Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 34: I'm Terrified To Speak

Alex’s POV:

Dinner was one of the most awkward experiences of my life. Not quite as bad as when Jack’s mum walked in on us but it was definitely up there. It was as if my parents could sense something was up today. The only sound that filled the room was the occasional scraping of utensils against our plates only adding to my nerves. Both my parents were seated in front of us sharing questioning glances in my direction. I hated how obvious I was to them when something was wrong. How the hell do you even start this kind of a conversation? I sighed internally, my brain working into overload on how I could word this right.

The feeling of Jack’s hand on my knee almost made me jump out of my skin thankfully he was the only one to notice. He quirked an eyebrow as if to ask if I was okay but I simply shook my head feeling the sudden rush of nerves wash over me.

“Alex, are you feeling alright?” Her voice cut through the air like a knife making my pupils widen in the process. Well it was going to happen eventually. Putting down my cutlery neatly on the table I cleared my throat.

“Yeah I’m fine, I just um have something to tell you both.” Underneath the table Jacks hand moved so it intertwined with my own, giving me a final boost of much needed confidence.

“Well I think I’m just going to go on and say it.” Pausing slightly to ease my fear I gulped my eyes trained on the table.

“Me and Jack are in a relationship.” I announced in a rather rushed tone whilst looking towards my parents shyly to see their reactions. Mums face was unchanged but Dad on the other hand looked very taken aback. After another long period of awkwardness mum spoke up.

“How long has this been going on?” her voice was soft and was a stark comparison to the harsh silence that had settled over us due to my revelation.

“About a m-month and a half now.” My stutter made my heart pound even more, the fact that the atomsphere remained unchanged unnerved me. If tension was fatal I'd be dead long ago. I mean jeez, could this get anymore uncomfortable? My dad proved otherwise a deep look of hurt in his eyes as he rose from the table wordlessly. Jack squeezed me hand tightly as the familiar warm liquid settled in my eyes.

“Dad, wait!” I croaked even my voice started to give up on me now. He shook his head whilst my mother became increasingly anxious. She tried her best to calm him offering her hand by placing it on top of his only to be pushed away with a stern shake of his head. His cutlery landed on the plate with a loud clink before he hastily pushed his chair in not even making eye contact with anybody. I knew this was going to happen I thought as the tears soon slid down my cheeks. I got up trying anything to calm him down.

“Dad, please-” He cut me off abruptly, his pupils overwhelmed with emotion.

“Not another word Alexander” He scolded immediately in a strict tone, it made my heart sink further if that was possible. The feeling of rejection is bad enough but by your own family? It was the most horrific feeling imaginable. Without a moment’s hesitation he disappeared out of the dining room and closed the door to his study firmly, the sound resonated in my eardrums. Way to go Alex on fucking up your relationship with your own father. Jack stood up pulling me into a hug knowing all too well that I needed him badly. Whereas mum got up as well, she was soon by my side.

“Oh Alex, don't worry about him. He just needs some time to think by himself.” She soothed, it was evident in her voice that she was clearly upset with what happened. Stifling the sobs that threatened to follow, I nodded praying desperately that she was right. Because right now it sure felt like he hated me.

“Why would he react that way mum?” I whimpered resting head against Jack’s shoulder with my hands clasped tightly around his waist.

“I don’t know. He has a lot on his mind at the moment. I think he’s simply overwhelmed with the news. Although that doesn’t give him an excuse for acting the way he did.” Gently she dabbed my eyes looking between us both.

“C’mere you two.” She smiled warmly embracing us both. I was glad at least mum was always by my side.

“Personally I am so proud of the both of you. You make an adorable couple.” Jack grinned ruffling my hair lightly.

“Thanks Isobel.” She gave us one last squeeze until she went back to the table busily clearing away the plates.

“Now, you two go relax I’ll bring you up some dessert later.” I sniffled rubbing my eyes one last time with my sleeve. Everyone could sense my apprehension although mum was quick to reassure.

“Don’t worry boys, he’ll come around soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm well that didn't go too smoothly
What's going on with Alex's dad?
Big love to my comenters: SugarRush, Lotte_music, IntentToStartAFire, Glamour!Kills, daisy22 and LipstikLullabies <3
If you haven't already checked it out Here is the first chapter of my upcoming story, comments would be greatly appreciated!
In the meantime I have my Mocks all next week :S
Updates soon hopefully xXx