Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Home

Grabbing my suitcase out of the trunk in my car, I sighed and looked up at my house. It felt weird to be home again after being away for almost three months.

When I was walking up to the front door, my mom came running out of the house and threw her arms around me. “Honey, I’ve missed you so much!”

I hugged her back tightly. “I’ve missed you too, mom.” I pulled away and lifted the suitcase up the few stairs on the porch, while mom went over and inspected the car.

“I still can’t believe he gave you a car.” She said, shaking her head. I knew she wasn’t too big fan of the idea, but I wasn’t going to say no to a free car. It wasn’t the flashiest car, and it wasn’t new, but it was perfectly fine for me. I knew nothing about cars, so as long as it’s working, I was happy.

“It was a peace offering, I guess.” I shrugged. “Not like he ever used to give me anything, so I guess he felt like he had to do something, with everything that has happened.” I gave her a meaningful look.

She sighed with a guilty look on her face. “I know it’s hard, believe me, it’s hard for me too. But I really think this is what’s best for the future. It just needs some time to adjust.”

We walked together in the house and sat down in the kitchen. We continued the conversation and ate the food she had cooked. We spent the rest of the day on the living room couch just talking and watching TV. I was tired after the long drive and went to bed early that night.

The next morning I texted Sophie just to inform her I was back home. After some serious begging and promising that Alex wouldn’t be there I found myself over at her place a short while later.

Her parents were not so happy she had invited me over since she was grounded but agreed that it at least was better than her leaving the house.

“Are you sure Alex won’t come home?” I asked her, still a bit unsure about being at their place.

Sophie stood by the stove watching over the soup she was cooking for lunch.

“Yes, since he came home from tour he’s hardly been here at all, he’ll come home late at night to sleep and then leave in the morning. They’re about to record their first album and now they’re spending every waking minute trying to perfect their song and rewrite some.”

“Hm.” I just said, not really interesting in hearing anything about him at all. If I could I just wanted to forget his existence. He had been calling a massive amount of times and I had been ignoring every single one of them as well as the text messages he sent. Though I did read those, but mostly they just said he wished I would answer his calls. It was easy to ignore. What was harder was to stop thinking about him.

“What did you do to get grounded anyway?” I asked her.

She stirred the soup around and started laughing. “I went to visit Alex on tour and stayed a few extra days without telling mom. They had been close to calling the police, but I just wanted to see Dave.”

I laughed. “Oh my god.”

“Yeah, probably not my smartest decision but I honestly just forgot.” She smiled and shrugged her shoulders in that sweet and innocent way.

“How are you two doing now?”

“Really good. He told me he loved me the other day.” She said, making an over exaggerated shocked look on her face.

“Seriously?” I said laughing. “What did you say?”

“I said ‘Okay’. It was horrible.”

I started laughing even more. “You didn’t say it back? Poor dude.”

“It was just so unexpected, I didn’t know what to say. He is the first person outside of my family to tell me they love me. I’m sorry for being a little bit in shock.” She tried to remain serious but let out a giggle at the end.

“Well how do you feel about him?” I asked when I had stopped laughing. Though the situation was funny, but maybe not for her.

“I don’t know.” She sighed. “I mean I like him, a lot. More than I’ve ever liked anyone before. But I don’t know if I love him, yet at least. You love Alex, right? How do you know?”

I looked down at the floor at the mentioning of Alex again. “I did.” I said with a shrug, trying to play it off like it wasn’t a big deal, inside my heart was breaking. “You just know, you know. And if you’re unsure than you’re probably not there yet.”

“Yeah.” She mused, turning her concentration back to the soup. “You don’t love Alex anymore?” She asked referring to my statement. “You’re over him now?”

Sophie knew about the Chicago incident, I had called her up crying on the phone after it happened. “Yeah. No. I don’t know. I wish he would just get out of my head so I can move on already. I’m not even angry anymore. And I’m not that sad either, I’m just tired of the whole situation.”

She gave me a sad pitiful look. I hated it, it just made me feel embarrassed about the whole thing. Maybe I was overreacting, but it was still a shitty move he made in Chicago.

“So, you don’t want to get back together with him?” She asked, eyeing me carefully. “If it ever came to that I mean.” She added hastily after seeing my confused look.

“What? Have you talked to him about it? Did he say anything about me?” I asked nervously.

“Um.” She looked distressed all of a sudden. “I mean, not really. I was just casually asking.” She shrugged and gave me a smile. I got the feeling there was more to that than she let on but she’s loyal to her brother, I can respect that.

I helped her set the table and we ate the lunch with her parents. I felt a bit awkward around them. I didn’t know how much they knew about mine and Alex’s story. But luckily the subject was never brought up and I felt more at ease when Sophie and I went up to her room to spend the rest of the day alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I hate myself.