Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 27: In Retrospect I Wouldn't Do It Again

Jacks POV:

I don’t know how much longer I could take, I just wanted to go to sleep. Tossing and turning the blinking red numbers seemed to taunt me, nothing seemed to help. Made even worse by the feeling of the mattress sink beside me. I could hear Alex sniff quietly before edging to the other side of the bed as far away from me as possible. It dawned on me then how empty I felt without him next to me, although he did kiss Lisa back I must admit I felt a little guilty.

At the moment I just need some time to clear my head before I talk to him. But that didn’t mean I couldn’t snuggle with him right? Silently my hand reached out for his wrist the contact immediately making his body turn towards me. One of the many things about Alex that most people don’t know is that I can tell when he’s been crying. There is always a blurry redness that settles beneath his eyelids from remnants of his tears.

The hazy light that filled my room showed this tell tale sign, easily making me feel even worse. Tugging on his wrist a little more forcefully I scooted up closer to him outstretching my other arm for him. I could see in his eyes that he was reluctant but he soon caved crawling into my arms and pressing his face into my chest stifling a cry. My hand instinctively rested on the small of his back comforting him in any way possible.

“Shh, it’s alright Lex.” He shook his head tightening his grip around my back.

“It’s not Jack, I shouldn’t have kissed her.” He mumbled against my shirt it was clear in his voice that he wasn’t the only one to feel guilty here.

“Yeah but I should’ve told you about her in the first place, I didn’t have a right to keep your past from you.” It was true I already done this once before, keeping the truth from him, but I don’t have the guts to tell him these things. He’s been through enough as it is. Alex stilled slightly in my hold looking up with bleary eyes.

“I’m glad you did though, I only kissed her back because when we did I had flashbacks. At first I couldn’t tell what she was to me so I carried it on. But it didn’t take too long for some painful memories to resurface. That’s when I pushed her away.” I sighed knowing that he was telling the truth eased some of my frustration.

“I guess I’m just protective over you, when I saw you two kissing it hurt you know?” He nodded eyes downcast and his lip caught between his teeth.

“M’sorry Jack, she doesn’t mean anything to me and she never will.” Lowering my face I kissed his forehead lightly holding him tighter against my body.

“I know she won’t. But I don’t want you to feel guilty okay? Let’s forget about her and what happened and move on.” Alex leant up reciprocating the kiss except it was closer to my lips then my own. The feeling of his fringe brushing against my cheek was a warm welcome to me and helped ease my mind off of things.

“I like that idea.” Both of us yawned and stretched before pulling the sheets tighter around us. Even though that thought of him and Lisa was pretty painful I’m sure in time she’ll wind up like all of his so called feelings he had for her. Forgotten.

Next morning

After me and Alex discussed things earlier I slept like a baby. Except my dreams were interrupted by something brushing against my neck. At first I flinched at the feeling my first thoughts were that a spider was creeping around somewhere. Who could blame me? Spiders are fucking scary. Yet it soon felt a lot different to any potential ninja arachnids.

I managed to force open my eyelids and focus enough to see a mass of messy hair stuck in different directions beside me. Even more so was the sight of his lips pressing softly against my throat.

“Lexx, too early.”I whined. There was still an evident rasp to my voice from my recent sleep which I wasn’t too willing to give up on quite yet. Although Alex was very persistent, not that I minded. His hands were interlinked tightly around my waist whilst he was soon nipping at the skin near my collarbone. To say this was distracting was an understatement. Ignoring the warmth in my stomach I clung to the sheets determined to sleep. I never thought I would be able to resist a frisky Gaskarth but I managed.

This was only because my eyes landed on the familiar red numbers in front of me, 11:55. Why do I have a feeling I should be somewhere right now? That’s when it all fell in to place. In one movement I sprung out of bed scrambling up from the floor and checking my phone. SHIT.

“For god’s sake Jack why are we always interrupted when I am so fucking horny” Alex grumbled the sheets now tangled over his body. I did feel bad being tired and “frustrated” is never a good combination however he was going to have to get his ass in gear. By this time I was scrambling through my closet pulling anything remotely decent on.

“I know, but have you seen the time?!” He huffed glancing over to the alarm clock next to him and frowned.

“And your point is?” Thankfully I had my shoes on and my car keys in hand whereas Alex was still sat up against the headboard, eyebrow quirked and arms tightly folded in front of him.

“Zack’s house, major news, 12:00 ring any bells?” For a second it didn’t register in his mind although the realisation hit him hard not long after. He cursed loudly and followed suit finally getting changed whilst I waited for him in the car. The only thought on my mind was Flyzik was going to be pissed.

As we reached the door of the Merrick residence Alex sighed heavily.

“You know you owe me big time for this morning.” Well I’m sure I could make it up to him sometime, I think we deserve some privacy for once. Rolling my eyes playfully I smirked my voice laced with seduction; hey why not tease him a little bit more?

“I know, trust me it’ll be worth the wait.” His reaction was priceless. Not only did he squeeze his eyes shut but he let his head rest against the front door with a whimper.

“You’re a sick fucker you know that Barakat?” he groaned fidgeting on the spot obviously trying to rid his minds of the thoughts that were hanging over his head right now. Thankfully Zack answered the door fairly quickly causing Alex to stumble back slightly from the movement.

“Where the hell have you guys been?” He seemed a little agitated but with good reason I guess. I simply grinned looking over at Alex.

“Sorry Alex had some problems he had to attend to this morning” Yet again his facial expressions never get old.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone
I know it's been awhile but seriously on top of revision, coursework, projects and essays it was hard to keep up.
I don't wan't to sound like I'm making excuses but it has been a stressful week :P
But I liked writing this one, randy Alex makes my laugh :L
My B-E-A-UTIFUL commenters are: Supersonicskyline, FueledByAmy, IntentToStartAFire, Lotte_music, Glamour!Kills, Shmemo2458 and FrEaK_oF_lIFe you are awesome!
Any opinions? xXx

Okay on a really fangirly sidenote: FRAMING HANLEY WERE INSANE
I managed to get right to the front, I caught one of the plectrums, Nixon was staring at me on numerous occasions and then he ran past the front row and lent over us. I FUCKING HELD KENNETH NIXON'S HAND. And to top it all off they went to the merch stall afterwards and they all signed my poster! Even better Nixon wrote "Melissa Rocks!" at the top XD Yep it was totally mind blowing.

And for all your viewing pleasure here is one of my many pics of the guy himself looking right at me ;) Enjoy!

Image