Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 37: The Taste Of Your Lips

Jack’s POV:

Things have been going a lot better since the whole dinner incident. Both our families knew now and they were much more understanding than before. Alex seems to be doing really well too; he hasn’t had a nightmare in a month now. Of course there are times which he forgets but that’s understandable. Zack and Rian have kept their promise on keeping this to themselves and the press is slowly dying down. We had a recent scare when we went to the supermarket not long ago.

It was completely innocent but I was holding his hand for the majority of the time until I saw a flash behind us. After that I got really spooked, thankfully nothing incriminating came out of the situation. Although typical Matt gave us an hour long lecture, about avoiding press as much as possible while Alex is recovering. I understand what he means, it just sucks that we can’t be a couple outside of our houses. I thought we got rid of that paranoia back when we told our parents.

However the rest of the world didn’t have any knowledge on us together and paparazzi would kill for that one shot of us proving otherwise. The pressure was quite a bit for us to handle. To get our minds off things I’ve taken him to the ice cream parlour outside the old playground near my house. It was pretty secluded only the local neighbours seemed to hang around there. Also I know he has a major sweet tooth so for him this was insane. He was literally like a kid in a candy shop.

“Fuck I don’t know which one to get.” He jumped around the same spot as if he had drunk 5 pints of coffee. I simply laughed clutching him tightly to my side, watching his eyes bug out as he surveyed the multiple possibilities.

“Okay, well which ones are you torn between?” Tucking his lip between his teeth a small hum resonated in his throat. I was getting kinda of worried that the kids behind us would soon kill us if we didn’t order soon. Thankfully Alex finally answered. “Either fudge ripple or butterscotch.” I grinned as the rather exhausted looking employee behind the counter finally got an answer.

“Two scoops of fudge ripple and the same with butterscotch with two spoons please.” With a small click of her tongue and roll of her eyes I swear I heard her mutter a “finally” but she soon disappeared into the back. Meanwhile I felt his hand wrapped tightly with mine and a soft blush taper his cheeks. I knew if he could he would kiss my cheek but I accepted the small gesture gratefully.

“You didn’t have to, you know.” He mumbled appreciatively taking one of the pink plastic utensils in the tub. I shrugged helping myself to a spoonful of the creamy substance and smiling. The boy was just too adorable sometimes. As we sat under a shady oak tree in the park we scooped up the last remaining drops of the multi-coloured soup. The best part was Alex was to be busy wolfing it down to realise he pretty much had an ice-cream beard going on.

“Dude I think you missed your mouth.” It was hard not laugh at how ridiculously covered his face was, he even managed to get some on his eyebrow. Don’t ask me how it got there because honestly I have no idea either. Yep he was pretty hard-core when it came to anything with sugar in it. He frowned, eyes criss-crossing in an attempt to find any trace of it.

“Where?” rubbing his face idly I sighed.

“C’mere.” Beckoning him with my finger he complied leaning over, still a look of bemusement overwhelming him. I managed to get most of it off of his cheeks with my sleeve however the last remaining smudges near his lips were a lot more persistent. So instead of grabbing a napkin like any would usually do I opted for a more romantic method.

Tilting my head a little to the left I pressed my lips softly to his. It took a moment for it to sink in with him but he soon kissed me just as eagerly as I was. I was so lost in our own little world that I forgot there was a much bigger one around us with all to prying eyes. I pulled away with resentment clouding my mind although the taste of fudge and Alex overruled everything else.

Blushing from the recent kiss my eyes darted around in the hopes of nobody noticing. Thankfully it looked like we got away with it. Matt was right, I need to be more careful when we are out in the public. On the other hand Alex looked blissfully unaware, too caught up in the private moment we shared.

“Earth to Alex?” I giggled at him zoning out again but he soon snapped out of it grinning like crazy.

“Sorry, kinda just enjoying the moment.” Pulling him to my side in a tight hug, I sighed letting my head rest on his shoulder.

“I’ve been thinking about something else as well Jack.” The whisper was a stark contrast to the light hearted conversation we had beforehand, it held something slightly uneasy to it.

“What’s that Lexi?” He snuggled a little closer but simply replying.

“I think I’m ready to be back on the road again. I want to do the GK tour.”
♠ ♠ ♠
'Ello there :)
Just a lil sidenote my B-day was awesome!
Thanks for all the lush comments they were so sweet :P
I think on the next chapter I will post a pic of one the prezzies I had, it is seriously amazing XD
Anyhoo some fluff for all y'all
I am pretty sad to say this but I don't think there is many chapters left :(
I know, trust me I don't want this to end just as much as you guys do :/
But hey that isn't quite it yet
So HUGE love for all my commenters: SugarRush; caraa07, LipstikLullabies, EmoEnigma, KobraKid, Lotte_music and FrEaK_oF_lIFe you all get some of my bday cake ;)
Comments = A happy writer :D xXx