Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 1: Under the Stars

“What? No way I could totally take you, I’m the master of paintball!” My voice rang through the empty streets of the abandoned car park. It was around half twelve at night and it was as if Jack Frost had it out for me, it was fucking freezing. Alex rubbed his hands together and smiled.

“You wish I have the reflexes of a ninja.” As Alex demonstrated his point with over-exaggerated hand movements I smiled and looked around. Right now me and Alex had just came back from a night out in Baltimore and even though it was insanely cold I had to admit it was really beautiful out. I could’ve just stayed out all night and watched the stars but if I did that I’m sure my balls would have broken off by then. I wasn’t complaining though it was nice to take a break from tours and be home again at least for awhile.

“So what’s the plan is it okay if I stay over your place?” Alex nodded.

“Of course let’s just go home before I become an alex-cicle.” I had to laugh I could seriously imagine that. Looking around I had a slight change of heart as the dark streets surrounding this place started to creep me out. My main goal now was getting back to the Gaskarth residence. Shoving my hands into my pockets we walked out into the backstreets, my thoughts mainly of sleep at the moment and to get warm.

Although I couldn’t help but look over at Alex every so often. Thankfully he didn’t see that would have just made the situation incredibly awkward. That’s been happening a lot recently. I just don’t know why but it feels like sometimes I can’t take my eyes off him. Every time I see him now it feels like my stomachs going to explode with butterflies. Why me though? Why am I suddenly feeling this way for my best friend? Maybe I’m just coming down with something. Either way I am definitely not acting upon my messed up emotions, I’m just going to forget it and pretend I don’t feel this way.

I sighed softly our resonating footsteps were oddly comforting until they came to an abrupt halt.

“Did you hear that?” His eyebrows furrowed as he looked around slightly scared. Shaking my head I continued on until I looked back, his feet firmly planted to the ground. I watched as his fingers tugged on a stray piece of hair, another cause for concern, he only does that when he’s nervous.

“Hey stop panicking, there’s nobody here let’s just keep walking” He soon obliged matching my pace trying to forget whatever happened. I could tell he was getting spooked, hopefully he’ll forget about it. My reassurance didn’t last very long, I heard something too not even a few seconds afterwards. Almost like heavy breathing from behind us. Pulling up my hood I grabbed a hold of his wrist and walked faster. I didn’t like this place one bit. Alex didn’t complain as we practically power walked out of there, I know we must of looked demented or bat fuck crazy but it didn’t matter. All I was focused on was getting home. But we both stopped dead in our tracks as we heard something click behind us.

“Turn around right now or I’ll shoot” Out of instinct I turned to face whoever was behind us, so did Alex. My heart stopped, oh sweet Jesus. This guy was wearing a ski mask but I didn’t have time to process this as a gun was pointed at my head.

“Good now give me the money you have on you guys and no-one gets hurt” My head went into panic mode, what the hell should I do? I didn’t have any money on me and I know Alex spent his on getting drinks earlier on. Acting on my instincts my hand slipped into my back pocket, slowly tapping my iphone to dial 999. With any luck they could trace the call as I did this Alex freaked out.

“Dude it’s the honest truth we d-don’t have any on us I swear!” he held his hands up, his body started to shake.

“You’re lying, give me the money now!” My stomach churned uncomfortably, I felt like I was going to be sick with terror.

“Please we don’t have anything on us, we are just trying to get home!” I pleaded my voice strained; I could see tears forming in Alex’s eyes from pure fear.

“Here have my phone, anything just let us go,” he cried desperately trying to coax this freak on putting away the gun. My head felt dizzy, gulping I stumbled back slightly my legs felt like jello but the guy misinterpreted it for me trying to make a run for it. In a moment of shear rage I saw his finger twitch on the trigger. The gun shook and that’s when it happened. Everything went white, all I remember was a scream, a gunshot and a body hit the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo drama :O
Wonder whats gunna happen next?
Any opinions would be awesome, it will spur me on to update faster :)