Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 14: Lullabies

Right now my eyes were transfixed on the sleeping form of the boy beside me. The way his face was so serene and innocent looking was enough to make anyone’s heart beat faster. Also how his light brown hair fell across that porcelain like complexion just made him appear even more angelic. I didn’t dare move in case it would wake him up; I wanted to stay like this forever. A few flashbacks from last night hung in mind mainly the fact that when we were kissing I felt something I never did before. It was almost as if I could feel the hunger behind it, not just from me but from Alex as well. A small mumble awoke me from my thoughts while he stirred opening his caramel eyes gradually.

“Morning sleepy head,” I smiled prodding his chest, he snuggled closer looking up at me from his long eyelashes.

“Morning” the rasp in his voice made my smile grow bigger.

“Did you sleep okay?” for a brief second I swear a saw his pupils widen slightly and his cheeks tint a light pink.

“Much better thanks” the smirk on his lips made me question exactly what he was dreaming about last night. I was interrupted.

“Jack, what happened last night?” his body shifted so he was now face to face with me, head cocked to the side. I swallowed hard knowing where this was going, how am I ever going to explain the first logical solution in my mind to someone having a panic attack is to make out with them?

“Um, well you woke up crying, I tried all the things that usually help when you have panic attacks then I-“ He sat up abruptly.

“Wait, woah, panic attacks?!” he immediately tensed obviously shocked to hear about his medical history. I guess the nurses at the hospital forgot to mention this tiny detail of his past. Moving so I was propped up onto my elbow my other hand rested atop of his.

“Yeah, it would only happen once or twice a year, but it didn’t take you long to come round afterwards. But this time you looked completely traumatized” Alex calmed a little lying back down closer to me. He seemed to ponder something for a while before whispering under his breath.

“I don’t know what happened,” I moved my hand to the small of his back the other brushed his fringe from his eyes.

“Do you remember anything of the dream you had before you woke up?” the small frown formed across his features, eventually concluding and locking eyes with mine in an intense stare.

“I-I remember a guy, he was wearing a black mask, something in his hands, I felt cold, and I could h-hear screaming” the tone of his voice getting quieter with each word. My eyebrows furrowed he didn’t have a nightmare about what I thought he did, did he?

“Did you hear what they were screaming about?” He exhaled loudly before shaking his head.

“No, all I heard was my name, then a loud bang then it went completely white. Next thing I know I’m sitting bolt upright with the covers half way across the room” I could feel Alex’s frustration; I decided that I should explain what that nightmare was about.

“I think that nightmare was a flashback from the accident Lex” the atmosphere in the room instantaneously become heavier, both of us anxious from the memories of that night. Bad idea, quickly I tried to turn change the conversation, my eyes seemed to be fixated on the dark patch of skin just below Alex’s neck.

“How is your scar?” his eyes cast downwards whilst easing down the hem of his t-shirt revealing several stitches embedded into his pale skin. It seemed to have healed a lot more since the operation, yet the skin surrounding the stitches was still blotchy and scarlet in colour. I don't know why but it was as if I was drawn to it, wanting to comfort him. Tentatively my fingertips pressed around the tender scar eliciting a soft sigh from his throat. Before I could relish in that sound my mom opens the door, a confused look hanging heavy on her face, immediately pulling my hand back as if I was touching fire.

“Am I interrupting something?” she implied putting emphasis on the “something” her eyes darting between us, I could feel Alex shrink away from me slightly.

“No mom I was only checking Lex’s scar, that’s all,” I rolled my eyes hating the fact that she always thinks we’re dating. Soon she saw that I wasn’t lying if I was she would be able to read me like a book.

“Well, Zack phoned he asked if you guys wanted to meet up at his house” both of us turned towards each other sharing a smile and eventually nodding in agreement. I was excited hopefully the guys could help me out in teaching him some of our old material, maybe it would spark off some memories. Also the fact I was getting withdraw symptoms from my electric that I left there was really getting to me. So to say I was excited was an understatement. Mom slowly closed the door behind her as we both got ready to go out, grabbing a slice of toast each before darting out the house, secretly glad that he didn’t ask about the kiss last night.

*At Zack’s House – a few hours later*

My plectrum strummed the last chords of Dear Maria, the thunderous hum reverberating around the bare basement. The acoustics never failed to impress me in here. Rian grinned behind the worn drum set as Zack placed his pink bass on top of a nearby amp. Alex was perched on the edge of the pool table that was currently pushed up against the wall opposite us. His eyes glinted surveying the set.

“Is that the song we filmed in the strip club?” He laughed as I bounded over to him laying my blue guitar behind us.

“Yeah, that was one great day,” I beamed staring off into the distance reminiscing on how hot that girl was, I was rudely interrupted when Zack punched my arm hard.

“Even know she was staring at me the whole time,” I scoffed at the ridiculous lie.

“Pfft you wish powder puff” Zack shot me daggers threatening another punch in my arm as if it wasn't already numb. Rian strode over picking up a stray copy of a CD of ours with multiple songs from our various albums on there. He shook his head staring at us both whilst passing the case towards Zack.

“Shut up guys, you know where this is heading so let's just let it go, because we all know she was flirting with me the most” concluding with a wink we all laughed. Alex skilfully grabbed the CD from Zack’s hand with a devious grin.

“Alexander William, what did you mother say about snatching?” he scolded pretending to be shocked.

“I don’t know, I can’t remember anything right now” he stuck his tongue out playfully before scanning over the scrawled playlist on the back. While Rian tossed me a beer his eyebrows seemed to furrow somewhat over something on the case. Zack caught on quickly instantly asking him what was up. I took a long chug as I heard Alex whisper faintly.

“Wait, why haven’t you played me lullabies?” All of our eyes suddenly widened, I choked on the liquid that was running down my throat. That was the one thing I never wanted to explain to him because it was his most painful memory and now it was time to face the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
Early update for all you amazing people :P
Sorry it's very dialogue heavy but the next chapter has a lot of drama so I had to set it up this way
I couldn't believe the response from the last chapter, it was really touching :)
So awesome people include: Reverendsynvengeance, Scream_tobeheard, Megsalottebvb, FrEaK_oF_lIFe, AllTimeKatlyn and Princess_Skittles
So thoughts? I'm excited to post the next one! xXx