Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Studying

“So, is this right?” Natalie showed me what she had written as we sat in her kitchen, studying German.

Last night had been amazing even though Alex had gone home pretty early to be gone when my parents would come home. It’s not that they would disapprove of me having a boy over but we were still early in our relationship and meeting the parents was a big step. Even though they already knew him and his knew me, they didn’t know us as a couple yet.

I got up early today so I could help Natalie before I had to go to the optician later that afternoon to get my new glasses. I had been there last weekend and got new contacts and ordered a pair of new glasses since the last ones broke when I ran out in the rain after I had kissed Alex the first time. I blushed when I thought about it. It was really embarrassing; especially since it turned out he felt the same.

I took the worksheet she handed me and looked over what she had written. It wasn’t right. “No, look over the verb form again.” I told her and handed the paper back to her and continued with my own worksheet.

She sighed dramatically and slumped down in her seat. “But I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.”

I took out an empty sheet of paper and wrote down the verb endings at every person and gave it to her. “Just learn those and you’ll get it right, it’s really not that hard.”

“M’kay,” She mumbled and looked at the paper. Though it didn’t take long before she gave up. “Why do they have to have different endings on different people? It’s just stupid. It doesn’t make any sense.”

I laughed a little at her. “It’s not so stupid, is just like the difference between has and have in English.” I explained to her.

“Yeah, but that’s suppose to be like that, if you change those it just sound stupid. Besides that’s just two, in German there’s like ten! I’m so gonna flunk this test.” She dropped her head down on the table and let out a huge sigh.

“No, you’re gonna do great, just remember those endings. Then you got it basically covered. There’s just a few exceptions but if you learn those you’ll be fine.” I encouraged her.

She lifted her head and smiled at me as she started redoing the worksheet. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out seeing I had a new text message from Alex. A smile instantly grew on my face and butterflies invaded my stomach.

‘Hey, what’s up? ;)’ It read.

‘Studying with Nat, you?’ I replied.

“Who are you texting?” Natalie asked with a smile.

“Alex,” I blushed and answered without looking up.

“It’s still weird that you guys are together. I would have never thought that.” She giggled.

“I like him a lot though.” I shrugged.

My phone vibrated again and I opened it quickly. ‘Not much. What are you doing tonight?’

‘I have nothing planned for tonight, why?’ I answered.

The next reply came fast. ‘Rian is having a small party tonight, just with the closest friends and girlfriends and I was wondering if wanted to come? :)’

I got nervous all of a sudden. Meeting his friends, wasn’t that a little too soon? Sure, I already knew most of them, but I just knew who they were. I had partied with them, but never anything more.

“What does he say?” Natalie asked curiously, probably trying to find an excuse not to do German.

“He wants me to hang out with friends tonight.” I said nervously.

“Oh, sounds like fun.” She smiled.

“Yeah, but read this;” I handed her my phone with the latest text Alex had sent so she could read it. “What does he mean by closest friends and girlfriends? Does he consider me his girlfriend now or what?”

Natalie had a frown on her lips but then they turned upward in a grin. “I think he does. Why else would he invite you?” She handed the phone back.

“Okay so what do answer?” I bit my lip and looked up at her.

She sat silent in thought for a minute before shrugging her shoulders. “Just say yes. Or don’t you want to go?”

“Of course, I want to go, I’m just nervous about meeting his friends, what if they don’t like me?” I asked horrified.

“It’s not like they don’t know who you are. I mean the ‘closest friends’” She did air quotes, “would probably just be Rian, Zack, Jack or maybe someone else, I don’t know exactly who Alex hangs out with.” She shrugged.

“Yeah, me either but probably them, yeah.” I nodded. “But what do I write? I have to write back soon or else he’s going to think I’m ignoring him.”

“Okay, hmm, write; ‘okay sounds like fun’, with a smiley. Don’t act too eager but not too indifferent either.” Natalie said.

“Okay, sounds good.” I wrote what she said and got a fast reply back.

‘Great :D I’ll pick you up 6.30 and we’ll go somewhere and eat before going to Rian’s, sounds good?’

“Whoa, now he wants us to go eat before we go to Rian’s, just the two of us, is that like a date then?” I asked Natalie.

“Yeah, sounds like it.” She shrugged and smiled.

“Okay,” I said nervously and replied back to Alex saying that that did sound good.

Natalie suddenly bust into a fit of giggles. I looked up at her in confusion.

“What?” I asked.

“You must really like him, huh?” She grinned.

“Yeah, why?”

“You’re just so nervous and insecure, you usually pretty confident around guys.” She told me.

“Well, I guess. He means more to me than any other guy I’ve gone out with. His opinion really matters to me. I just want him to like me.”

“And he does, look you’ve known him forever, well two years and he’s probably seen all sides of you by now.”

“He has not, I don’t know him better than you do.” I protested, he really didn’t know me that well.

“Yeah you do. You two have always had this connection, Sophie’s been talking about it.”

“She has?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, she told me at least. She never said that to you? She just to joke about it all the time when we first started hanging out, that Alex was about to steal her new best friend.” Natalie laughed as she remembered.

I just sat there confused as ever. Had Sophie known about my feelings for her brother? Why hasn’t she said anything then? God, had she told Alex about them? Did he know I’ve liked him for so long? No, he said he hadn’t known. Or if you think about it, he had just broke up with his girlfriend Lisa, maybe he was just using me as his rebound because he knew I’d be willing.

Fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the week: Hero/Heroine - Boys Like Girls

Peace and Love!

And I just have to say one thing; Avenged Sevenfold is the best live band ever! I saw them two weeks ago and it was just amazing!

And now I've seen all my three favorite bands in the past six months, and that is saying a lot for me living in Sweden and all my favorite bands are American :P