my self esteem even when I was sort of a bitch about it, he didn’t give up. And the fact that he actually succeeded.

I took a step forward and cupped his cheeks as I stood on my toes to reach his lips. I gave him a sweet and innocent kiss that he responded to by putting his arms around my waist and lift me up from the ground. I squealed out and broke the kiss when my feet lifted from the floor. He laughed and spun me around a few times before setting me down again.

I laughed with him and hugged him close, leaning my cheek on his shoulder. I sighed, feeling content by just having him near me. “Do you wanna watch a movie or something now?” Alex asked after we stood like that for a while.

I pulled back slightly to look up at him, “Yeah sure.” I smiled and took his hand in mine as we walked into the living room. I led him to my dvd collection that consisted of the embarrassing number of 10 movies. “Well I don’t have so many,” I laughed awkwardly.

“You pick one,” He smiled and squeezed my hand in assurance.

“Okay,” I breathed out almost getting lost in his eyes. I took a deep breath to collect myself and pulled out my favourite movie from the shelf. “Don’t laugh, okay?” I warned him as I started the dvd player.

He did anyway. “Hair? Somehow, that’s not so surprising actually. You know, with the whole flower power, peace thing you’ve got going on.” He grinned as he sat down on the sofa while the movie started.

I felt offended, was that really how I came off as. As a hippie? I frowned. “I’m gonna get us some popcorn and sodas, alright?” I said and walked off towards the kitchen without looking at him. I don’t know why what he said affected me so much. I guess I had hoped he would be different and not jump to conclusions. But I mean that was me, I was for peace and stuff like that, so it really shouldn’t offend me so much.

I sighed as I put a bag of popcorn into the microwave and took out two Sprite from the fridge. I took two big glasses and poured the soda in them. I leaned against the counter once I was finished, while waiting for the popcorn to be done.

I heard footstep coming into the kitchen and I got nervous, what if he was mad at me now when I just walked away? Alex appeared in the doorway with a frown on his lips. “Are you okay?” He asked me as he slowly walked up to me stopping a few feet away, normally I would have thought that would be too far away but now it felt to close.

“I’m fine.” I replied and turned away from him when the microwave tinged, indicating the popcorn were finished. I took out a bowl and filled it with the popcorn.

“Jessica,” Alex took a hold of my arm and turned me around to face him. “Did I upset you? Was it something I said?” He frowned. I had to give it to him, he was able to tell when I lied and notice my mood swings. Most guys would have just ignored it and be satisfied when I said I was fine, but not Alex. Which was extremely annoying, I’ll have you know. When I said I was fine, it meant I didn’t want to talk about it, so he shouldn’t be pushing the matter.

“Is it about the peace thing? I’m sorry in that case; I didn’t know it would offend you. I never meant to upset you.”

I sighed and looked up at him. “I don’t even know why it did. I just…” I tried to find the right words to explain it but it was hard seeing as I didn’t know myself what was wrong with me. I had the boy of my dreams all for myself in my living room and I got upset and walked away because of something he said that even was true.

“I guess I just thought… that you of all people wouldn’t judge me. That you wouldn’t put me in that stereotypical…”

Alex cut me off before I finished. “Jessica, I would never judge you. I thought you knew me better than that. I’ve known you for such a long time and to find out your favourite movie or anything else that I’ll learn more about you isn’t going to change my opinion of you. I like you, for who you are. And I care about you a lot, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t.”

If I hadn’t already known for sure that I was in love with him, I sure knew now. I wanted to tell him, but I knew it was too soon. Instead I just wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his neck as a few tears escaped my eyes. I didn’t know what to say, honestly what do you answer that with? Nothing less than I love you would suffice.

“Let’s go watch the movie now.” Alex spoke up after a few minutes. He took the bowl of popcorn and waited for me to take the sodas and we walked back into the living room.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered as we sat down in the sofa. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. If I was just having a bad day or what? I didn’t know how Alex wanted to put up with me, I was seriously bringing down the mood all the time. He could be with someone much more fun, so why was he here with me?

“Don’t be sorry.” He put one arm around my shoulder while the other rested on my knee as he looked deeply into my eyes. “You’ve been going through a tough time lately, with your parents, Dick and Sophie, I don’t blame you. And don’t ever feel like you can’t be yourself around me. I like you for who you are, and I don’t want you to be anyone else.” He smiled and lifted his hand to wipe away more tears that was running down my face. “Stop crying,” He chuckled and I laughed.

“You mean so much to me, Alex, I don’t know what to say.” I mumbled, embarrassed. I wasn’t used to get so many compliments. Sure guys would compliment me, but that would be like, hot sexy. Never anything about me, just my looks.

“You don’t have to say anything.” He leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead. Then to my surprise he started singing. “Girl, you’re amazing. Just the way you are.”

I giggled and tried to cover my blush as he sang the words of Bruno Mars. “Let’s just watch the movie now.” I gave him a quick kiss and cuddled up to his side as I started the film.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the week: D.R.U.G.S - If you think this song is about you it probably is
Totally addictive xD

Peace and Love ;)