Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 10: They’re Finding Me Out

The slow rumble of the tires beneath us grinded to a halt. I didn’t really notice at first I was to occupied watching over the currently sleeping form of Alex beside me. My arm was wrapped loosely around his waist as the trip got a bit turbulent around sharp bends due to Matt’s driving skills. I didn’t want him careering into the van wall or some of the guys he has enough head trauma as it is. But come on it was hard to keep my eyes off him.

Rian obviously noticed coughing loudly every so often, each time would make me jump and embarrassingly made me blush. It would always end with me flipping him off before pretending to look out the window. Although eventually my gaze would soon fixate on the peaceful expression that had settled across his features.

“Alright dude we have reached your destination,” Matt yawned stretching his hands across the seat

“Besides I have to drive all these knuckleheads back home before one,” Zack scowled at him earning a quiet laugh to fall from my lips.

“Thanks man only problem is I need to get his luggage inside and he’s fast asleep, can I get some help here?” As soon as I said it I regretted it as a sly smirk crept across Zack’s face.

“Sure thing” his voice low and menacing whilst he slowly crawled over to me his eyes never leaving Alex’s face.

“Uh, Zack?” Immediately he cut me off with a harsh hush before inching closer to him. In one fluid movement his hand connected with his cheek with a harsh smack that resonated in the van. Poor Alex leapt like two feet into the air yelping from the sudden wakeup call whilst everyone especially Zack fell about the van in hysterics. He rubbed his cheek looking at Zack cruelly.

“What the fuck was that for?” Alex’s voice was raspy from recent sleep. Rian piped up.

“Sorry dude, you won’t remember but you and Greico had a habit of slapping people to wake them up on tour and Zack was the main victim, so I think that’s revenge well served.” finishing his speech with a quick high five with Zack whilst Alex didn’t let up his intense glare at them both.

“Come on Lex let’s get you inside before you guys start a bitch fight” with a sigh Alex complied groggily pulling himself up.

Outside the air was thick with the smell of wet grass and smoke, probably because the neighbours had another barbeque earlier on. Rian passed down his suitcase before looking back at us both.

“Alright Jack keep your phone on, keep me posted and don’t forget about the fans, they need to know how he’s doing just as much as we do” With a hum in agreement I gave him a quick hug before thanking everyone for their help and shutting both the van doors firmly. Watching them slowly drive off into the distance I sighed turning to see Alex almost falling asleep again on the sidewalk. Laughing lightly my hand grabbed at his suitcase as we walked up the driveway silently. Just before my hand hovered over the door handle he stopped abruptly.

“Hey, that window looks familiar” His hand was outstretched to a small window above the lawn the curtains currently shut over them.

“Probably because that’s my bedroom window I’ve sneaked out of that thing so many times usually to go to parties I shouldn’t have with you. Except once I fell on the lawn particularly hard and fractured my shoulder, that was one hell of a night” my smile lit up his eyes.

“I think I remember didn’t I stay with you in A&E?” wow he was recalling things faster than I had first expected, I nodded in response before opening the front door.

“Let’s take this up to my room” As I dragged his suitcase up the staircase my eyes watched him inquisitively. Every so often he would cock his head at a certain picture hanging off the wall or touch the wood beams above him. Each time that slight frown passed over him almost as if he was concentrating all his attention on figuring out why he’s seen all of these surroundings before. Before long I guided him into my room scratching at my neck nervously.

“Sorry about the mess I wasn’t expecting company” discreetly picking up a few stray t-shirts lying around my room. He shrugged yawning as he sat on my bed.

I couldn’t help but notice that he would nurse his cheek frequently. Against my better judgement I knelt carefully in front of him staring intently at the red mark prominent on his face, those caramel eyes widened slightly.

“Hold on a second” my breath hitched whilst cautiously my hand cupped his face. I don’t know whether it was from the movement or because he was tired but his eyes fluttered shut. The way he leant into my touch made the blood in my veins pulse faster. It was hard just to control my emotions right now. Slowly my calloused finger tips touched the dark pink hand print that contrasted intensely against the pale soft skin of his face. He flinched away suddenly a hiss escaping his throat.

“Shit Alex that looks nasty, are you sure you don’t want any ice for that?” It was obvious I was worried about him; he looked up at me from his eyelashes blushing.

“If it isn’t any trouble” I was quick to cut him off.

“Of course it isn’t I’ll be right back” Once I had padded down the staircase towards the kitchen I fished around the fridge until I had found what I was looking for. Judging by the noises above me Alex was making a jump start in getting unpacked. So as I made my way back upstairs I made sure to knock on door before going in not wanting to scare him, he has had enough fear from the media and Zack’s abuse today as it is.

Alex stood there in a pair of worn grey pyjamas smiling as he spotted what I had in my hands. Gratefully he pressed the cold substance against his cheek. But what made my heart jump was not only the way his eyes travelled up and down my figure as I walked in but the way he practically tackled me into a hug.

“Hey what’s this for?” I laughed his body practically melting into mine whilst his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. It was indescribable the feelings I got when our bodies were intertwined like this. He sighed quietly against my neck pressing himself tighter against me.

“For everything Jack, you visited the hospital practically every day just to watch over me and make sure I was okay. You protected me from those crazy people with cameras tonight and you’re the only one that’s helping me truly remember the past. I just want to thank you for everything, even the things I can’t remember.” Thankfully he couldn’t see me tear up slightly and for the first time in a long time I felt truly at home in Alex’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jalex are too adorable :P
A lil sweetness for you all
I really like this one especially Zack and his ninja skillz, wow I have watched their buzznet videos too many times xD
Love my commenters and subscribers (one more subber off another star!)
Awesome people include: Lotte_music, Fangs Up, TheTallOne, xxmusicluverxx and Supersonicskyline your comments are beautiful
Hopefully updates soon as I am doing work experience atm xXx