Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 21: Think About It 'Till Anticipation Makes You Shake

Since the day both me and Alex had visited Daniels grave Alex has been really quiet. I don’t blame him as it was a lot to handle saying goodbye to a brother you don’t really know anymore but it has been 5 days. And I was determined to get him out of the house. I wasn’t surprised to find him sprawled across the sofa, remote in hand flicking aimlessly through numerous channels on the TV. Still wearing those gray tracksuit bottoms and beat up tank top from the day before.

The tangles of his coffee coloured hair stuck up in various places and his eyes were seemingly glued to the screen. He really needed a wakeup call. He barely noticed my presence as I sat beside him only grunting in response when I poked his side for any kind of attention. Well he wasn’t going to listen whilst the TV was still on. So without hesitation I grabbed the remote from his hands switching it off immediately.

“Hey! I was watching that,” I sighed laying on top of him to prevent him from trying to grab the remote again. He whined squirming beneath me.

“Jack, Gerr’off me,” I grinned settling my chin on his chest looking at him innocently.

“Nope, I’m not getting up until you get out of here” frowning slightly he raised his eyebrow bemused by my actions.

“What are you talking about?” Jeez can’t this boy take the hint? Rolling my eyes I leant up grabbing his shoulders.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, dude, you haven’t moved off this sofa in 5 days, you are literally turning into a zombie.” It seemed he didn’t agree with my statement.

“I am not” I couldn’t help but laugh at his stubbornness, looking down at him incredulously I continued.

“Seriously it’s a blessing to have a 3 word answer from you lately, most of the time all I hear is yeah, okay, night.” I think I mimicked his voice perfectly but he cared to differ.

“I am just having some time off, I think I deserve it after all the shit that’s been going on lately,” he turned his head staring off into the distance with a look of hurt deep in his eyes. Almost instantly I cupped his jaw drawing his attention back to me. Though it was obvious he was still thinking about the past couple of weeks in his mind.

“Hey I never said you didn’t deserve some time off from this, but you can’t stay in here forever, it’s not going to make your situation any easier, it will just give you more time to think about it. So I want to take you out, get some fresh air, take your mind off things.” Alex visibly relaxed a small smile playing on his lips, the first one I’ve seen for awhile now.

“What were you thinking of doing then?” the curiosity was heavy in his voice and it made me smirk, if only he knew what I had in store for him today. Slowly I pressed small kisses up his jaw till my lips eventually pressed against the shell of his ear all the while he leant up a little.

“Well I was thinking of taking you out on our first date...” I whispered seductively. Quickly I pulled away in turn lifting myself off him ready to head towards the door.

“But if you’d rather sit around and watch TV all day then I guess that’s-” I was cut off by him forcefully pulling me back down on top of him crashing our lips passionately together. His hand fisted my shirt while the both of us had identical grins permanently on our faces the entire time. We only pulled away due to the fact we heard my parents walking around the place, if it wasn’t for that I’m sure we would have been there for a long time. Breathing deeply my hands moved to his waist letting my thumbs rub deep circles into his sides.

“You have one hour Alex, don’t keep me waiting” with one final peck on the lips I regretfully moved off him slipping into the kitchen leaving him dazed and a little shocked. But it didn’t take long for me to hear eager footsteps run up the stairs, I smiled this was going to be awesome. Whilst he was upstairs getting ready I spent most of the time sorting things out, thankfully where we were going wasn’t too far away from here. So it was easy to set everything up beforehand. With about 20 minutes left I managed to sneak into my room. Luckily Alex was still in the shower giving me plenty of time to get changed into something decent and grab a few things that I needed. But I stopped when I heard something coming from outside; I slowly walked out looking towards the bathroom only to laugh.

“When the sun shines, we’ll shine together
Told you I’ll be here forever
Said I’ll always be a friend
Took an oath, I’ma stick it out till the end

Now that it’s raining more than ever
Know that we’ll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella”


I don’t know why but Alex was making a habit out of singing that song around the house. I must admit I loved hearing him sing again but really Rihanna is a big step from Blink 182. Leaving him to continue singing the nerves started to build and so did the questions in my mind. I padded downstairs and sat down beside the staircase whilst I wrung my hands together, fuck I haven’t been this nervous in a long time.

But what if? What if it doesn’t go according to plan? What if Alex doesn’t remember? That would totally ruin my big opportunity to be close to him for the first time. God why are dates so stressful?

“45 minutes! I think that’s got to be some kind of a record” The sound of Alex’s voice tore me out of my trance. I was about to make a smart comment about if he had spent less time singing karaoke in the bathroom he could have been quicker, but it completely flew out off my mind when my eyes took in the sight in front of me. Wow. Wearing a pair of Nikes, black skinnies, a white v-neck with a red plaid shirt over the top was the boy I was so used to seeing in old PJ’s most of the time. I had forgotten how good he cleans up. Shit how is a guy like Alex my boyfriend? He chuckled lightly waving a hand across my face.

“You still there Jack?” I gulped and blinked a few times trying feebly to clear the many thoughts in my head right now, most of them pretty inappropriate.

“Y-yeah um I’m fine, come on lets go” As I stood up grabbing my keys from the table behind me I turned back only to be greeted by Alex barely inches away from me. He was smiling that god damn smile that made my insides twist in ways that left me momentarily breathless. Casually he wrapped his arms around my waist, our bodies so close I could hear both of our erratic heartbeats.

“Where are we going Jacky?” I could feel his fingers brush across the small of my back and it finally clicked. The sneaky bitch was trying to seduce the answers out of me and it was working, up until now. Well two can play at this game. I moved so that my lips brushed against his neck moving my hands to grip his arms tightly. It worked like a charm earning a slight whimper from him. Pulling abruptly away I walked past him nonchalantly looking over my shoulder at his crestfallen face.

“You’ll just have to wait and see.” He didn’t question me after that but followed me eagerly out of the house all the same. I grinned to myself while I slid into my car, I should tease Alex more often.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know pretty late again, a lot of stuff has been going on in the past few days :L
Ooo first date eh? Any ideas of where Jack is going to take Alex?
The closest one will have a special shoutout next chapter :)
But aside from all this I still have yet to mention, I HAVE 10 STARS!! *Squee's loudly* Seriously when I first started writing this up I never imagined I would have the amazing response I got from you guys. I know I say it a lot but thank you so much for all the support :')
Yep I am pretty overwhelmed right now haha
The people who made my week: Alvarittsixx, FueledByAmy, Supersonicskyline, Jeska and Vod Kanockers.
Soo any thoughts? xXx