Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 12: Twist and Turn in my Sleep

The feeling of my pulse in my ears was pretty unfamiliar especially when he is only touching my hand, it’s not like we are making out or anything. So why is my body making such a big fucking deal of it when we are barely touching? Maybe because there were less than pure thoughts of where else those hands could be running through my head...

“Y-you want me to teach you g-guitar?” my words stuttered making me blush even more than I was now, he simply nodded turning around whilst taking his hand away from me at the same time. It was weird, it felt like it never even left, the imprint of his body heat still prominent on my skin. In one fluid movement I moved behind him bringing my guitar with me before placing it onto his lap.

The faint rustle of the blankets beneath us a welcoming sound to break the shared silence. Alex squirmed slightly until settling into a comfortable position his back leaning against my chest. I could tell by the way his fingers curled around the neck of my acoustic that he knew somewhat of what he was doing, which was an encouraging sign. But I could tell by that frown he still needed a little time before he would be fully confident in playing again.

“So uh what do you want to learn, chords? Or straight into a song?” Turning his head the hazel in his eyes shone brightly partly from the moonlight outside.

“Chords, definitely,” he breathed confident in his answer. With a nod he turned back to focus on the instrument in front of him. It was almost as if my heart was threatening to explode out of my chest as I leant my chin on his shoulder. I don’t know why but we both turned to face another, almost out of instinct, making it even difficult to ignore the feelings building inside me now. Why did his lips have to be so close to mine right now? It was pure torture.

Meanwhile our eyes were equally locked together refusing to look away. It was only until I awkwardly cleared my throat before he hesitated quickly casting his gaze back down. Cautiously my hand found its way onto his slowly moving his long fingers into position across the fret. Pressing down slightly on his fingers I moved my right hand so it held the other in my grasp, just above the strings. With one downward motion I guided his hand to strum softly against the metallic strings creating a warm hum to emit from it. I pulled away.

“There, that’s a G chord.” A proud expression beamed back at me before slowly turning back and mimicking my previous motion. The same sound gracing my ears.

“See it’s not that bad,” I smiled, his head tipped back to examine my face probably to see if I was being sarcastic or not. When he knew my intentions were genuine he pouted.

“Can you show me some more?” I looked towards my alarm clock the bright red numbers already past midnight. Alex must be nocturnal, how he wasn’t tired right now was beyond me.

“Fine but I do have to sleep Lex” rolling my eyes playfully he grinned holding the acoustic tightly. For around ten more minutes or so I showed him some more chords starting with an E minor and ending in a C. Each time he would reciprocate the exact chord with ease. Once or twice he would hesitate for a moment or ask where his fingers went but that was understandable he was only just getting used to this again. Afterwards I leant back stretching my arms and letting out a long yawn.

“So can I get some sleep now or are you going to ask me about scales again?” He flipped me off before settling the guitar by my bed. Smiling I squirmed under my covers gratefully whilst the soft fabric wrapped around me tightly. I watched Alex’s shadowy form make its way onto the mattress beside me; I couldn’t help but notice him shiver somewhat under the sheets.

“Hey are you sure you aren’t cold?” He peeked out from under his fringe shaking his head lightly.

“Nope I’m alright, seriously the hospital was ten times colder then this” my eyelids drooped but I managed to nod.

“Well if your too cold just tell me kay?” my voice becoming quieter with each word. Stretching out towards the lamp beside my head I flicked the switch so we were both surrounded in comfortable darkness. It wasn’t long before I fell deeply asleep.

Alex’s POV:

It has been a long time since I’ve felt this lost. I was surrounded in swirling colours that moved too quickly for my eyes to register. Loud shouts reverberated harshly, a mix of incoherent words and drawn out noises. It felt like my stomach was churning constantly as the surroundings were spinning around me. When I attempted to speak or shout it felt like my throat contracted as if someone was gripping it like a vice.

A masked face danced in front of my eyes whilst a sharp jolt of pain rocketed through my body with intense speed. I wanted this to stop, I would do anything just to make this pain go away, and I needed Jack badly. But then a scream of my name echoed everywhere pulling me from my desperate thoughts. Only a piercing explosion and an overwhelmingly blinding light made the pain fade faintly. My eyes adjusted to find myself in the darkness of Jack’s room his sleeping form only inches away. It only just dawned on me how hard I was struggling to breathe and that my body was bolt upright with the covers strewn across the floor.

Then a painful spasm shot through me causing my eyes to squeeze shut whilst I let out a wounded animal noise, a tortured gasp, echo off the walls. The ache made my palms dig into my forehead whilst hissing in protest. However the next tremor knocked me back, fisting the sheets tightly while I clamped me lips together. The fear was building in me, wondering if I could withstand anymore of this.

At that moment I heard his voice, the one thing I needed right now. I could hear the shift of the springs on his mattress and felt him hover over me but I couldn’t see him. My hyperventilating was obviously scaring him shitless as he grabbed my shoulders firmly.

“Lex please talk to me!” My eyes rolled back slightly.

“Jack, make it stop!” I cried desperately, the tears now falling down my cheeks. I reached out for his body wrapping my arms tightly around his torso like a scared child. He pulled me into his arms rocking me slightly, his long fingers massaging my scalp. I could feel my body calming slowly but the pain was still prominent. Shaking, my body tensed feeling a second wave wash over my rigid frame.

“Jack please!” In that one moment it felt like I was in slow motion. Knowing both of us were panicking Jack did something I never thought he would, gently tipping back my head, the tender warmth on my lips immediately put a stop to the ache. A completely different sensation radiated over me. J-Jack was kissing me, and it felt so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
N'aww really liked writing this chapter :)
As my status says it has been reported but hopefully it will be sorted out soon, but only had one comment last chapter :(
So big thanks to Lotte_music, this one is for you!
Wish me luck I have three science modules for my GCSE's on Monday :S
I am so dead xXx